Download goes exceptionally slow

i am downloading the patch from today. i usually have 500-700 kb/s but i am getting a max of 100kb/s right now, but everything else is downloading at the same speed it usually does
Does anybody know why this is?
Last bumped on Sep 2, 2016, 3:02:25 PM
"
nicholia wrote:
i am downloading the patch from today. i usually have 500-700 kb/s but i am getting a max of 100kb/s right now, but everything else is downloading at the same speed it usually does
Does anybody know why this is?

High demand and a large patch this month. Just be patient.
Why can't they just host the full client file in a big website where people could directly download on it and make things a whole lot faster...

I live in Auckland, NZ (where devs are located), and still download speed is like 30-80kps... I was like, WOW... this will take forever. :v

because of the way the patch system works, they can't really do that. sorry.
i'd give my left nut for a torrent of the complete patched game file.

I've got the fastest internet connection uverse offers, can download 3 hour movies in hlaf an hour, but this patch is rolling along at 55kb/sec?

This is not good. I hope they fix how they do this before "beta" ends.
Theamazonbasin
Yes, everyone's is doing this and it's terribly slow. I am going 0B/sec to 125KB/sec.....
i guess ill play some other game maybe i will be able to play poe in a few days at this speed, nice work GGG.
Most of the people willing to try this game out (after hearing about how good this game is) will be out the window the moment they realize that downloading the client would take ages.

Either, they do something what other MMOs are doing (getting client files hosted somewhere) or they stick with this system and ultimately loosing more than half of interested players down the drain.
the current problems are not typical. I don't expect problems like this to happen in the future. GGG is usually very good at learning from their mistakes.
saw someone suggested using an openvpn @ page 40 of the announcement, after using it my dl speed went from 0-20kb per sec to 500kb / sec

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/504477/page/1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info