ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Hey Ceryneian what do u think about these items for the lightning strike build.

Last edited by FrostyFeat_ on Apr 11, 2014, 6:55:03 AM
just take a look at this topic build is similar to my setup with only some little difference.. i dont use bor-rats nest-(while farming) and less block chance no ondars and pickd stabbing comeback instead..
running 2auras succesfully hatred/wrath(total %6mana leech), 75 75 75 75chaos resist even with bor and bloodrage makes serious dps difference since you take no dmg with 75chaos resist and can replace ll gem with something else for more dps.. 3power 3frenzy charges up might hit +34k/my dps/ dps(i have ok gear still) around 40k with bor..i think with mirror'd or ridic dps&crit dagger 50k dps will be joke with this build.
you may think hitting 75 all resist include chaos resist is ridic but i bought those tri res items seriously so cheap, kinda trires +60hp boots and gloves cost me 24chaos and shield was around 5chaos total..
for some ridic boss fights like magera, palace dominus and such i aim %50 spell block and keep my flasks near me all the time/surgeons/.
this setup is more dps and less survivability but including ridic leech from brage + gg dps i manage to kill all bosses.. didnt try atziri yet waiting my fr to get enough lvl for it since we play together all the time.

all i can say this is one of most solid build in forums which can build up cheap imo. gratz for OP.
I'm leveling up a melee ranger inspired by this build, and have to say it is lots of fun.

I vaaled this stone of lazhwar, do you think its better than the original one

It can save 2 passive points of block chance, but this build have low int problems, so would need to have +int on the rest of the gear. I found it interesting nevertheless.
"
cesaro wrote:
Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for the build. One of the most fun builds I've played!

(dagger was sold)

I'm really liking Bino's Kitchen Knife at the moment. I think the crit chance on it is underrated.

Thanks, I will try and test Bino's knife as soon as I can get one.

"
cesaro wrote:
I'd also like to post my findings from leveling up a new character using this build.

I spent about 20 regrets testing the various damage clusters around the main passive tree to see how they affected the tooltip DPS of Lightning Strike.

This is mostly intended to help people leveling up, and trying to decide which nodes to take first, but I may use some of this information to decide where points go in my final build.

From the Shadows cluster (2 nodes): 13.98% more

Bloodthirst cluster (2 nodes): 8.44% more

Heartseeker cluster (3 nodes): 9.88% more

8% attack speed node at Ranger start: 3.48% more

20% accuracy node: 2.47% more

Influence cluster (3 nodes w/Hatred): 5.91% more and very minor less reserved mana

Arcing Blows (2 nodes): 2.68% more

Lightning dmg + Shock nodes (2 nodes): 1.5% more + 5% shock chance

-------------------------------------------------------
Replacing Life Leech with Added Fire: 25.9% more
Replace Life Leech with Weapon Elemental Damage: 33.4% more
-------------------------------------------------------

Abyssus helm with Tabula Rasa: 67.3% more (I felt this was not particularly feasible. Less block, more phys damage taken = Bad idea without MoM or Lightning Coil)

Some notes:
Spoiler
This was at lv. 70 approximately.
I had a 17/20 LS gem and a 20/20 inc. critical damage gem, running hatred only, with Bino's Kitchen Knife. My tooltip DPS was about 15k while I was testing these (before various increases iirc) I'm now at 19.9k dps with life leech gem in RRRB BoR at lv. 77, or 26.5k with WED instead of life leech

Thanks for the post and your findings. I think it helps for starting at Shadow because you have many damage options, while Ranger you pretty much have a set path until you get to the Shadow area.

Please note however that this is not a damage-focused build, the build is focused around damage avoidance as priority. I can post a damage focused tree later that takes out Dodge and some other things. However, if you really want insane damage - do a low-life COE build from Witch or Shadow. I reached 200K+ Lightning Strike DPS that way, but defense is extremely poor.
"
Hey Ceryneian what do u think about these items for the lightning strike build.

Hi, I haven't tried Bino's but I hear it is a good dagger with very strong regen. Ideally you want to get good life on gear, and spell block. Again - this is not a damage-focused build. I would get an evasion helm with high life and resistance instead of Rat's Nest. Ideally you want Bringer of Rain for the helm because that is one of the key pieces of the build. Same for Maligaro's - if you can get gloves with life and resistances. Crest of Perandus is very good, if you can get a hold of Rathpith's Globe - you should switch to that for the high spell block. Not sure what boots you are using but ideally you want to use Atziri's Step, if not you can use a boot with high life and resistances. If you are having trouble with int (should not be having any since the dagger build grabs some int nodes by Shadow) you can use Sin Trek boots.
"
feelgod wrote:
just take a look at this topic build is similar to my setup with only some little difference.. i dont use bor-rats nest-(while farming) and less block chance no ondars and pickd stabbing comeback instead..
running 2auras succesfully hatred/wrath(total %6mana leech), 75 75 75 75chaos resist even with bor and bloodrage makes serious dps difference since you take no dmg with 75chaos resist and can replace ll gem with something else for more dps.. 3power 3frenzy charges up might hit +34k/my dps/ dps(i have ok gear still) around 40k with bor..i think with mirror'd or ridic dps&crit dagger 50k dps will be joke with this build.
you may think hitting 75 all resist include chaos resist is ridic but i bought those tri res items seriously so cheap, kinda trires +60hp boots and gloves cost me 24chaos and shield was around 5chaos total..
for some ridic boss fights like magera, palace dominus and such i aim %50 spell block and keep my flasks near me all the time/surgeons/.
this setup is more dps and less survivability but including ridic leech from brage + gg dps i manage to kill all bosses.. didnt try atziri yet waiting my fr to get enough lvl for it since we play together all the time.

all i can say this is one of most solid build in forums which can build up cheap imo. gratz for OP.

Thanks for the post. You mind posting your tree - some people may find it helpful if they are trying to mix things up with this build.
"
_RebeL_ wrote:
I'm leveling up a melee ranger inspired by this build, and have to say it is lots of fun.

I vaaled this stone of lazhwar, do you think its better than the original one

It can save 2 passive points of block chance, but this build have low int problems, so would need to have +int on the rest of the gear. I found it interesting nevertheless.

Yes it is very good. The problem is the intelligence as you say - however if you are doing the dagger LS build you do not need to get much intelligence on gear because we get some int from the tree by the Shadow.
I am taking a break from PoE as I feel like I have hit a stopping point with the game and there is very little left that really excites me. Don't know when or if I'll ever be back, but hopefully people find this guide somewhat useful!

Thank you everyone who is trying the build and is enjoying it! Thanks for all the comments and feedback (positive and negative) it has helped me improve the character and the build, and it was quite a journey evolving this character into the Lightning Strike warrior.

Feel free to experiment and mix things up. I have updated my gear to what I finished with in the Lightning Strike post on the first page. Good luck and remember to have fun!

If you ever get bored, here are some tracks I was thinking of using for more videos but never got around to it:

http://youtu.be/8FATI_rC18U?t=59s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUi8At7KlxA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7j1Vn2TgLY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwRPc2041Sc

-Cery
Last edited by Ceryneian on Apr 14, 2014, 1:59:59 AM
thank you Ceryneian for you contribution to the game with such an amazing build and GREAT taste in music btw (i frickin love TSFH)

GL to ya wherever you end up.
thank you very much sharing your build i have a 91 ranger with full respec left and all items i need for that build and it works fine

wondering if it works also fine with an aegis aurora
any1 tryed that ?
plop

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info