ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
emaster wrote:

Then you can drop Druidic Rite and recpec into Alira for +15% to all resists and 20 crit multiplier (I did that because also was struggling with resists and did not have reasonable place to spent those 2 points).

That's actually a good point. Totally forgot about Alira. Might end up doing that instead.
i got this probably i will just 5L and didnt use the increased critical damage that i was using
no queen rules forever, my daughter
"
emaster wrote:

I'd suggest to get Watcher's Eye with "damage penetrates 15% lightning resistance while affected by Wrath". Costs just 1 ex and is basically free Wise Oak. For the second mode you can look for "% to evade attacks while affected by grace" (or similar for haste), since they work with Vall Grace\Haste too. I'd also drop Druidic Rite and grab 8% life nodes instead.

emaster thanks for this good suggestion. I had completely forgotten about Watcher's Eye and also didn't realize it works with Vaal auras, will add to the guide.
xflinn for Pathfinder tree you will need to drop the 4 frenzy nodes on the tree and put 3 points into Nightstalker dagger circle and then you have extra point you can put into something else as well. Then spec Pathfinder wtih Nature's Adrenalin + Veteran Bowyer + path to Master Alchemist.
I vaaled my Choir of the Storm and suddenly got +1 curse corruption. What is the best way to utilize it you think?
"
emaster wrote:
I vaaled my Choir of the Storm and suddenly got +1 curse corruption. What is the best way to utilize it you think?

Congrats! That's one of the best corruptions, almost as good or even better than +1 frenzy charge for this build. Add Conductivity curse. I would try and socket a CWDT + Conductivity setup, or if you have space to move out Vaal auras OR move out golem/ancestral protector and put a 3L Lightning Strike / Frost Blades + COH + Conductivity, OR a 4L CWDT + [Spell] + CoH + lvl 20 Conductivity setup.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 17, 2018, 4:00:41 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
emaster wrote:

Congrats! That's one of the best corruptions, almost as good or even better than +1 frenzy charge for this build. Add Conductivity curse. I would try and socket a CWDT + Conductivity setup, or if you have space to move out Vaal auras OR move out golem/ancestral protector and put a 3L Lightning Strike / Frost Blades + COH + Conductivity, OR a 4L CWDT + [Spell] + CoH + lvl 20 Conductivity setup.

Well with all these abyss uniques I don't really have even one free socket :) I was thinking maybe replace CWDT with conductivity and arc with some another spell (like lighting ball?) and cast that spell manually when needed, so that it will aplly both curses on hit. My damage is so high at that point that I don't need curses for regular mapping even in T15, so I thought to apply them on bosses/abysses and the like. Another thought is to use 1-socket Tombfist with Elemental Weakness on hit corruption, but not sure if I will get much benefits (for mapping I don't care about curse and for bosses, with so much reduced effectivenes, 1 abyss socket will probably give more than lvl 12 elemental weakness). Plus such gloves cost at least 5 ex.
Last edited by emaster on Jan 17, 2018, 4:35:06 PM
"
emaster wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
emaster wrote:

Well with all these abyss uniques I don't really have even one free socket :) I was thinking maybe replace CWDT with conductivity and arc with some another spell (like lighting ball?) and cast that spell manually when needed, so that it will aplly both curses on hit. My damage is so high at that point that I don't need curses for regular mapping even in T15, so I thought to apply them on bosses/abysses and the like. Another thought is to use 1-socket Tombfist with Elemental Weakness on hit corruption, but not sure if I will get much benefits (for mapping I don't care about curse and for bosses, with so much reduced effectivenes, 1 abyss socket will probably give more than lvl 12 elemental weakness). Plus such gloves cost at least 5 ex.

Yeah if you running tight on sockets maybe just use Attack/Spell + COH + lvl 20 PW + lvl 20 Conductivity in a 4L and drop the CWDT Arc setup? I would personally just use another Lightning Strike for this.

Even with reduce boss curse effectiveness Conductivity is quite good.

Alternatively instead of Conductivity - put Temp Chains/Enfeeble. If you have Maim from Tombfist that is a very good combination with Temp Chains for a ranged character.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 17, 2018, 4:38:56 PM
Hi there, just started building today (wanted a lightning strike build for a long time now).

Was wondering why we run silver flask with the onslaught ascendancy?

Using a 300pdps dagger at the moment til I can find a T1 lightning, according to PoB phys dagger isn't too awful it looks

Also is it possible to run HoI+Innervate instead of empower+HoT, or is it useless with CWDT Arc? Also swapped projectile curse for assassins mark and enjoying it so far, would you recommend any other curses, maybe enfeeble to face tank? :P

Thanks for the build and all the input by the way, awesome guide
Last edited by Cøpe on Jan 18, 2018, 3:17:19 AM
"
Cøpe wrote:
Hi there, just started building today (wanted a lightning strike build for a long time now).

Was wondering why we run silver flask with the onslaught ascendancy?

Using a 300pdps dagger at the moment til I can find a T1 lightning, according to PoB phys dagger isn't too awful it looks

Also is it possible to run HoI+Innervate instead of empower+HoT, or is it useless with CWDT Arc? Also swapped projectile curse for assassins mark and enjoying it so far, would you recommend any other curses, maybe enfeeble to face tank? :P

Thanks for the build and all the input by the way, awesome guide

Thanks bud xD. Also LS got updated visual effects and sound in coming patch so hopefully it feels smoother for more people.

Please see my notes in the flask section - I like to be able to keep Onslaught available for bosses since sometimes they can have few/no adds. But feel free to mix it up and try other options like I outline!

Innervate is good if you are shocking and I'm not sure how well that will work and to get the on kill buff. I'll test it out this weekend. In general I have minimal shock ability (totem) since I use Ele Focus for higher end content (see Shock Tables btw on main guide).

Other good curses are Conductivity for offense, and for defense Temp Chains (if you are staying at range + very good with a Maim from Tombfist) and Enfeeble is good too yes combined with blind from Stibnite if you want to play in melee range.

I would recommend not doing that however (unless you are using Castablanca's Ancestral Call method where you can get much higher DPS), as it just exposes you to more damage and we have no corresponding increase in DPS (e.g. point blank / multiple projectiles abuse) to compensate for the extra risk.

If I play at range all I have to worry about pretty much is just spells. If I really need lots of defense I try and cap my dodge with Vaal Grace or use Quartz Flask for the spell dodge and spec Avatar of Veil for more spell dodge (i.e. HOGM).

Another option to try is LS 4L for AOE clearing and then having a 6L Molten Strike for single target.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 18, 2018, 3:07:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info