ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Ok
Thiurak, i've made some out of your build.

Follow my toughts so you can understand why i've gone that way.

First of all, i tought, im playing on torment, so, i wont have access to mirrored daggers.
Well, my dps will be way lower, and i wont have access to 15% block from legacy BoR as well.

So, i followed with abyssus (+ dmg) + light coil (i had a glove with resistances) ->
and if i remember well, was doing bout 120-150k fully buffed.
Used a spectral throw for the power charges. Ill be linking skill tree in a bit.

I got enough currency to buy an acuity, so i did.
It fucked up my resistances, i had to go on with belly of the beast.
It got me to near 5k life, and worked well on leech and survivability.
Since i had one more 4l (since 6l on armor) - i went cwdt setup.

Then i got a good dagger (max crit and 320 dps) and remained with the spec throw, and the swap double curse. It was killing me. 78 Dom wasnt permafreezing, then i went back to the guide.

And changed the 6l to - faster attacks and pcoc (over inc. crit dmg and accuracy, that i was using).
And (this was kinda handy) i switched for the auto dual curse - reckoning - curse on hit - assassin - ele weak. So, i block, near mobs get dual curse =D; its genious.

Now im hitting 150k normal dps
205k double pot
245k with vaal haste.
And i have one more gem, still open to thinking (light warp? vaal skeletons? vaal shell?)

My gear

Skill tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4EsQUtBbUHHgguCpsOSBGWFHUWvxjbGY4hYCP2JP0mlSoLLOEvzDB8OBs6rT3iQKBHBkd-SVFMYE1GTZJRR1O7VUtW6Fb1Vvpbr13yXhNeRWBLYeJirGLsY0NlTWyMb4RwUnBWcNV07XTxeu99dX3jfyuE2YTvidOMNo19jb-OipAbkvOVLpVml9CaE5uNnaqfgqOKpn-sZq_rsHOxs7TFtUi5Pr02vqfBgsLs037WitfL2HbbbtvU2-fglecK51TtQe2D7g7vTu968NXy4fPq-uv-uv8c_94=

It aint perfect as well, i have to change to get the ats + mov nodes so it'll save me a point.
Last edited by arherter on Mar 8, 2015, 8:50:28 PM
"
Hey, took some of your advice and implemented herald of thunder into my build, with a curse on hit setup. It's much better at generating power charges than the reckoning setup. I also switched the reckoning setup from generating power charges to a curse on hit setup, using elemental weakness for offense or enfeeble for defense. You could also choose to run a CWDT setup, which I haven't tested yet. I do lose my whirling blades+faster attacks setup, but my quicksilver flask is generally full while mapping, so I prefer to play it this way. I also upgraded my dagger, which boosted my DPS a bit.

Life:4202
ES:591
Mana:753(625 reserved)
DPS(hatred+ash+thunder):93.8k
DPS(+full power charges):121k
DPS(+Vaal Haste):138k

Hi! Thanks for sharing. That is good setup! I prefer more mana unreserved especially for ranged-form, but this is also a very good option.
"
arherter wrote:
Ok
Thiurak, i've made some out of your build.

Follow my toughts so you can understand why i've gone that way.

First of all, i tought, im playing on torment, so, i wont have access to mirrored daggers.
Well, my dps will be way lower, and i wont have access to 15% block from legacy BoR as well.

So, i followed with abyssus (+ dmg) + light coil (i had a glove with resistances) ->
and if i remember well, was doing bout 120-150k fully buffed.
Used a spectral throw for the power charges. Ill be linking skill tree in a bit.

I got enough currency to buy an acuity, so i did.
It fucked up my resistances, i had to go on with belly of the beast.
It got me to near 5k life, and worked well on leech and survivability.
Since i had one more 4l (since 6l on armor) - i went cwdt setup.

Then i got a good dagger (max crit and 320 dps) and remained with the spec throw, and the swap double curse. It was killing me. 78 Dom wasnt permafreezing, then i went back to the guide.

And changed the 6l to - faster attacks and pcoc (over inc. crit dmg and accuracy, that i was using).
And (this was kinda handy) i switched for the auto dual curse - reckoning - curse on hit - assassin - ele weak. So, i block, near mobs get dual curse =D; its genious.

Now im hitting 150k normal dps
205k double pot
245k with vaal haste.
And i have one more gem, still open to thinking (light warp? vaal skeletons? vaal shell?)

My gear

Skill tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4EsQUtBbUHHgguCpsOSBGWFHUWvxjbGY4hYCP2JP0mlSoLLOEvzDB8OBs6rT3iQKBHBkd-SVFMYE1GTZJRR1O7VUtW6Fb1Vvpbr13yXhNeRWBLYeJirGLsY0NlTWyMb4RwUnBWcNV07XTxeu99dX3jfyuE2YTvidOMNo19jb-OipAbkvOVLpVml9CaE5uNnaqfgqOKpn-sZq_rsHOxs7TFtUi5Pr02vqfBgsLs037WitfL2HbbbtvU2-fglecK51TtQe2D7g7vTu968NXy4fPq-uv-uv8c_94=

It aint perfect as well, i have to change to get the ats + mov nodes so it'll save me a point.

Hi, thanks for posting. That is interesting setup you have done. Trading BofR block and blind for more life from Belly and more DPS from Abyssus. Symeon_Stareyes also posted above that he is using Reckoning like you with Curse on Hit - good to hear you prefer that setup!

Once I am done wiht my wand build I will have to respec back to try these new things.
Hi everyone ocktyfx102 sent me a build that uses Crown of Eyes but on a life build that he is theory-crafting based on this build. I told him to post here as well so others can help him because I am not specc'd to lightning strike with my Ranger right now and cannot test for him.

With CofE you lose the BofR block and blind. But I believe you can get more damage from the spell damage nodes, spell damage per power charge, as well as spell damage on Rathpith. This is his original tree:
http://poeurl.com/zgwOXTP

What you could do is grab the Alchemist nodes which will buff the % block from Rumi's by 30%. So 40% from Rumi's becomes 52% added block, etc. I use this on my wand Ranger to get max block and max spell block without Bringer of Rain and only using Rathpith.

This will help address the loss of block from removing Bringer of Rain. You can even drop Stone of Lazhwar because you will have way overcapped spell block. You also have more accuracy, and should be able to solve the fire resistance negative with a good chest.

One upside to using Crown of Eyes is that the spell damage will act as buff % physical AND % elemental for the build, so it is great for physical conversion builds like this one. And with 5 power charges you are getting an extra 5x4=20% spell damage buff.

You also get more life leech AND mana leech.

I encourage people to try the Alchemist nodes for flasks especially if they are using Taste of Hate and Atziri's Flask - the DPS buff you get is pretty insane and this will probably be nerfed. The buff to Rumi's is also extremely good.

Interested in hearing what you all think and whether anyone has time to test this.

EDIT: or something like this for Scion:

Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 9, 2015, 11:30:39 PM
Coming back to this build from my wander and making some tweaks given suggestions from people in the thread and some tests of my own. These changes reduce the crit multiplier but increase the crit chance making crits more reliable in ALL situations, and some changes to help me use ranged mode better against bosses:

1. Unspec from crit multiplier at top of Shadow (4 nodes)

2. Put 3 nodes into Acuity cluster (attack speed, accuracy, dex)

3. Put 1 node into crit chance by shadow

4. Remove ICD gem from Bringer of Rain and use PCOC instead -> this reduces overall crit damage but your crits are now much more reliable as you generate PCOC from your attack (up to 5 Power Charges using Power tree). Overall I feel this strategy is better than ICD given how Multi-strike works with crit and how elemental status effects are a big part of this build.

5. New Reckoning setup: Reckoning + COH + Temporal Chains + Ele Weakness -> great new set-up thanks to several suggestions from people on using Reckoning for COH. I love Temporal Chains because it helped my wander a lot and provides a MASSIVE slow when you block. Ele Weakness gives massive DPS boost - also when you block. If you want super defense use Enfeeble instead of Ele Weakness.

Did some tests on Atziri and double Palace and overall it feels significantly stronger.

6. New weapon-swap (4L Quill-Rain): Split Arrow + COH + Poacher's Mark + Empower. I use this now when I want to play more at range - I curse bosses with Poacher's Mark to reduce evasion and give some mana on hit - which is great for ranged mode. Since I am not up-close the Reckoning COH setup rarely affects the bosses. I now do A'alai 100% at range, and I use more range when fighting Atziri in between dodging blasts.

My new tree:

Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 19, 2015, 12:56:49 AM
Since you are more into range, why not going abyssus?
Im dying to see how your dps would do with the setup i posted above.
Here is the updated skill tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B0QSxBS0FtQceCC4Kmw5IEZYWvxmOG8gj9iT9JpUqCyzhL8wwfDgbOq06sz3iQzFHBkd-SVFMYE1GTZJOKlFHU7tVS1boVvVbr13yXkVgS2HiYqxi7GNDZU1sjG-EcFJwVnDVdO1463rvfXV9438rhNmE74nTjDaNfY2_joqQG5LzlS6VZpfQmhObjZ2qn4KjiqZ_rGav67GztMW1SLZBuT69Nr6nv9XBgsLs037WitfL2HbbbtvU2-fdDeCV5wrnVO1B7YPuDu968NXy4fPq-uv8xf66_xz_3g==

Also, same block as legacy BoR for most part.

Also, im intrigued at trying something out of that but with MOM/EB.
Since i get 1200 ES as long as near 5k life.
"
arherter wrote:
Since you are more into range, why not going abyssus?
Im dying to see how your dps would do with the setup i posted above.
Here is the updated skill tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B0QSxBS0FtQceCC4Kmw5IEZYWvxmOG8gj9iT9JpUqCyzhL8wwfDgbOq06sz3iQzFHBkd-SVFMYE1GTZJOKlFHU7tVS1boVvVbr13yXkVgS2HiYqxi7GNDZU1sjG-EcFJwVnDVdO1463rvfXV9438rhNmE74nTjDaNfY2_joqQG5LzlS6VZpfQmhObjZ2qn4KjiqZ_rGav67GztMW1SLZBuT69Nr6nv9XBgsLs037WitfL2HbbbtvU2-fdDeCV5wrnVO1B7YPuDu968NXy4fPq-uv8xf66_xz_3g==

Also, same block as legacy BoR for most part.

Also, im intrigued at trying something out of that but with MOM/EB.
Since i get 1200 ES as long as near 5k life.

Hi thanks for posting. I tried Abyssus before and I got up to 550K DPS fully buffed (power charges + flasks). It is fun, but the defense is very poor compared to Bringer of Rain.

The tree is very good choice if you want to get more permanent block and rely less on flasks. As you can see the downside is the nodes are very far =(. Do you need Survivalist circle? If not you can use those 3 points for more life or even endurance charge if you use them.

That is very nice ES! MoM/EB is interesting however I feel you need high mana regen in order for it to be useful so in addition to getting EB you would need to grab mana nodes for regen. What you could do is maybe just get EB and then you should have very high mana so maybe you can reserve an extra aura/herald.
Hi.

I'm currently trying this build, and love it so far.
However I'm still new to the game.

I gotta admit that I'm pretty confused about where and what to read and what not to read (due to the update from 1.2 -> 1.3).

I'm trying to find the gems in the post but there are so many gems so many different places.

The gems i should be aiming for, is it the gems found under your current gear? or the gems in the gem section where you describe therm?

The gems I'm trying to get is the gems you have in your video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxkHEm_iZdA&feature=youtu.be

regards Nickwan
Last edited by Nickwan_ on Mar 28, 2015, 12:37:20 PM
"
Nickwan_ wrote:
Hi.

I gotta admit that I'm pretty confused about where and what to read and what not to read (due to the update from 1.2 -> 1.3).

I'm trying to find the gems in the post but there are so many gems so many different places.

The gems i should be aiming for, is it the gems found under your current gear? or the gems in the gem section where you describe therm?

The gems I'm trying to get is the gems you have in your video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxkHEm_iZdA&feature=youtu.be

regards Nickwan

Hi. Yeah the guide is a bit of a mess but I will do a big revamp for Act 4. My 1.3 video is a little out-dated. Aim for the gems I link in my current gear section.

Bringer of Rain: LS + Multistrike + WED + ICD
3L: Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Enfeeble
3L: Vaal Grace + Inc. Duration + Faster Casting
4L: Hatred + Herald of Ash + Reduced Mana + Ele Prolif
4L: Reckoning + PCOC + Inc. Crit Chance + Life Leech

I encourage you to customize the build to what you like. A lot of people use Vaal Haste with this build instead of Vaal Grace. Some also put Curse on Hit with Reckoning with 2 linked curses so that they can curse when they block (if they have dual curse amulet).

You can also just drop Reckoning and use Cast When Damage Taken.

I have not leveled this build from scratch before but one thing you can do if you have enough regrets is to take Acro and Phase Acro early on until you can get Bringer of Rain, Rathpith and Rumi's flask for your block. Then you can unspec Acro and Phase Acro.

"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Nickwan_ wrote:
Hi.

regards Nickwan

Hi. Yeah the guide is a bit of a mess but I will do a big revamp for Act 4. My 1.3 video is a little out-dated. Aim for the gems I link in my current gear section.

Bringer of Rain: LS + Multistrike + WED + ICD
3L: Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Enfeeble
3L: Vaal Grace + Inc. Duration + Faster Casting
4L: Hatred + Herald of Ash + Reduced Mana + Ele Prolif
4L: Reckoning + PCOC + Inc. Crit Chance + Life Leech

I encourage you to customize the build to what you like. A lot of people use Vaal Haste with this build instead of Vaal Grace. Some also put Curse on Hit with Reckoning with 2 linked curses so that they can curse when they block (if they have dual curse amulet).

You can also just drop Reckoning and use Cast When Damage Taken.

I have not leveled this build from scratch before but one thing you can do if you have enough regrets is to take Acro and Phase Acro early on until you can get Bringer of Rain, Rathpith and Rumi's flask for your block. Then you can unspec Acro and Phase Acro.

Awesome thanks a lot, and thanks for the quick reply.
And once again thanks for an amazing guide! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info