ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

COSTS

I don't understand when someone people say the cost of this build is too high. For the amount of content you can do with this build it is very very cheap.

- Non-legacy Bringer of Rain = 2ex. You can buy an even cheaper non-legacy Bringer of Rain and divine it yourself to high life roll. If you manage to get 150+ life you are in very good shape because you would otherwise need to get a 6L chest and helm that combined have 150 life.

- Legacy Bringer of Rain = 14ex-20ex. I see prices of legacy Bringer with near perfect life rolls going for 14ex+. That is 220 life. You cannot get close to 220 life on a 6L chest + helm.

- Compare cost of legacy Bringer to cost of end-game 6L evasion chest with ~1.5K+ evasion, 80+ life, and maybe 2 or 3 high resistances. And you will see they go for 50ex+. Look at this search on poexyz for a 6l 1.5K+ evasion, 80+ life chest:
http://poe.xyz.is/search/ugobanokamioki

- Rathpith's Globe = I see prices range from 15 chaos on low-end to 2ex on high end. Average seems to be about 1ex.

- Weapon - even with a 200DPS dagger that I bought for a couple of GCP you can still have about 60K damage and freeze up to Courtyard bosses with this build.

- Chroming - lets not forget about chroming. It is WAY easier to chrome a 4L Bringer of Rain to 3R1B than it is to try and chrome a 6L evasion chest. This build uses many red gems. LS, MS, WED, Melee Phys Damage, and Life Leech gems are all red. We then use Inc. Crit Damage (blue), and Faster Attacks (green). We also use Blind (green) but it is free in the Bringer of Rain to make it a 7-link, so on a 6-L chest you will have to either not use blind, link it in for lower dps, or link it separately somewhere else on gear and use other Blind methods liek smoke mine, flame totem, etc.

So that is 5 off-color and only 1 green on an evasion chest you will have to try and roll, which can take a LOT of chromes.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Sep 9, 2014, 8:18:20 AM
This build and Punture bow are the cheapest than can do Uber Atziri.
sure man, here's my kit

i switch between saffs and

i have about 20% chaos resistance so i run blood rage with no issues,

i dont ever need curses :|

with a decent party member and auras, i achieved 475k tooltip last night, no curses, no shock
SPorkTots
Last edited by B_L_3_E_D on Sep 9, 2014, 9:37:56 AM
with mirror weopen why u have to curse lol just right click everything down lol
How you get 711% crit great buill btw
IGN: SMALLDUCK
"
vezlaine1528 wrote:
with mirror weopen why u have to curse lol just right click everything down lol

I don't curse regular mobs lol - only bosses. Sometimes I curse mobs on Atziri map. I curse sometimes offence sometimes defense.

With offense curse I can shock and freeze permanently every boss in the game except Atziri bosses.

More offense is a good thing because every second you are in fight increases the percentage of risk.

Compare vid of Uber Vaal where I use curse on one boss and do not curse the other, and you can see how powerful curses can be.
"
GOONK wrote:
How you get 711% crit great buill btw

Thanks! High crit dagger with crit mult + nodes.
beats me how you get max res with this build. ifollowed everything and still cant hit max res.
"

Ranged version with more projectile damage:

Possible Offensive Gear
- Helm: Rat's Nest / Abyssus
- Gloves: Maligaro / Acuity
- Shield: Daresso's Courage (some decent all-round res)
- Would need 6L chest with some decent life and resistances. Can grab chaos resistance and maybe run Blood Rage if you are experienced

I was thinking of using your ranged version with Abyssus and Lightning coil > Spectre Throw (With a little tweaks like removing piercing and getting Ballastic Mastery). Do you think it would be viable and how much dps might it deal? The reason why I choose to use spectre throw is because I'm quite inexperienced with lightning strike and it may be tough for me to adapt to the different angle of projectile.

Thanks!
Last edited by fuzzybearz on Sep 11, 2014, 4:56:41 AM
"
swampya wrote:
beats me how you get max res with this build. ifollowed everything and still cant hit max res.

?? You need resistances on gear. You can't get max res just from tree. You need ~140% total res for each cold, light, fire by Merciless

Let me break it down for you how to get to max res:
1 ring: ~40% each cold, light, fire
1 ring: ~40% each cold, light, fire
Belt: ~30% each cold, light, fire
Gloves: ~30% each cold, light, fire

That gets you to 140% all. You even have EXTRA FLEXIBILITY because this does not factor in any resistance from shoes, Rathpith gives ~20% light res, and you can run Purity of Elements instead of Herald of Ash.

Please note this is not a build that is good for people new to PoE as noted at the top of guide
Last edited by Ceryneian on Sep 11, 2014, 10:29:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info