ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

hi friend i am doing your build with light strike but i have a question.the new bringer of rain worths?i dont know if its better to use the new bringer of rain or a 6link chest with rats nest helmet and maligaros.because the new bringer of rain its so nerfed than the older one.tell me what is better in onrder to do atziri and high level bosses.
The answer will always be bringer of rain is the best. Cery has said many times this and after all this is a bringer of rain build. And that's because of the balance between offensive and defensive stats. ,.......

However do not be fooled by this..... There are better offensive helmets( rats nest is perfec for a crit build. The mods on it compared to an account roll on a rare are very good) and other defensive options (lightning coil, mind over matter, arctic armour). I will never use bor because I don't play Ls melee at all so the loss of a support gem its a huge drawback for me
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
Hey, thanks for sharing this. I do have one question: should I go left of Ondar's Guile and get Thick Skin/Fencing early or is this something to get later on?
"
hi friend i am doing your build with light strike but i have a question.the new bringer of rain worths?i dont know if its better to use the new bringer of rain or a 6link chest with rats nest helmet and maligaros.because the new bringer of rain its so nerfed than the older one.tell me what is better in onrder to do atziri and high level bosses.

Aza is right. Right now Bringer of Rain is the best helm you can use on this build. I will add a FAQ with this question because I get it all the time. Simply put:

- Free blind (this is KEY to this build of being evasive, without Blind you will get hit much more often)
- 15% Block (this is a TON of block - think about how many nodes this saves)
- 20-30 phys damage (very good damage especially on a build that needs a lot of phys like Lightning Strike
- decent life
- Cheaper than an end-game evasion 6L chest

There is no other unique that can give you these options apart from Bringer of Rain. The only downside is that you have harder time filling resistances.

Aza is 100% right that using Bringer of Rain is not really optimal for ranged attack because ranged attack does not benefit from the Melee Phys support on Bringer of Rain. But this is a melee build at heart, it has high defenses so you can enjoy playing relatively safely at melee! LS melee is also one of the strongest single target attacks in PoE - which helps you take down bosses fast!
hey cery, your guide has been the foundation of my build and i thank you very much for that. I changed a couple of things here and there and this is what I play with basically everytime i log on. (before i reroll my MFer anyways) :P

my friend was asking for my dps and i just decided that i wanted to show you as well

Spoiler

SPorkTots
"
azamantes wrote:
The answer will always be bringer of rain is the best. Cery has said many times this and after all this is a bringer of rain build. And that's because of the balance between offensive and defensive stats. ,.......

However do not be fooled by this..... There are better offensive helmets( rats nest is perfec for a crit build. The mods on it compared to an account roll on a rare are very good) and other defensive options (lightning coil, mind over matter, arctic armour). I will never use bor because I don't play Ls melee at all so the loss of a support gem its a huge drawback for me

Hi Aza! I see you like range and you like DPS xD. This is interesting because I realize many new people coming to this build do not see this build as a defensive build.

This build used to be ALL ABOUT the defenses
which I love and are a joy to play with, however due to recent 1.2 changes - the DPS on this build has overshadowed the defense!

The defenses are still the exact same and still super strong, but you will not see that after 1.2 because you will freeze / destroy everything with this build. So I can understand if some people come to this build and think it is a DPS build based on the new videos.

Maybe for the average person doing this build the defense is a bit too unnecessary. I can now perma-freeze Palace Dominus both forms so I never skip him now when mapping - doesn't matter if it is -max, GMP, etc. I can permanently freeze him so he does nothing, if he manages to attack for a brief second - I have evasion/dodge/max blocks. Even my super-emergency Vaal Grace aura I now rarely use and I am thinking of switching to Vaal Lightning Strike.

So for 77 maps and below you will not use your full defenses probably 80% of the time.

But I think I may be able to make a nice build for you that can merge with my CI LS build idea I had for freezing - it will be like this life build but will:

- Drop some block nodes. Carry a Rumi's flask to fill up some missing block
- Keep acro
- Put extra points into damage, freeze!, and projectile damage nodes
- Drop BoR, use 6L instead to maximize projectiles: LS-MS-Inc.Crit Damage-WED-PPAD-Faster Attacks
- Get a nice helm / gloves for more damage!

I will be safer since you will now be almost 100% ranged and your projectile damage will be much much higher and they will freeze better. However you know there will be some drawbacks (obviously less survivability with no block, and you will more trouble with reflect), and I don't think you will be able to do Atziri as easy as this current build since Atziri cannot be frozen.

I could also make melee version of this build that would use Melee Phys instead of PPAD, which should have insane single target.

I might try this out because maybe now with the high DPS and freeze having max blocks is complete overkill for everything except Atziri and Uber Atziri - since Atziri and her other bosses have mods to not be frozen and not be shocked. Only the Vaal can be shocked.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Sep 8, 2014, 11:38:29 PM
"
Reaveler wrote:
Hey, thanks for sharing this. I do have one question: should I go left of Ondar's Guile and get Thick Skin/Fencing early or is this something to get later on?

Yes go left! It is a great choice because you get the life nodes AND the damage nodes very close to each other. Also make sure to grab Herbalism early on for more life and your flasks!
"
B_L_3_E_D wrote:
hey cery, your guide has been the foundation of my build and i thank you very much for that. I changed a couple of things here and there and this is what I play with basically everytime i log on. (before i reroll my MFer anyways) :P

my friend was asking for my dps and i just decided that i wanted to show you as well

Spoiler

Hi BLEED! Haha that is some nice DPS xD. You mind posting your gear and tree for others to see? You are hitting well over 450K+ with Shock.

I am thinking of making a specific offensive version because I realize MANY people are coming to this build and see it as an offensive build and not a defensive build (this pains me, but I want to create something for them). Most people are NOT doing hard 77+ maps and Atziri content so running an offensive version with freeze is probably more efficient for them. See post above where I mention to Aza my ideas xD.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Sep 8, 2014, 11:44:05 PM
"
Ceryneian wrote:

So I tried the melee version of this last night. Here is the thing:

- Life: if you take off Bringer of Rain and add a chest with life and try and use a DPS helm like Rat's Nest - you will have much less life than before. Even the lowest of lowest Bringer of Rains will give you 120 life, if you managed to find a chest with 100 life you will still have lower life than the Bringer of Rain

- However, if you decide to use a helm with more life and use a 6L chest with full 20/20 gems: LS, Multi, Inc. Crit Dam, WED, Faster Attacks, Melee Phys - you will see that your DPS will NOT be much higher than Bringer, it may actually be less. Because the 20-30 phys damage from Bringer is A LOT (compare it to Abyssus that adds 40-60)

- However here are some DPS numbers I quickly ran:

Current Tree:
- Current tree in guide no changes to nodes. All I did was take of Bringer, use Tabula Rasa adn 20/20 gems mentioned above and tried the following:

- Rat's Nest: 231K DPS with Hatred + Ash + Atziri Flask, 272K DPS with Hatred + Ash + Atziri Flask + Power Charges

- Abyssus: 314K, 377K

Melee Offensive Tree:
- Regreted some nodes and spec'd into this melee offensive tree that DOES NOT have Frost Fingers:

- Rat's Nest: 263K, 310K
- Abyssus: 360K, 432K

Add an extra 50% to all these numbers for shock. Tried Double Palace Dominus with the Rat's Nesete version - finished bosses in seconds.

Conclusion
If you want to go for more DEEPS (and I like Rat's Nest because you become quite fast for movement speed) these methods are viable but you need to remember that:

a) You will have less life. I dropped from about 3.9K to about 3.6K

b) You will probably not be able to do trio on Atziri or Atziri herself simply because they CANNOT be Frozen or Shocked. You could do Vaal easily with this high DPS + shock, but you will really struggle with the other Atziri bosses because you will lack the BLIND + MAX BLOCKS, and have lower life

c) You will have more trouble against reflect

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info