[0.11.6] How to Flicker. Guide for a Flicker Strike build using a dagger and a shield.

Very nice guide man. Style points for a non ES flicker. I ran one as a marauder, but converted to CI. IMO a CI flicker is far superior, but this build is cool nonetheless. The main benefits are definately easier chroming and being able to have high armor, giving more defense against reflect.
Last edited by Glutton on Aug 31, 2013, 1:56:49 AM
Why dont you Take the blood magic passive instead of using the blood magic gems?

only 4 points away, and u could switch that nasty blood gem with something else perhaps life leech for even more survival?

And Blood magic gem multiplies your skill by 2xx% thats alot of HP to loose if u constantly spam flicker.

otherwise, very nice guide and build! im going to try it out!

~ DJPaxo.
"
DJPaxo wrote:
Why dont you Take the blood magic passive instead of using the blood magic gems?

With the Blood magic Passive the mana cost is less indeed(not that it's really any problem)
and you'll have 1 free support gem slot
BUT(and its a big "BUT") Blood Magic Passive means NO Hatred; NO Determination; NO Purity; No Tempest Shield! And if you want to use any of the X mana reserved auras ( not the X%) you'll have to reserve life... and with this build it's extremly hard to reserve your life
And ofcourse you need to spend extra passive skill points to get it

P.S. To be honest i've never tried it because the auras are very important but i'll test it right away!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 3, 2013, 9:41:17 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
"
DJPaxo wrote:

With the Blood magic Passive the mana cost is less indeed(not that it's really any problem)
and you'll have 1 free support gem slot
BUT(and its a big "BUT") Blood Magic Passive means NO Hatred; NO Determination; NO Purity; No Tempest Shield! And if you want to use any of the X mana reserved auras ( not the X%) you'll have to reserve life... and with this build it's extremly hard to reserve your life
And ofcourse you need to spend extra passive skill points to get it

P.S. To be honest i've never tried it because the auras are very important but i'll test it right away!

Just thinking, hatred does indeed add 30% dps as cold. Tempest shield? Is it really worth it? - for me, purity was never needed. i'd rather get resists from gear. Determination is good. would be a minus to miss hatred and determination. but i would still prefer Blood magic passive, just a personal thing :)
I've done some testing with 70+ maps and here are my thoughts about it:
Without Hatred you'll lose around 4500 dps
Without Purity you'll lose 4% max resists and some resists(i was able to compensate with 3 extra skill points)
Without Determination you'll lose around 5000 armour ( 11% physical damage reduction)
The Tempest shield is not a big loss indeed
I was forced to respec some skill points to get to the Blood Magic Passive (Testudo and the 2 one-handed related nodes wich are needed to get to that) so in total i've lost 10% block chance(Testudo+Tempest Shield)

Now the good part is that the extra life leech(from the gem i've used instead of the blood magic gem) was a nice addition.
You can also try and use increased crit multiplier gem instead of the life leech gem to compensate for the lack of hatred damage.

In the end there was no difference in terms of surviving ablility but the damage and killing speed was lower.

My personal opinion is that with the auras is slightly better but using Blood Magic Passive is perfectly fine aswell... so it's a matter of personal preferences.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Sounds good to me. Thanks for ur time mate. Once again, very nice guide!

I'll build up with blood magic passive, hope it will turn out well!
I wish you good luck DJPaxo i hope that this build works fine for you ;)
"
KorgothBG wrote:
I wish you good luck DJPaxo i hope that this build works fine for you ;)

Best of luck for you too! And so far, im level some of 40's, It's been so easy! i really look forward to get on merciless to try it out in the end game! Gotta collect some gear too :)

Thanks again!
yo thx for the effort. nice art
this is what i need
How you handling the high lvl maps? can you 1 shot every white?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info