[0.11.4] [HC/ONS] CI Physical Wander

"
singhjay wrote:
"
kolp wrote:
I can post wherever I want buddy. My ele wander isn't "trash" and is more than viable on hc/ons as well. Also, you're choice of carnage heart is terrible for hc...25% reduced ES? A good rare ammy can have 6% leech and way better stats, with none of the downsides of carnage ammy. Terrible choice for "hc".

It isn't viable on hc/ons, believe me. Tell me how many tries it takes you to get to 80+ without dying, and when you do, let's see who can do maps much more efficiently. I've ran both on hardcore, and without capping your damage, you will not be as good as a phys wander given you don't have IR/UW.

Carnage heart is amazing, not only because of the life leech, but because of the all stats it gives, and the resis we require so much (since we don't run purity). Taking Iron Grip just got that much better. Also, the 25% reduced ES is only about 300 ES. Such a huge downside and totally not worth it am I right?

I dont believe you, because it isn't just viable, it's better imo. ele is better because you can get the same or higher dmg without taking as many dmg nodes that phys wander takes. I'm assuming you tried ele wander with a bad wand; having a godly wand will make or break the build.

The ammy is not the best option because of the reduced ES. It is only 300 ES on your build; on mine it would be over 500. Thats a lot. Consider that a rare onyx ammy can roll:

6% life leech
+52 all stats
22% ES
16% All Res

And you still have 1 prefix and 1 suffix left for whatever you need (+46 flat es, WED, 14-26 phys dmg, more res, crit chance/mult, etc.)

I rolled one a while back 6% leech and a bunch of other good wander stats. There are many other amulets I would chose before carnage heart, the 25% reduction is not worth it, especially for hc.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on Aug 27, 2013, 12:19:55 PM
"
kolp wrote:
"
singhjay wrote:
"
kolp wrote:
I can post wherever I want buddy. My ele wander isn't "trash" and is more than viable on hc/ons as well. Also, you're choice of carnage heart is terrible for hc...25% reduced ES? A good rare ammy can have 6% leech and way better stats, with none of the downsides of carnage ammy. Terrible choice for "hc".

It isn't viable on hc/ons, believe me. Tell me how many tries it takes you to get to 80+ without dying, and when you do, let's see who can do maps much more efficiently. I've ran both on hardcore, and without capping your damage, you will not be as good as a phys wander given you don't have IR/UW.

Carnage heart is amazing, not only because of the life leech, but because of the all stats it gives, and the resis we require so much (since we don't run purity). Taking Iron Grip just got that much better. Also, the 25% reduced ES is only about 300 ES. Such a huge downside and totally not worth it am I right?

I dont believe you, because it isn't just viable, it's better imo. ele is better because you can get the same or higher dmg without taking as many dmg nodes that phys wander takes.

The ammy is not the best option because of the reduced ES. It is only 300 ES on your build; on mine it would be over 500. Thats a lot. Consider that a rare onyx ammy can roll:

6% life leech
+52 all stats
22% ES
16% All Res

And you still have 1 prefix and 1 suffix left for whatever you need (+46 flat es, WED, 14-26 phys dmg, more res, crit chance/mult, etc.)

I rolled one a while back 6% leech and a bunch of other good wander stats. There are many other amulets I would chose before carnage heart, the 25% reduction is not worth it, especially for hc.

All of this seriously means nothing to me since you're on standard. I don't have the luxury that you have of having all this amazing gear available to you, and being able to afford the occasional death.

If you do not want to die, you need IR/UW given that you're CI, no question about it. With that being said, you as an ele wander will not have the mana or damage you need to dish out the damage you claim to be able to do. On top of that, you can die to double/triple reflect and rhoa's among other things.

As for the amulet, I believe you. There are potentially better options than carnage heart, but at the moment, I haven't seen or found one. I'm currently working on eternal exalting my chest to get 780+ ES/EV on it.
IGN: I_CRASH_AND_DIE
Hardcore Harbinger
Last edited by singhjay on Aug 27, 2013, 12:23:37 PM
When did I ever say that I don't use IR/US? My ele wander has them both. My issue with you're build is the ammy and calling ele wander trash.

Mana is not an issue either, I run 6 auras....

I'll post a video of my "crappy" ele wander doing a 75+ 6 team map when i get home, if you need some proof...
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on Aug 27, 2013, 12:26:27 PM
"
kolp wrote:
When did I ever say that I don't use IR/US? My ele wander has them both. My issue with you're build is the ammy and calling ele wander trash.

I'll post a video of my "crappy" ele wander doing a 75+ 6 team map when i get home, if you need some proof...

I am not calling ele wanders trash #1, and #2, let's see you solo that 75+ map (for science) because I know for a fact I can solo maps up to 74 (anything above that just isn't worth the currency or risk). Having your group as a meatshield means nothing to me, especially since again, it's softcore.
Hardcore Harbinger
Last edited by singhjay on Aug 27, 2013, 12:32:31 PM
"
singhjay wrote:
"
kolp wrote:

I am not calling ele wanders trash #1, and #2, let's see you solo that 75+ map (for science) because I know for a fact I can solo maps up to 74. Having your group as a meatshield means nothing to me.

I can solo it fine, or I can have the other 5 guys just sit by the portal while I solo it to make it even harder....
-Anubis Hotep
"
kolp wrote:
"
singhjay wrote:
"
kolp wrote:

I am not calling ele wanders trash #1, and #2, let's see you solo that 75+ map (for science) because I know for a fact I can solo maps up to 74. Having your group as a meatshield means nothing to me.

I can solo it fine, or I can have the other 5 guys just sit by the portal while I solo it to make it even harder....

Sure, if you can post that video of you soloing the entire crematorium map and boss with 5 other people sitting at portal, I will edit out the OP and kill this thread.

Also, make sure ele reflect is part of the map mod. If you die, then your entire point is out the window.
Hardcore Harbinger
Last edited by singhjay on Aug 27, 2013, 12:38:45 PM
challenge accepted. BTW, i'm not asking you to remove your build, just don't agree with your comments on ele wander. you're build is fine (accept the ammy)
-Anubis Hotep
"
kolp wrote:
challenge accepted. BTW, i'm not asking you to remove your build, just don't agree with your comments on ele wander. you're build is fine (accept the ammy)

I like to be proven wrong and learn from my mistakes. If ele wander is indeed the superior build, then phys wander is just simply inferior since you're telling me you can solo 75+ maps with UW/IR.
Hardcore Harbinger
Last edited by singhjay on Aug 27, 2013, 12:40:11 PM
So like, where's this video? :)

I'm interested in rolling a wander since I've got quite a bit of currency doing nothing in my stash.
Old HC Mirror Thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/516260
"
Flying_Petals wrote:
So like, where's this video? :)

I'm interested in rolling a wander since I've got quite a bit of currency doing nothing in my stash.

It looks like he's "On Probation". I didn't believe him when he said the things he said anyways. It just isn't possible. He just seemed to be way too full of himself.

I'll be updating my guide when I decide to start playing again. I've been busy with school and what not, but for the time being, it works.
Hardcore Harbinger
Last edited by singhjay on Sep 15, 2013, 9:39:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info