[0.11.4] [HC/ONS] CI Physical Wander

IGN: I_CRASH_AND_DIE
Hardcore Harbinger
Last edited by singhjay on Aug 18, 2013, 2:05:28 AM
Spoiler
you do not want any out side sources of elemental damage because you are a physical wander, your mana and life leech come from your physical damage, not your elemental damage, you will one shot yourself if you crit in maps which is why elemental wanders are trash

False, maybe in softcore with trash ele wanders who go low life, but no you will not 1 shot your self with AOE DPS as ele wander. And i would further add that ele dmg isnt trash either its quiet substantial life or CI based.

Nice build
IGN: Blackroset
"
Dunnzo wrote:
Spoiler
you do not want any out side sources of elemental damage because you are a physical wander, your mana and life leech come from your physical damage, not your elemental damage, you will one shot yourself if you crit in maps which is why elemental wanders are trash

False, maybe in softcore with trash ele wanders who go low life, but no you will not 1 shot your self with AOE DPS as ele wander. And i would further add that ele dmg isnt trash either its quiet substantial life or CI based.

Nice build

I'm still trying to find the perfect blend and balance of ele and phys, but that would be different for everyone since everyone will be doing different DPS and the passive skill tree doesn't really allow me to do that especially since I can't run both anger and wrath.

I rather say now that "it's not a priority to get" rather than "you do not want any".

Removed and edited the OP. I still personally think physical wanders are better than elemental wanders because eventually an ele wander will one shot himself to ele reflect without capping his damage, but until I crunch some numbers I'll stay off the subject.
Hardcore Harbinger
Last edited by singhjay on Aug 18, 2013, 2:23:06 PM
Hello!

I loved the guide, but however i do about 0 damage (about 600 dps on the lmp power siphon)

I can easily solo docks, but it takes some time (im level 69)

So can i please get an input on what i have to change? my budget is about 25ex

My gear:

please fix me...
"
Siza1337 wrote:
Hello!

I loved the guide, but however i do about 0 damage (about 600 dps on the lmp power siphon)

I can easily solo docks, but it takes some time (im level 69)

So can i please get an input on what i have to change? my budget is about 25ex

My gear:

please fix me...

Your gems are low level. Getting a 6L and using added fire on your AOE would help a bunch. I'd suggest getting quality lmp, ps, added fire, and increased crit damage. I have a 6L vaal regalia with the correct sockets that I'll sell for 15 exalts. Oh, and rustic sash with ES and resis.

Once all your gems are level 15+, you should see a huge increase in your DPS. Also, link me your passive skill tree. I'm assuming you're a witch missing the correct damage and crit nodes.

EDIT: almost forgot, get a carnage heart

EDIT2: Actually, I see that you're on standard, so I'd actually suggest following Aux's build on the Witch forums. You have no reason to be getting IR or UW on standard.
Hardcore Harbinger
Last edited by singhjay on Aug 27, 2013, 11:43:57 AM
While I'm going life based, this was actually really helpful guide for my Phys Wander Shadow.

Mostly your insight into not bothering to get any of the other wand passives other than eldar power instead going for Crit (which I was still tossing up.)
"
singhjay wrote:
"
Dunnzo wrote:
Spoiler

Nice build

I'm still trying to find the perfect blend and balance of ele and phys, but that would be different for everyone since everyone will be doing different DPS and the passive skill tree doesn't really allow me to do that especially since I can't run both anger and wrath.

I rather say now that "it's not a priority to get" rather than "you do not want any".

Removed and edited the OP. I still personally think physical wanders are better than elemental wanders because eventually an ele wander will one shot himself to ele reflect without capping his damage, but until I crunch some numbers I'll stay off the subject.

I've tried both phys wander and ele wander, and my ele wander is by far the better setup. More damage and survivablity, faster clearing, can CARRY 6 team maps with ease. I'm remaking a physical wand ranger atm, but the ele wander is still my favorite char. Anyone that says ele wander is trash doesn't know what they are talking about and probably shouldn't be making "guides" for others to follow in the first place.

My gear:

This was the phys wand I used:

"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on Aug 27, 2013, 11:07:17 AM
"
kolp wrote:
"
singhjay wrote:
"
Dunnzo wrote:
Spoiler

Nice build

I've tried both phys wander and ele wander, and my ele wander is by far the better setup. More damage and survivablity, faster clearing, can CARRY 6 team maps with ease. I'm remaking a physical wand ranger atm, but the ele wander is still my favorite char. Anyone that says ele wander is trash doesn't know what they are talking about and probably shouldn't be making "guides" for others to follow in the first place.

My gear:

This was the phys wand I used:

You're in standard and have no reason to be posting in this thread. This thread is purely for the hardcore/onslaught variation. Not to get as much DPS as possible, and occasionally die to random bullshit. The ele wander is viable, but it's not as efficient or as survivable as the phys wander.

"
matt41647 wrote:
While I'm going life based, this was actually really helpful guide for my Phys Wander Shadow.

Mostly your insight into not bothering to get any of the other wand passives other than eldar power instead going for Crit (which I was still tossing up.)

I've updated the build quite significantly. You might want to update yourself with the changes, and if possible remake as a witch if you're under level 75 (I plan on reposting this guide in the Witch section with an excuse of liking the looks of the Shadow more and hope for a better start when they remake the shadow tree).
Hardcore Harbinger
Last edited by singhjay on Aug 27, 2013, 11:40:16 AM
I can post wherever I want buddy. My ele wander isn't "trash" and is more than viable on hc/ons as well. Also, you're choice of carnage heart is terrible for hc...25% reduced ES? A good rare ammy can have 6% leech and way better stats, with none of the downsides of carnage ammy. Terrible choice for "hc".
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
"
kolp wrote:
I can post wherever I want buddy. My ele wander isn't "trash" and is more than viable on hc/ons as well. Also, you're choice of carnage heart is terrible for hc...25% reduced ES? A good rare ammy can have 6% leech and way better stats, with none of the downsides of carnage ammy. Terrible choice for "hc".

It isn't viable on hc/ons, believe me. Tell me how many tries it takes you to get to 80+ without dying, and when you do, let's see who can do maps much more efficiently. I've ran both on hardcore, and without capping your damage, you will not be as good as a phys wander given you don't have IR/UW.

Carnage heart is amazing, not only because of the life leech, but because of the all stats it gives, and the resis we require so much (since we don't run purity). Taking Iron Grip just got that much better. Also, the 25% reduced ES is only about 300 ES. Such a huge downside and totally not worth it am I right?
Hardcore Harbinger
Last edited by singhjay on Aug 27, 2013, 12:09:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info