[0.11.4] [HC/ONS] CI Physical Wander

Note: this build does not rely on alpha's howl or any gem snapshotting and is much more efficient as a Witch. I've updated this post with a 110 point Witch build that I will also be reposting in the Witch forum.

This guide is a work in progress and I won't try to get it any attention (via bumping or reddit) until it's completed. My goal is to make this guide noob starter friendly. For now, you'll have to deal without that part.

I can solo maps up until 70 (since that's when I start grouping), I can even do stupid map mods except for blood magic. Enfeeble and phys damage reduction is annoying and should not be ran unless you have a party that can carry you.

Couple (lel) things to note (feel free to debate):

- you do way more damage (without killing yourself)/potentially have more survivability than EK marauders
- carnage heart is over powered (quality blood rage + carnage heart = 21% life leech)
- maligaro's is better than thunderfist especially since you're physical based
- lmp/chain is better than gmp/chain because you do more physical damage and because of how physical scaling works with armor, you want more damage/less mana
- iron reflexes/unwavering stance is a must because you don't want to die to random bull shit (rhoas), and carnage heart is over powered
- iron grip boosts your physical damage by a significant amount
- scaling your damage with crit is the best way with physical since we are wanders, and wands have terrible base physical damage
- because wands have terrible base physical damage, the only efficient nodes on the tree for physical wanders are the nodes leading to elder power, and (not as efficient, but considered in my opinion decent) the wandslinger's prowess circle.
- the wand nodes at the top by hex master, fusillade, and wand slinger's prowess are inefficient for the reason above and in testing only boosted my tool tip DPS, not my actual DPS
- you want to prioritize natural sources of elemental damage meaning added fire and hatred (and anger since quality added fire boosts it), and not outside sources such as from rings and gear (thunderfists)

Keep in mind, this is a HARDCORE build and not a SOFTCORE build. If you want to run softcore, drop determination, get wrath (and haste if you can), drop added fire for weapon elemental damage, drop the 20 points getting IR/UW and invest in all the damage nodes, run around with 35k+ DPS single target and 10k+ DPS aoe.

I designed this build to make sure I don't die to random bullshit, and given that, it is 100% end game worthy assuming you have the gear and currency to get there.

110 point Ranger variant (somewhat more efficient than the shadow, but Witch is still best)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAdED2wW1DkgOrRB7ES8RlhUgFdcY2xmGGYohYCLqJJ0nqSi1KaUqOCpNKwosvyzpLYMyCTJ-OrM74T8nQKBDnEPSRwZKjFWpVi1WY1eHW69famCIYVJiWmNDbPZtGW6qcFJw1XTxfVt_xoCuhq6Ia5AKks2VyJcGl7SZmpu1naOeuZ_LoSKiBKJAoqOnK6c0rEesf6y6rpOv67TFtve-OsBRwQDBxcHzwuzDOsNtxKLKSs3q037Xhtsa3Q3fmOHa4oDi9-OE6NbrFOss62PsGO9O8uH0-PVL-u_8qw==[/url]

Gems and Links

6L: power siphon + LMP + chain + added fire + reduced mana + increased critical damage
4L: power siphon + faster attacks + added fire + increased critical damage
Auras: grace, determination, hatred, discipline, and if you can, anger

My Gear

My Flasks

My Stats (offense/defense/single target/aoe)

IGN: I_CRASH_AND_DIE
Hardcore Harbinger
Last edited by singhjay on Aug 27, 2013, 1:10:15 PM
If you have auxium you can easily run Wep ele damage in the 6link instead of the reduced mana.
IGN - drewdog (physical_cannon)
(physical wanders - level 93 79k frenzy 38k lmp/chain)
"
drewd0g wrote:
If you have auxium you can easily run Wep ele damage in the 6link instead of the reduced mana.

With all the auras you are running and the small amount of mana you have, you can't possibly sustain any more than 1 cast especially if you have a fast attack speed. And since you are physical based, you don't scale your damage with any elemental damage at all. Not enough to give you a significant boost in DPS with weapon elemental damage anyways, not to mention elemental damage doesn't help you with any leech what so ever.

If I ran without the reduced mana, I can't sustain my 5L since I have about 118 unreserved mana after auras and about 68 mana cost per cast.

If you take a look at most CI physical damage builds, most of them have at most 150 unreserved mana. Also, Auxium's mana leech doesn't exactly help since you have a low maximum mana pool and with the way mana leech works, the more mana you have = the more mana you leech, which is why the passive Mind Drinker is all you need.

I use Auxium because I don't have dream fragments and the belt is a massive ES/mana boost.

What I'd recommend to people without Auxium is to run dream fragments with a rustic sash.
Hardcore Harbinger
Last edited by singhjay on Aug 17, 2013, 2:54:35 PM
Hello, I recently RIP'd on my CI ranger and I was looking to try something new. I'm curious about early game and how you progressed. Thanks!
IGN: RollPower
"
IKEAMASTER wrote:
Hello, I recently RIP'd on my CI ranger and I was looking to try something new. I'm curious about early game and how you progressed. Thanks!

You could use double strike/melee splash or split arrow/rain of arrows.

It might even be better to go ice nova at first, ele cleave, ele wander, then when you're ready, go phys wander in that order.

What I personally did was progress as a phys wander which was stupid. Looking back, I should have progressed as an ele wander.

These were the wands I used and it was alright, but extremely slow until I got elder power:

Spoiler

You'll have to respec out of life nodes when you go CI (obviously) and use about 8-12 regrets.

Also, pure ES gear is all you honestly need once you spec into a phys wander. Grace and determination will do you great once you get IR until you can get hybrid gear (which isn't all that necessary, just a great boost in effective ES).

Oh, they buffed the phys damage in cruel from 12% to 18% so you might want to consider grabbing that as well. It's up to you though whether if you want the extra passive point or not.
Hardcore Harbinger
Last edited by singhjay on Aug 17, 2013, 3:52:54 PM
Ok cool, and sorry for asking so many questions but how did you progress in your skill tree?
IGN: RollPower
"
IKEAMASTER wrote:
Ok cool, and sorry for asking so many questions but how did you progress in your skill tree?

No problem, that's why I made this guide.

Now that I look at it, you could stay freezing pulse/split arrow/roa since projectile damage helps out a lot until you do more damage as a phys wander while leveling up power siphon and other gems, but this is a bit overkill. May or may not lead you in the right direction.

You want at least 3K ES with CI before progressing onto act 3 in merc and obviously use blood rage and carnage heart together.
Hardcore Harbinger
Last edited by singhjay on Aug 17, 2013, 3:51:39 PM
you think this is the best route for ranger?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, it is that we are powerful beyond measure.
Hardcore Harbinger
Last edited by singhjay on Aug 18, 2013, 1:18:43 AM
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, it is that we are powerful beyond measure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info