0.11.4 Patch Notes

I read nothing about desync issues ?
"
Deize wrote:
"
t_golgari wrote:
"
Deize wrote:

This is about game balance, CI >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> life. CI beats any life build 100% now. Why would I play like Life based RoA build where I can get around 17-18K DPS, after these changes propably around 13-15k, with 7,5K Life when I can go Shavronnes dual totem spark/EK with 3xDPS same survivability. Or any CI build with 2xDPS same survivability?

Because, maybe, and I really mean maybe, someone wants to play a character he himself thought about, planned and did not look up on the forums. Because maybe somebody wants to play a certain skillgem and does not care if its the "best" character possible? I for myself would only want to play one CI character (I am currently not far enough in the game to already have one), bacuase I want difference in look and feel of my characters.

You people need to be satisfied with 90% again, instead of crying that somebody else might have 91%.
I don't care about other characters (and You shouldn't, either), as long as there are a lot of viable options (and there are), I dont care if mine is not the absolute mathematically best one.

Have you ever played 74+ maps? Specially in HC or Onslaught. If not, you don't what your talking about.

is this your answer to everything, parrot? The game should allow bugs to remain because of some temporary map system's 'difficulty' while we are waiting for further content?

Whats the big fuss about reserving an extra 400 life on a kaoms build anyway? Do you suck that bad?
Last edited by Litheum on Aug 18, 2013, 11:09:18 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

This specific fix applies when re-applying an aura as you enter an area (including, but not limited to, leaving town). We are actively looking to find good ways to apply these at the time of changes, as appropriate, which would fix the problem where leveling an aura gem doesn't change the aura if it's on you at the time - now it'll update when you change areas, we'd like that (and other changes such as removing gear or supports that affect the aura) to apply to the active aura when the change is made as well.

Can't wait for posts about low-life builds using reduced mana BM auras who remove there reduced mana gem in town, leave, and die. Will be as much fun as "my skillz do no damage", "I died using Blood Magic" and "I died with ES" threads.
"
Ryouko wrote:
lol did you still play diablo 3? i just did some research and it was fixed this year in feb or so. let me guess u were one of the ww barbs :P iirc monks were rly bad and had to rely on that "exploit" but anyways who cares about diablo 3 now.

this discussion leads to nothing ~.~ if u were one of the people that needed the extra aura u would have reacted differently. Sure u will say: > nah i never would have played a build that relies on an "exploit". <
But u cannot deny that this patch will destroy at least some of the build diversity. items like malachai's and the covenant are kinda useless now. if there were good builds that use them as they were intended they had been found long ago.
I can only think of some hybrid caster life/ES build using malachai's. but the pros would never surpass the cons :/

I still play it from time to time, though right now it usually only amounts to an hour or two a week. Just enough to give me a change of pace and a breather so I don't get bored doing one game all the time.

No, I'm not a Barbarian, nor am I on the Barbarian bandwagon that's ERMAGERD WHIRLWIND RUN LIKE THE WIND WRATH OF THE BERSERKER. My primary is and always has been a Monk, also one that isn't ERMAGERD FISTS OF THUNDER SWEEPING WIND CONVICTION. I like being different than everyone else because it makes me stand out from the crowd. This way instead of them going "yawn, another character that uses the same setup as someone else, pass", they're more likely to be "ooh, this could be interesting".

As far as my reaction to the bug fix, let's just put it this way: I refuse to build my character around an exploit, because exploits will always get fixed in time, and when that fix happens, there goes my build. Not to mention my main character would be impossible to be effective without Blood Magic unless I severely handicapped his damage, and that's not something I ever intend on doing.
You all sound like politicians with your horrible usage of the English language.

There is no "building characters around exploits" going on here. Show me one possible character set up that wouldn't be better with either more hp, or an extra % aura. You act as if this is something that everyone can't benefit from, like your build is just superior.

I can do Dunes all day without needing an extra buff. Hell I can do Crema without it, it just makes the game slower since EK was already needlessly nerf (it's damage is pathetic now? GGG doesn't seem to care? good game.) Are we complaining about convenience? Yea, mostly we are, but the reality of the situation still exists.

Life based characters will be hurt by this more than ES characters, especially at the highest gear levels. This is not good game design.
Last edited by Slider13 on Aug 18, 2013, 12:10:39 PM
"
Slider13 wrote:
You all sound like politicians with your horrible usage of the English language.

There is no "building characters around exploits" going on here. Show me one possible character set up that wouldn't be better with either more hp, or an extra % aura. You act as if this is something that everyone can't benefit from, like your build is just superior.

I can do Dunes all day without needing an extra buff. Hell I can do Crema without it, it just makes the game slower since EK was already needlessly nerf (it's damage is pathetic now? GGG doesn't seem to care? good game.) Are we complaining about convenience? Yea, mostly we are, but the reality of the situation still exists.

Life based characters will be hurt by this more than ES characters, especially at the highest gear levels. This is not good game design.

And why would GGG care about good game design ?

As long as they get $$ they dont have to care about anything man.

You either accept it and play the game as is or wait for "better times" and move on.

I played d3 for 1 month , the developer didnt care so i moved to Poe.

I'm still on the fence with PoE, im playin and waitin how the game evolves.
IGN : Sir_Big
Putting my Life build characters in HC up on the shelf till something remotely positive happens to life builds because entering maps in this current state will just be suicide w/o a koams, Guess ill jump on the band wagon, roll a CI character or just wait till leagues End on oct 8 and start a new...
IGN: Blackroset
Last edited by Dunnzo on Aug 18, 2013, 1:14:43 PM
If you jump on the CI bandwagon now you're gona have a bad time.
As more and more people go there and sooner it will be rebalanced (nerfed) to life levels.
Or the opposite... maybe ,, let's cross fingers.
"
fraz81 wrote:
If you jump on the CI bandwagon now you're gona have a bad time.
As more and more people go there and sooner it will be rebalanced (nerfed) to life levels.
Or the opposite... maybe ,, let's cross fingers.

people are already there. during several days of play almost-non-stop i see a clear trend on trade chat: WTB CI gear. vaal regalias, cicrclets, EShields. nothing else sels.. for several days i wait for a good AR/EV chest to appear in the chat and.. nothing. but one can literally swim in ES chests.
people are already there. and im joining them soon enough, im fed up with playing the underdog because GGG decided it is fun to not nerf broken item and while trying to rebalance entire game around them FAILED BADLY with 'melee patch' that butchered life and hardly fixed melee.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info