0.9.12d Patch Notes

Great job, keep up the good work, now how long till Open Beta?? :P
So I'm still wondering what the alch situation is now. Since the change introducing new prefix/suffix names for rares, are alchs tougher to get now?
"
BaggerX wrote:
So I'm still wondering what the alch situation is now. Since the change introducing new prefix/suffix names for rares, are alchs tougher to get now?

Extremely. I have 20 "mule" chars filled with Chest/Head/Gloves/Boots as well as 6-7 full stash tabs and I have ZERO matches. I may have to collect only Head/Chest from now on.

Speeking of which, is anyone else noticing the Chromatic Orb recipe being harder to get now? I found maybe 3 such items in the wild during the 6 or so hours I played today and maybe 2 bought from Vendor. That seems much lower than before though it may just be the RNG screwing me over.
i have currently 7 or 8 tabs filled with weapons and another 5 with armor,only one pair is matched for alchemy orb,i can also make 5 chaos orbs

before patch i made 4 regal orbs out of 4 tabs so it was nerfed to the point where you either buy a lot of tabs or just give up
some of my IGNs:

EKDDtemplar/DualTotemSparkfotm/jesusbestjewever/EverhardDick/SilSol/SilSol_eight/SilSol_seven/
SilSol_ten/FiretemplarwithAA/JesusFacebreaker/SilSol_three/SilSol_two/grumpycatbestgodever
"
Dashtun wrote:
i have currently 7 or 8 tabs filled with weapons and another 5 with armor,only one pair is matched for alchemy orb,i can also make 5 chaos orbs

before patch i made 4 regal orbs out of 4 tabs so it was nerfed to the point where you either buy a lot of tabs or just give up

So basically the alchemy orb recipe has been rendered practically useless. Was that really necessary? Why even have these recipes if they're going to make them so retarded difficult to use?
"
BaggerX wrote:
So basically the alchemy orb recipe has been rendered practically useless. Was that really necessary? Why even have these recipes if they're going to make them so retarded difficult to use?

Look at the Orb of Chance Recipe, the Divine Orb Recipe, and the Regal Recipe 2. How often did you make those? Oh, never? That's what I thought.

There's no problem with having difficult to use recipes for expensive orbs. The Alch/Regal Orb recipe was frankly becoming very broken. I got to the point where I personally considered Regals to be worthless, and would use them more commonly than Chaos Orbs. However, the item rarity would suggest differently.

Also, there was a very long thread about the Alch/Regal recipe being Pay to Win. The devs have taken an adamant stance against P2W in this game, and making this change was necessary to make that so. With the 3rd party app, PoE Helper, as a practical requirement to do alch/regal checking, players were becoming required to both buy more stash tabs and use a 3rd party tool to stay competitive economically in this game. That is certainly against the devs' vision for the game, and as such, I think this was a necessary and good change.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
I'll smash your nose with 20 Alterations before I'll sell them for 1 lousy Chaos. 16:1. No questions.
"
Shippal wrote:
"
BaggerX wrote:

Look at the Orb of Chance Recipe, the Divine Orb Recipe, and the Regal Recipe 2. How often did you make those? Oh, never? That's what I thought.

There's no problem with having difficult to use recipes for expensive orbs. The Alch/Regal Orb recipe was frankly becoming very broken. I got to the point where I personally considered Regals to be worthless, and would use them more commonly than Chaos Orbs. However, the item rarity would suggest differently.

Also, there was a very long thread about the Alch/Regal recipe being Pay to Win. The devs have taken an adamant stance against P2W in this game, and making this change was necessary to make that so. With the 3rd party app, PoE Helper, as a practical requirement to do alch/regal checking, players were becoming required to both buy more stash tabs and use a 3rd party tool to stay competitive economically in this game. That is certainly against the devs' vision for the game, and as such, I think this was a necessary and good change.

Just seems like this will add dramatically to the grind, since you won't be able to just alch good whites when you find them, as that will be far too expensive. If they don't want to have a useful recipe, and like the others you mentioned, there's a word for those recipes that don't get used... useless, then they need to increase the drop rate for alchs.
I'm going to come off like a snarky piece of crap but...

Doubling the drops on chisels from .0000001 to .0000002 didn't seem to do much that I can tell. I've found 3 chisels so far.

In comparison I've found 20+ Glassblowers
100+ armourer's scraps
50+ Blacksmith Whetstones

Who knows how many chromatics, but lets say at least 25 since I use them all the time.

10+ fusings
25+ jewelers.

Shouldnt chisels at least be on par with fusings?

In speaking with 5 other players in the top 20 in the current one week our drop rates are:

I realize anecdotal is anecdotal, but it to me seems like nothing has changed in regards to this. If we truly need chisels to make the end game grind work, I don't see how its possible right now.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
I guess your point remains valid, nontheless I want to add that the droprate did increase quite a bit. I found 5 chisels during the 1 week race now while getting to lvl60. That is definitely more than I used to find and they start to drop earlier too if I am not mistaken.

But yeah, they still probably need to become a bit more common.
*tear* I'll miss you Shore Encampment. You're still the same but the identity change will linger in our hearts for a while.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info