Item Indexer / Search Tool / Shop Generator - php/sqlite3

Item Indexer / Search Tool / Shop Generator based on PHP5/SQLite3

NEW: SHOP GENERATOR
Today's addition to my item indexer / search tool is a generator that lets you generate output from the database that you can put directly into the POE Forum. That way you can easily update your item shop. It'll also auto-generate the different categories.

Nexty item types I also made a few more categories: 6L, 5L, 6S and MF Gear.

See the example here:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/864735

Notice: the notable entry was manually added, the rest is just autogenerated.

If you already use the tool, there are three new config options to be added to the script header and the db must be updated again.

Goal

Have you ever had the problem that you were looking for something specific and because you're a true support of GGG you bought a gazillion extra stash tabs and have as many different characters? Well, probably you have and it's a pain to search for something specific.

E.g. you exchange just now some gear and lack resistance and have 3 stash tabs full of rings. Which one to pick? Hovering over each one is tiresome... you need a simple comparison.

Solution

Because those things happen to me all the time, I just wrote myself a little inventory / stash indexer. It's all written in PHP, incorporates some JS (JQuery and JQueryUI from official Google CDN).

Requirements:

- Webspace with PHP5 and SQLite (with FTS support)
- About 1-2 MB Diskspace (depending on your items and stashes and amount of characters)

Features

Currently it has following features:

- it grabs full item lists from the PoE websites so that categories like "Bow, Currency, ..." are properly classified
- it grabs the inventory of all your chars (only inventory, not the things you wear)
- it grabs all your stash tabs
- it does it for all leagues and filters items accordingly
- it has a fulltext search for item names and mods
- it lists stacksizes
- it shows amount of sockets and links
- it shows where the item is found (what stash, what location)
- it lets you filter for level range
- it shows you if the current required level for an item is because of a socketed gem inside
- once the db is filled, the search is fast
- you have full access to the script source and the few extern JS libraries are official Google CDN hosting - so it's safe

What does it not do:

- it won't show the actual item level of an item
- it's just a hack right now
- SQL injections or other abuse is possbile - protection of the script is your "problem"

How to setup

The setup is really simple:

1. Grab the script from http://poe.roleplayer.org/poe.txt
2. Edit it to fill in your username and password for PoE
3. Upload it to your webspace (it doesn't need to be named index.php)
4. Call the script in the browser
5. Click the "Create/Update Items-DB" tab and give it a little while
6. Once it's done fetching all info, it will give an output of chars and stash tabs found

Demo

There's a demo at my place: http://poe.roleplayer.org/poe.php
Last edited by hyper_ch on Mar 29, 2014, 2:04:26 PM
Thanks hyper_ch for sharing the script. I didn't tested it but it looks like a tool that will save some time for me at some point.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
Just added link to a demo.
And had to fix the ajax link... still hardcoded :)
Updated pastebin link for new version.

New version also shows the links on an item and required level and lets you filter your search by min/max level.
This looks very handy, thanks for sharing!
So, just another major update. I hope you like it.
Just fixed another few bugs with stacksize and some items being marked as skill gems.
Just another few small fixes and optimizations.
"
hyper_ch wrote:
Requirements:

- Webspace with PHP5 and SQLite

Just an idea: what happens on use with a local webserver? Shouldnt be a problem, or am I wrong?
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info