Inter-season races including 24 hour Descent

is the new patch still comin this week ?
You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.
Didn't expect my earlier comment to generate a bit of discussion!

In any case, I posted without reading properly, leaped without looking, and didn't read that the races were Descent.

24-hours makes sense now :) Heck, I might even join for the fun of it. I tried my first and only Descent 2 weeks ago and it was... Tasty. I wasn't expecting that.
24h descent... does that mean i can log off and continue later? :P
Love the idea of 24 hour descent race. It means a casual player like myself can put a couple of hours in and get a little further into it.
Looking forward to the next patch to GGG. Thanks for all the work, love this game.
PollyAnarchy (anarchy) Lootdonkey (Standard) Pictishpunk (Hardcore)
"
Redblade wrote:
"
Varakkys wrote:
I enjoy the whole racing concept and hate to be a Debbie Downer, but don't you think the points system is completely out of whack? I mean getting in the top 100 is pretty hardcore, yet there's over 1200 points difference between position 1 and 100 - that's almost 600%.

Not to mention the near impossibility to reach the 1000 point reward, something I view as a reward for participating and doing reasonably well.

If we assume that a player finishes in the top level bracket for each race he participates in and is top 20-11 of he's class while not dying in any race, this would reward him with 8 points per race.

To achieve 1000 points he would have to participate in 125 races out of 160 (leaving out the 1 week) and spend 186.7 hours racing if we assume 90 minutes on average per race. Not only would this mean he would have to do all the races in he's own time zone but he would have to cover another as well.

As you say, I like the concept of races but the point system and it's rewards leave something to be desired.

I disagree. the top few prizes tiers are not something for everyone to expect to get; they're to give pro-gamers and unemployed POE junkies who can play most of the races goals to keep playing for other than just bragging rights over who's number one for the season.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
"
Summoner wrote:
"
Redblade wrote:
"
Varakkys wrote:
I enjoy the whole racing concept and hate to be a Debbie Downer, but don't you think the points system is completely out of whack? I mean getting in the top 100 is pretty hardcore, yet there's over 1200 points difference between position 1 and 100 - that's almost 600%.

Not to mention the near impossibility to reach the 1000 point reward, something I view as a reward for participating and doing reasonably well.

If we assume that a player finishes in the top level bracket for each race he participates in and is top 20-11 of he's class while not dying in any race, this would reward him with 8 points per race.

To achieve 1000 points he would have to participate in 125 races out of 160 (leaving out the 1 week) and spend 186.7 hours racing if we assume 90 minutes on average per race. Not only would this mean he would have to do all the races in he's own time zone but he would have to cover another as well.

As you say, I like the concept of races but the point system and it's rewards leave something to be desired.

I disagree. the top few prizes tiers are not something for everyone to expect to get; they're to give pro-gamers and unemployed POE junkies who can play most of the races goals to keep playing for other than just bragging rights over who's number one for the season.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd love to hear from any of the racers who achieved 1000+ points (500+ points?) and that they give a crap about any rewards besides the place on the leader board and maybe the Demi's.
"
Summoner wrote:
"
Redblade wrote:
"
Varakkys wrote:

Silly me thinking the Demigods and the unique flavor text Demigods served this purpose...

And I'm not advocating everyone being able to get a 1000p with ease, I'm saying it should be in reach if you participate in most races in your time zone without dying and reaching the higher point brackets.

Nor am I trying to deny top players their rewards and recognition they deserve, for all I care they could have given the top 20 an alternate art 6L Searing Touch (random item used to illustrate my point) with special flavor text. Making it an ultra rare item specifically for the best of the best.

This season the alternate art Taryn's is more rare than the flavor text Demigods, if that's intended why not just give the ladder top people a 6L alternate art Taryn's instead of the Demigods to begin with.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Last edited by Redblade on Aug 13, 2013, 9:11:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info