Inter-season races including 24 hour Descent

I enjoy the whole racing concept and hate to be a Debbie Downer, but don't you think the points system is completely out of whack? I mean getting in the top 100 is pretty hardcore, yet there's over 1200 points difference between position 1 and 100 - that's almost 600%.
"
exorzist wrote:
some idiot streamers are already totally carelss about their lifes and health and do stream more than 24 straight. sometimes even more than that.

GGG still supporting this lifestyle is just bad. they should "care" for their players.

i'm just waiting for the first reallife death because of these races ... and it sure will happen sooner or later ...

if not PoE, they could do it with some other game. In the end, it's the responsibility of the individual players to be...responsible. A company that makes beer can't be held responsible for drunk drivers.

As for the long Descent race, I'm pretty sure that the duration is to remove the ceiling effect, allowing anyone who is skillful enough to complete the entire Descent knowing that there is definitely enough time. Meaning, in reality, it will not take nearly that long.
"
fraz81 wrote:
i think most of the people dont do races and most of us dont care.
Maybe i'm wrong.

If that's true, then there are a TON of people playing PoE, given the racer numbers GGG posted last week.

I raced quite a bit in Season 2, but GGG drastically reduced the number of races available to US East timezone players (well, those who have 8-5 jobs, anyway) in Season 3, so I dropped from 260 to 80 points. Give it a try; can be a lot of fun.

Thank you as always for the update, Chris.

- Two-week gap between Season 3 and Season 4? Nice. Verrrryyyy nice.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
awesome stuff, looking forward to the 24 hour bash.

regarding chest armour, i wasnt expecting the full works either. But I am really excited about seeing the full sets in game, esp the astral plate as atm its ewwww but its such a powerful base armour, you want it to look like one.

regarding duelist, you cant really buff the other skills cause theyre balanced in the full game. Maybe just give him a sword, shield and double strike rather than cleave etc? I dunno.

Yeah man... Astral looks really shitty i agree! I'll often choose a glorious over an astral just because of the look! (Regardless of whether its better for me or not) haha
IGN: TitanVaolox

This is interesting.
If I can stop myself from dying over and over in hardcore / ons , I could be tempted to join some more of these.
"
TheuberClips wrote:
"
exorzist wrote:
some idiot streamers are already totally carelss about their lifes and health and do stream more than 24 straight. sometimes even more than that.

GGG still supporting this lifestyle is just bad. they should "care" for their players.

i'm just waiting for the first reallife death because of these races ... and it sure will happen sooner or later ...

Um, no. It's not like theres races 24/7 or you can't die in races. There's always breaks in races.

Besides that theres gotta be breaks because they have to be able to patch at some point.

I hope your post was a troll.

Just look at his post history.
Antagonizing is his thing and he does so 24/7.

Hope he takes a break sometimes, else it could harm his health.
"
Varakkys wrote:
I enjoy the whole racing concept and hate to be a Debbie Downer, but don't you think the points system is completely out of whack? I mean getting in the top 100 is pretty hardcore, yet there's over 1200 points difference between position 1 and 100 - that's almost 600%.

Not to mention the near impossibility to reach the 1000 point reward, something I view as a reward for participating and doing reasonably well.

If we assume that a player finishes in the top level bracket for each race he participates in and is top 20-11 of he's class while not dying in any race, this would reward him with 8 points per race.

To achieve 1000 points he would have to participate in 125 races out of 160 (leaving out the 1 week) and spend 186.7 hours racing if we assume 90 minutes on average per race. Not only would this mean he would have to do all the races in he's own time zone but he would have to cover another as well.

As you say, I like the concept of races but the point system and it's rewards leave something to be desired.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
Chris wrote:

There's also a 24 hour Descent even that will give everyone a chance to see later levels if they're careful!

I'm sure you meant, if they wont desync or die because fps lag.
Last edited by ThePassenger on Aug 12, 2013, 7:54:05 AM
Patch? Reave? I'm sharpening my claw....

"
loCurnus wrote:
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info