Arctic Breath

"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
So, would "Exploding" actually be a way for a projectile to continue, and thus a potential support gem?
No, a projectile which explodes no longer exists. It exploded. The explosion is the destruction of the projectile.
"
Scully wrote:
This spell makes my game drop lots of frames everytime I cast it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Lo13SBPBkUs#t=32s

This is my totem casting arctic breath with lesser projectiles attached (note, it lags even if cast without lesser proj.) I usually have 60-90 fps on lowest graphics settings, but that skill makes my frames drop to 0-5 fps. After a few seconds of sustained casting however, frame goes back up.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
So, would "Exploding" actually be a way for a projectile to continue, and thus a potential support gem?
No, a projectile which explodes no longer exists. It exploded. The explosion is the destruction of the projectile.

That's what I meant.
If a projectile, instead of just plain boring disappearing, can also pierce, fork, or chain, then exploding is another potential option of this projectile.
And could potentially end up in a support that adds AOE to attacks.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Exploding is the other thing that a projectile can do when it hits something, but by definition it is not "a way for a projectile to continue". Pierce, Fork and Chain are ways for a projectile to continue, exploding is the only other option, and is the way for it to not continue.

Projectiles already technically explode, but only some of them cause AoE damage when they do.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Dec 10, 2012, 5:09:26 PM
So if there was a support gem that added AOE to a projectile attack, it would automatically only work if it doesn't pierce or fork, etc?
Just interested in the mechanics.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Arctic Breather + Greater Mult Projectile + Remote Mine.

Lay down five traps, detonate, crash party. Very fun spell graphically! Take note and alter fireball and spark. The effect on this spell has some real UMPH behind it :D
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
So if there was a support gem that added AOE to a projectile attack, it would automatically only work if it doesn't pierce or fork, etc?
Just interested in the mechanics.
It would depend entirely on how that support gem was implemented. There's just as much room for 'AoE on projectile hit' as 'AoE on Projectile Explosion'.

Leaving aside the huge problems with implementation that are present for both, of course :P
"
Scully wrote:
"
Scully wrote:

This is my totem casting arctic breath with lesser projectiles attached (note, it lags even if cast without lesser proj.) I usually have 60-90 fps on lowest graphics settings, but that skill makes my frames drop to 0-5 fps. After a few seconds of sustained casting however, frame goes back up.

The problem was "fixed" by going to windowed fullscreen. Now it drops from 100, to 50 fps when I cast it.
"
Scully wrote:
"
Scully wrote:
"
Scully wrote:

The problem was "fixed" by going to windowed fullscreen. Now it drops from 100, to 50 fps when I cast it.

I didnt have fraps on or anything so I couldnt tell you my FPS but I play in fullscreen windowed mode and I can say with LMP attached to spell totem casting 2 of them where giving me no problem. Keep in mind I'm a level 35 Totem Templar with virtually no increased cast speed either on gear or talents except for the single one early on in the Templar starting area. So I may not be a great test for the lag issues. But as of now, I have none in that mode.
They really need to redo the effect for this skill if people have to play in window mode to make the game playable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info