Arctic Breath

"
zharmad wrote:
That's interesting, in my tests I separate the ground ice from the head projectile via firing it through ice walls. The ground ice after the pierce definitely does damage. It seems to me that the ground ice is the bulk of the projectile and the skull just a visual ornament?
No, you're just somehow causing a bug where the projectile (the skull) appears to be destroyed on your client, but still exists on the server, and continues dropping ice. I will investigate when I have time. Are you doing anything special to cause this, other than Ice Wall?
"
RudBoy1018 wrote:
I dont understand why it needs Dex should just be Int.

Cold damage, especially when used as a snaring tool, is part of the Dex side of the tree; being faster than your opponent involves more than just making yourself faster.
I played with a witch last night that was using arctic breath on a totem. Once linked with chain, this combination becomes truly amazing. Id take an AB - chain totem over ice spear for sure after seeing this in action.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
zharmad wrote:
That's interesting, in my tests I separate the ground ice from the head projectile via firing it through ice walls. The ground ice after the pierce definitely does damage. It seems to me that the ground ice is the bulk of the projectile and the skull just a visual ornament?
No, you're just somehow causing a bug where the projectile (the skull) appears to be destroyed on your client, but still exists on the server, and continues dropping ice. I will investigate when I have time. Are you doing anything special to cause this, other than Ice Wall?

No... I tried this with and without LMP, with no increased duration. I could cast it as fast as the cast speed, which would still allow the ground ice to go through depending on the angle, curiously, if I remember correctly. The last alpha wipe removed that chain gem, so I won't be able to confirm again for now.
I tried this skill with my level 40 AOE templar, and it seemed very promising. I'm making a new character right now to focus on it.

Does anyone what what are the dex requirements for it at high levels?
At level 14 it has a 46 Dex requirement. I use this for some nice AoE damage with LMP, works great, but doesn't do a whole lot of damage. I also use Ice spear and freezing pulse both of which do more damage then arctic breath, but artic breath has the ground ice which is really nice.
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
Have one more question. I just found out that fireball only does AOE when it expires, and doesn't do any when it pierces. Is it the same for Arctic Breath? What about with other supports like chain and fork?
This spell makes my game drop lots of frames everytime I cast it.
Last edited by Scully on Dec 9, 2012, 4:58:18 PM
"
MagpieMcGraw wrote:
Have one more question. I just found out that fireball only does AOE when it expires, and doesn't do any when it pierces. Is it the same for Arctic Breath? What about with other supports like chain and fork?
Yes. Fireballa nd Arctic Breath both only do AoE when the projectile explodes, not when it passes through things.

Chain, Fork and Pierce all work identically for effects happening on the affected target. All three are ways for a projectile to move through a target without exploding.
So, would "Exploding" actually be a way for a projectile to continue, and thus a potential support gem?
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info