Build of the Week Video #10

"
wiggin wrote:
Yeah the spell damage shouldn't have been mentioned, it is quite confusing. Also the critical chance from gear part is a bit confusing (the 34% bonus applied to base wand critical rate and further modified by the amulet).

The build, however, is quite interesting. It seems like a shadow would do better, though.

I'm already working on this character as a shadow, i was a little sad that they had to make this video, just because i was hoping to feel cool and original for a little bit longer.
Pretty straigth forward build. It might have been better to start as a shadow though.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
can we get the link to the skill tree? :O
When you mentioned the build using Elemental Weakness instead of Critical Weakness, are you implying that CW will be rebalanced in the future?

With very high critical chance I don't find CW useful to put on top of it, especially with my Shadow - crits pop often enough and the damage multiplier means that most things will die quite quickly, so the benefit isn't that much. I prefer to use a Temporal Chains totem to slow the enemies before they can reach my fragile character and use Lightning Strike for most mobs.
"
When you mentioned the build using Elemental Weakness instead of Critical Weakness, are you implying that CW will be rebalanced in the future?

With very high critical chance I don't find CW useful to put on top of it, especially with my Shadow - crits pop often enough and the damage multiplier means that most things will die quite quickly, so the benefit isn't that much. I prefer to use a Temporal Chains totem to slow the enemies before they can reach my fragile character and use Lightning Strike for most mobs.

Well he explicitly said in the vid that in this case they have to look at CW, so i would say that it will get rebalanced ;)

Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
_Another_ witch build of the week? It's certainly an interesting build but the proportion of witches and marauders to the other classes in these videos makes me wonder if the classes are all equally flexible. That or Chris just hates Shadows. ;-)
"
_Another_ witch build of the week? It's certainly an interesting build but the proportion of witches and marauders to the other classes in these videos makes me wonder if the classes are all equally flexible. That or Chris just hates Shadows. ;-)
I'm no expert or anything but I'm guessing instead of picking a class and asking "how do I make this good?" they're picking concepts and asking "what class would help make this concept work?" which is how there's a Marauder shooting wands in one vid.
"
VolcanoElixir wrote:
"
I'm no expert or anything but I'm guessing instead of picking a class and asking "how do I make this good?" they're picking concepts and asking "what class would help make this concept work?" which is how there's a Marauder shooting wands in one vid.

My poor wand-slinging discharge spec'd ranger is sad and lonely :(
Zaviel the Chaos-Spark Mage
Once you drink from the well of absolute power there is no turning back.

Geomancers Unite! - Adding Elemental Earth
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/50177
Yay my build made the spotlight. I didnt pick a shadow since he was a witch before 0.9.11 hit.
Generally, the path to all the critical strike nodes are about the same, but there's better mana regen and ES bonus around the witch area

I choose elemental weakness over critical weakness since its much more effective vs enemy with resist. And if not i'm already 1 hit everything.

Edit:
"
Clock_Keeper wrote:
It's missing all the wand damage boosts and I don't think Elemental Hit, as an attack-based skill, works with spell damage, so why mention the wand adds spell damage?

I'm also not completely behind the elemental damage boosts, what with how much travel was needed for both of them, and EH only using one element at a time.

Spell dmg and physical damage is completely ignored in my build. I have no idea why Chris mention that. Also that's why I take no wand passive.

The 2 elemental dmg cluster is taken since its in close proximiy with the critical chance cluster. The build, first and foremost, focus on critical strike, then dmg then defense
Unviable build tester.
Fuse mechanics:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/21503
95% Crit Build Without Charges [0.10.1c]:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172438
Last edited by Progammer on Sep 9, 2012, 2:38:00 PM
Aww damn... I didn't think you guys —GGG/Chris/whoever— would choose such a relatively basic/oldish build (no offense progammer, it's still a good build), as well as one which was kinda already featured I thought? (maybe my memory is wrong)

Personally I thought my build was a bit better than this one (but I didn't post it! so I guess I can't really complain lol)
It's the same style build, but it focuses more on added elemental damage and power charges than critical chance passives (since they're more efficient), and health and evasion with Eldritch battery instead of Clairity and energy shield. With Eldritch battery, the charcter can run tons of auras (+ES Discipline, +evasion Grace, +lightning damage Wrath, + fire damage Anger, tempest shield (looks cool, extra block), optional +mana regen Clairity), and they all get buffed from Inner Force.

The more unique thing about the build is that it gets Elemental Equilibrium, some shock passives, and Inner Force.

|| Link to skill tree ||

Pertinent Equipment (a ring and amulet could be [easily] improved. Maligaro's virtosity doesn't really give better DPS surprisingly):
Spoiler

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Note the lack of all cold damage. This is really critical for Elemental Equilibrium. All cold damage allies get a HUGE boost to damage on everything this character attacks due to -50% cold resist. Chances are the target will also be shocked for even more damage.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Sep 9, 2012, 7:20:15 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info