[1.0.5] - Lvl 100 - Blastrophe's LA / Frenzy Life Based Crit Ranger w Video (Lioneyes or Voltaxic)

"
drakebot wrote:
How does your power chargeing work ( noob here ) In your video's I never saw you cast ice spear to get power charges and its not linked with a cast on damage taken or something that auto triggers it. Help please!

I agree....his charges are going off like mad and I don't understand it at all. Also my damage (albeit with lesser gear) is drastically lower than his stated damage....makes me think this build was nerfed or something.

*edit*
Found out why on he had power charge crit on his LA skill....which seems like a great idea if it still works, I almost want to replace with the critical gem for frenzy to bypass charge problems I face. Personally would love to stop using one skill to only focus on two lol. My dps is really low atm with LA at only 600 (unbuffed/frenzy)...I feel like a weak link in groups but solo I can hold my own. I know I must be missing something here...just not sure what. I'm waiting to get my 4L helm to do the power crit setup...atm I'm just using frenzy which I know is part of my problem.

Still not sure on damage....her is my gear any advice? I'm in the process of upgrading belt,helm,and gloves. My crit sits at like 28% atm with 3k health.
Spoiler

Also I must ask how do you handle doing 3 charges like that? I find it so hard to keep frenzy and warcry going let alone a third one.

I will admit this build is better than my other builds as I can do 66-70 maps but it's not near as powerful as your current character....although I don't have 300ex to buy that gear either hahaha. My LA seems really low damage wise...even with frenzy it's not even over 1000 dps.

*edit*
Alright so I see the issue with power on crit being on frenzy....almost impossible to keep going unless you only use it or have high base crit to begin with. If I can ever afford a 6L bow/body armor then I will add it to LA as it's my primary spam attack. Least I understand now why you use glacial spike the way you do. I still don't understand why my damage is so utterly low in comparison though (I know it's gear but the damage doesn't match up...I'm missing something :/ )
Last edited by Therian on Jan 19, 2014, 4:54:56 AM
"
Therian wrote:
"
drakebot wrote:
How does your power chargeing work ( noob here ) In your video's I never saw you cast ice spear to get power charges and its not linked with a cast on damage taken or something that auto triggers it. Help please!

I agree....his charges are going off like mad and I don't understand it at all. Also my damage (albeit with lesser gear) is drastically lower than his stated damage....makes me think this build was nerfed or something.

*edit*
Found out why on he had power charge crit on his LA skill....which seems like a great idea if it still works, I almost want to replace with the critical gem for frenzy to bypass charge problems I face. Personally would love to stop using one skill to only focus on two lol. My dps is really low atm with LA at only 600 (unbuffed/frenzy)...I feel like a weak link in groups but solo I can hold my own. I know I must be missing something here...just not sure what. I'm waiting to get my 4L helm to do the power crit setup...atm I'm just using frenzy which I know is part of my problem.

Still not sure on damage....her is my gear any advice? I'm in the process of upgrading belt,helm,and gloves. My crit sits at like 28% atm with 3k health.
Spoiler

Also I must ask how do you handle doing 3 charges like that? I find it so hard to keep frenzy and warcry going let alone a third one.

I will admit this build is better than my other builds as I can do 66-70 maps but it's not near as powerful as your current character....although I don't have 300ex to buy that gear either hahaha. My LA seems really low damage wise...even with frenzy it's not even over 1000 dps.

*edit*
Alright so I see the issue with power on crit being on frenzy....almost impossible to keep going unless you only use it or have high base crit to begin with. If I can ever afford a 6L bow/body armor then I will add it to LA as it's my primary spam attack. Least I understand now why you use glacial spike the way you do. I still don't understand why my damage is so utterly low in comparison though (I know it's gear but the damage doesn't match up...I'm missing something :/ )

You need a better bow and a quiver with more crit multi.
Shadow LA/Frenzy Crit Guide : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/470867 || Best Life Belt on PoE for Mirror : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/521100
IGN : Blastrophe
how much AR is needed for a bowie?? (accuracy rating)
One thing I would like to state here is that I started off following this build and have since diverged from it. However, I would like to say that while the build is solid it has 2 major issues I feel. First, the iron reflexes skill is hardly worth it with the minimal amount of evasion you are able to stack in addition to the lack of major %armor or evasion nodes in the build, I have found that taking acrobatics and ondars increases your survivability greatly with almost no downsides. Especially because this build runs blood magic keystone you are unable to run grace and as a result have minimal armor even with iron reflexes (+ your 300+ dex goes completely to waste when you could have over 60% chance to evade normal attacks and 95% [capped] projectile evasion). My second issue was the shear number of points and required to get to the blood magic keystone just so that I could trade out 1 blood magic gem on my gear for a Weapon element damage gem. You can count the points yourself and decide if its worth it or not to you, but personally I have adapted my own build, running an amulet with 6% physical life leech, a godly Harbinger with physical damage rolls to support my added fire, hatred, and physical leech from my amulet and have removed life leech gem from my gear. With the points freed up I was able to grab more life nodes, better dps nodes, and branch up into the scion hp cluster and pick up all the valuable nodes along the way. While I do feel this build has some merit I have to agree with a lot of the posts on this thread saying that its not optimized very well.

P.S. I have run blood magic maps with my current set up and traded out all my blood magic supports for dps gems and it quickly became apparent that I would rather have my auras over 1 more dps gem any day.
Can you please make a post of that alternative changes you've made in the passive skill tree as well as your current gear RayneeDay.
I guess, give me a sec

Edit: Okay made one though I feel advertising in someone else's thread is bad form, I will let people find it on their own.
Last edited by RayneeDay on Jan 25, 2014, 7:31:59 AM
how do you manage to wear 3 auras, if you do not take the reduced mana Passive.

no longer updating this thread seeing as I don't play anymore just know I was and AM the GOAT. I perfected the crit game haters gon hate.
Shadow LA/Frenzy Crit Guide : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/470867 || Best Life Belt on PoE for Mirror : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/521100
IGN : Blastrophe
I think you should still keep updating this guide , seems pretty legit to me , I actually made a shadow and I am trying to use this build, I do pretty good dmg even with worse gear.
Got this build to 88 right now in neme. I use the conduit gloves and have about 22% chance to crit without any charges up. As soon as my gems started to hit 20 and I quality them I noticed a huge improvement in the build, especially the attack speed from LMP and the proj speed on chain. I'm still squishy with 5.7k hp (no kaom's) but I can contribute a lot as conduit and blast down enemies cursed with ele+crit weakness when I duo with my dual curse friend. I also don't use the GMP ice shot as I feel like I get enough power charges from LA. Instead I've got a culling bear trap to help out with getting some rarity out of rares and bosses when we play without MFer. I have pretty much only some crit nodes remaining and I can see how this build can continue to scale up as the levels progress.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info