Chaos Damage protection for Marauder

I am level 59 Marauder playing solo looking for suggestions to improve my Chaos Damage protection.
Ideas will be appreciated.

You have a limited number of options the same as all classes:

There are 2 Resistance Passives above Purity of Essence(Enemies cannot leech Mana from you) for a total of 6%.

The unique item Geofri's Crest, Zealot's Chain Coif offers 18% Chaos Resistance.

I think that's it.
AFAIK chaos resist can be only found on unique items... So the best way to go is probably more life ;)

EDIT: o yes, i forgot those 2 passives mentioned by FaceLicker
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Sep 6, 2012, 12:25:12 PM
Those passives increase the resistance cap, they don't increase the resistances themselves.
Thanks all -- it looks like more life is in order!!
"
Septile wrote:
Those passives increase the resistance cap, they don't increase the resistances themselves.
Haha, whoops. I forgot about that little technicality.
Upgrade your armor quality. They will give you more armor stats, I believe, and Chaos is reduced by armor stats.
"
markshiu wrote:
Upgrade your armor quality. They will give you more armor stats, I believe, and Chaos is reduced by armor stats.

I don't really think chaos damage is affected by your armor. That is why it's chaos and it's so annoying, cause it goes through your energy shield and there are very few ways to resist it.
For my witch it's easy - go for 1 max HP and more shield + 100% chaos resistance. Will maybe try to make some kind of marauder or templar build with that passive too.
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
The vaal sharp shooters attack using a chaos damage projectile spell, in effect, vaal snipers:

Go through evasion rating
Armor
Energy Shield
Block

The only way to reduce their damage is with chaos resistance, spell block, or acrobatics. If you have a low life pool and rely on block/evasion/armor against these foes, you're screwed if you encounter many of them at once. It's why low-life builds are very difficult and why stacking life is way better than stacking other defenses, in most cases.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
They are so evil. The only upside is how flimsy they are. They die quick.

I still think they should fire ranged chaos attacks instead of spells, but maybe that'd make them too easy.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info