My opinion - We need more solo, more turbo, blamt, cuttthroat, etc...

Hi all!

Just wanted to share my opinion.
I'd like to see more hard and more solo races (I never play in party).

It would be perfect if all races were turbo (except the descent ones). There definitely should be MUCH more cutthroat races! More BLAMT or just with hard modes.

12-24 minutes races are not exciting, especially if there's a gap of 3-6 hours between such short one and a normal race. 1-2 hours is a perfect length. Please make much smaller gap.

Rogue races are too easy because rogue exiles are extremely weak and they drop lots of rares. They should be two times harder.

Also I think that the frequency of races in weekends should be doubled as your race schedule doesn't give an opportunity for a normal man with full time job to participate in races every evening. Races start too often too early or too late. I live in GMT +4 zone, so perfect time for the race to start is between 8-12 p.m. GMT+4 for people in this zone.

Thanks for reading and paying attention :)
Last edited by SidleJinks on Aug 6, 2013, 1:45:39 PM
the thing is.. ppl like different things

perfect to me = all normal races no mods.. I hate turbo, descent, especially blamt
also i think 2-3 hour duration is best
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
Last edited by Powster on Aug 6, 2013, 7:12:23 PM
We get a much better response to harder races when they are rare.

When we first ran races like Blamt, they were very popular, so we tried filling the schedule with them. Participation dropped to very low levels. While we do have some racers that will happily play all their races with very hard mods, most people seem to like them as an occasional diversion, with most races being fairly vanilla.

"
SidleJinks wrote:
Hi all!

Just wanted to share my opinion.
I'd like to see more hard and more solo races (I never play in party).

It would be perfect if all races were turbo (except the descent ones). There definitely should be MUCH more cutthroat races! More BLAMT or just with hard modes.

12-24 minutes races are not exciting, especially if there's a gap of 3-6 hours between such short one and a normal race. 1-2 hours is a perfect length. Please make much smaller gap.

Rogue races are too easy because rogue exiles are extremely weak and they drop lots of rares. They should be two times harder.

Also I think that the frequency of races in weekends should be doubled as your race schedule doesn't give an opportunity for a normal man with full time job to participate in races every evening. Races start too often too early or too late. I live in GMT +4 zone, so perfect time for the race to start is between 8-12 p.m. GMT+4 for people in this zone.

Thanks for reading and paying attention :)

I must be your opposite. I like races the shorter the better. The 12-24 minute races are great fun because I don't get fatigued partway through the race. I also like having 1-2 mods at the most. Beyond that it becomes too biased for/against certain classes. Zero mods is fine with me.

If you think races are too easy then just rush faster. My mindset has been that if I'm surviving every time then I'm not pushing myself hard enough. It's gotten me a lot of deaths, but it's also gotten me a couple of top 20 finishes. The difficulty is what you make of it, and apparently you're making it too easy on yourself.

The one thing I agree with you is more solo races. It's too hard to find a team of 6 people for a race. I tried the pub parties, but it was easier going solo than that.
i prefer the shorter races too, anything more than 1 hr is too long.

Would also like to see more demigods being given out. Its a great incentive for me to participate, don't see the need to make it more exclusive when its likely that most of the demigods are won by the same few racers.
"
Qarl wrote:
We get a much better response to harder races when they are rare.

When we first ran races like Blamt, they were very popular, so we tried filling the schedule with them. Participation dropped to very low levels. While we do have some racers that will happily play all their races with very hard mods, most people seem to like them as an occasional diversion, with most races being fairly vanilla.

So you go back and fill the race with normal mode which got critisized back in CB and reduce the overall amount?

It's far more important that you balance the races overall and fill the calender(A shift plan like every slot gets 1 signature event each week, and events of the first 2 slots will be moved tho the 3rd and 4th slot on the next week) or reduce it to 2 races a week during the weekend(back to CB status)

A full calender with many different races means a player can decide when to participate. If you listen to some players who do every race you will fail from the start.

It will be far better if you fill the calender and reward only the best x(so 42 races a week 12-13 races would be a fair amount) results of a race at the end of a week, so even those players won't do all races.

I consider normal lethal playable.
But once it becomes Turbo lethal I consider it as a matter of luck.
Killing Brutus in Turbo lethal will certainly take down several players.

Multishot and Lethal is another ugly combination because Lightningarrows will certainly hit you 5 times and that meanst instantrip.

CT would be far better if you add a warning indicator if a 3+ level higher player(or somebody with a player partied with a 3+ higher level player) entered the map or even better add a heavy exp penalty for killing mobs so players will be forced to kill other players from the beginning.

A request to seperate solo and party results still hasn't been made.
I want them to bring back normal races with no extra difficulty. Making a race stupidly difficult doesn't make it fun. At some point it just becomes pure RNG wether or not you die. If you run into a pack of leapers with stacked anger, wrath, and critical totems, you are basically fucked.

Normal races are fun because you can do a race, learn something, and do it better next time. BLAMT is just a complete shitshow.
More turbo.... More turbo??

I wanna strangle you right now.

12-24 min races are probably the most exciting races in the lineup (not to say they are the best races in the lineup). I usually come away from them with my fingers all pins and needley, though that could be because I'm typically able to stay competitive for the first in class slot in them. If you know you will never win them, then I suppose I could see how they might be a bore.

We need more regular, solo races (and yes cutthroat). After this season I wanna vomit at the sight of the word turbo.
Last edited by boof on Aug 7, 2013, 4:32:39 PM
two other Race typs are in my mind:

A race which start maybe char level 15 in act two. U skill your points into it and start from another place.. not everytime the same Hillok race

A race over a day (or what ecer) but u have 30mins for a run but u can restart again and again with other classes and compet in six "ladders". Or the other way around, u have one day time but yout Merveil kill in the shortest time counts.. u can restart etc.
"
Paranoijaa wrote:
two other Race typs are in my mind:

A race which start maybe char level 15 in act two. U skill your points into it and start from another place.. not everytime the same Hillok race

I hope they implement something like this. Act II would be an especially fun race zone since it's so non-linear. It also means you might see some people in short races actually reach Keystones and use them.

You might need some starting equips though.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Aug 8, 2013, 8:48:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info