Official Blender Post! Lets theory craft for 1.2! 123k Cleave DPS!

"
Isky wrote:
What's the current thoughts with cleave vs cyclone vs dual strike for this build (I think assuming you have ST and don't have mana concerns)? All 3 are definitely viable this go-around.

Cleave and dual strike seem like they can be directly compared. I personally get more damage out of cleave set-up compared to dual strike with this build.

Always hard to compare to cyclone as the numbers are significantly different for cyclone. The one nice thing about cyclone is you can toss in life on hit to give yourself some more survivability, but cyclone is inherently more dangerous as you have to commit a bit more against a pack than with cleave or dual strike.

Would love any thoughts.

With my guide, for reference http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1067465, cleave seems to be superior. Tried them all alot, and cleave seems to be the skill that profits the most from the high aps. Cyclone with high x-y damage and lower attackspeed is far superior over lower x-y but faster attacks.

Between Dual Strike and Cleave I chose cleave for the awesome mtx, inbuilt aoe as well as works extremely well single target too(Where dual strike w/ splash does less damage to main target).
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
I have some questions for you, experienced ones! I need some help with optimising, to make the character as strong as it could be!

Here is my gear:

Helmet:
Spoiler

1st Weapon:
Spoiler

2nd Weapon:
Spoiler

Ring #1:
Spoiler

Ring #2:
Spoiler

Amulet
Spoiler

Gloves:
Spoiler

Boots:
Spoiler

Belt:
Spoiler

Skill Tree:
For now it's like this:

Thanks for help!

BTW, I sometimes use Infernal Blow instead of Cyclone, because it's fun to watch :P Don't mind it!
Last edited by ziumbala on Nov 1, 2014, 5:26:06 PM
How are you able to run 3-4 auras, i can only run 2. Even with reduced mana, i need help!
Your post looks more like a publicity to AXN than a cleave build.

Also im sure anyone who hav the currency to get that sword will end up using another skill instead of a crappy cleave.
Lol, relying to dead thread by a user who no longer plays the game.
The skill trees mentioned in the OP are unoptimised and the general mechanics section is totally out of date.

So I have no idea what you gain by bashing this thread. x2p in fact deserves a lot of credit for popularising the idea of a fast attacking high dps melee dual wield physical build at a time when everyone thought physical sucked.

And calling cleave crappy, just lol.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
This thread died months ago. One look at the cwdt setup and you can see old the guide really is.

When I started, this was THE build for me. Back then, the BoR didn't render any chest armour so you'd see wacky duelists holding 2 weps, a red puffy shirt and a massive bleeding helmet. It looked like they were saying "fuck you I don't need no fucking armour". It was a pretty awesome sight.

I followed the guide closely and when I was able to afford 60ex for a non-leg soul taker (that's right), I felt like I had reached end game and my character felt invincible and rich.

This build became superseded by Aegis ST builds, then fell from being end game down to mid game when crit became the meta. It died when WoE+BoR became more effective in every way.

Gonna miss this build, not gonna lie.

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
My first 'real' character was with this build. It was a lot of fun, and I never felt any 'wall'that many people end up coming across. I ended up liking the play style so much that I never thought about making some sort of ranged or spellcaster build.

And then you also made that axe murderer build which was pretty awesome too.

Btw, remember that guy that did atziri by stacking like 400%health from the tree? He just stood and facetanked everything.
Lol

But after that the thread just sort of died.
Oh well, memories :P

This is a buff
Can anyone link me the updated skill tree pls?
For the closest updated alternative, I recommend looking at Tommie's blender build (look in build list). That build is the most up to date version of this type of build.

This is a buff
can someone contact to x2p and tell him about update? or he left this game?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info