[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

I started playing Thursday night, no problems, however, going to play this morning I get this as I try to load the game. The the game just crashes. I really have no idea what to do from here, I've been running v3.1, if I change to v3.6/7 would that fix this? To do that does it require a complete uninstall/install?

http://imgur.com/El8NNJ1

Thanks!
"
Druig wrote:
Any news on the mouse bug? I have to use v3.6 because with 3.7 my cursor disappears most of the time :(

Intel i7 3,4GHz
8Gb DDR3
Nvidia GTX 570 1280mb

3.7 is just for test, to determine what new bugs arise in new wine releases. Don't use it if it cause the problems
"
terrylobster wrote:
I started playing Thursday night, no problems, however, going to play this morning I get this as I try to load the game. The the game just crashes. I really have no idea what to do from here, I've been running v3.1, if I change to v3.6/7 would that fix this? To do that does it require a complete uninstall/install?

Thanks!

The error occurs when the wrapper configuration is modified.
You can use 3.6 and 3.7 beside 3.1, there is no installation, the port is standalone program. But to prevent redownloading the whole game again, just move/copy content.ggpk from the old wrapper to the new one.
"
julus wrote:
"
terrylobster wrote:

Thanks!

You can use 3.6 and 3.7 beside 3.1, there is no installation, the port is standalone program. But to prevent redownloading the whole game again, just move/copy content.ggpk from the old wrapper to the new one.

Thanks for the reply, and sorry to bug you again, but, I'm new to running Windows programs on a Mac, as far as the wrapper configuration, was that something I may have done? I don't know how I would have.

Thanks again for all of this, so glad I'm able to play this game.
"
terrylobster wrote:
"
julus wrote:
"
terrylobster wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply, and sorry to bug you again, but, I'm new to running Windows programs on a Mac, as far as the wrapper configuration, was that something I may have done? I don't know how I would have.

Thanks again for all of this, so glad I'm able to play this game.

The error means that the sound subsystem cannot be initialized, I saw this error only when the openal library is missing (it's included and configured in all my wrappers).

But recently, a lot of windows users began reporting weird issues with the game itself. Quite possibly this is one of them :/
Last edited by julus on Feb 2, 2013, 9:52:50 AM
Right.

So I been playing on 3.7 a few days, and so far only run into one problem.

First of, I get a little lag. But that only happens when we are a group, and spams fireballs/ie spell, and I can work around that with my seetings. So not a problem at all.

All in all it runs smooth.

The problem?

That damn sun keep hitting my screen!!

Keep up the good work

-Emil / Wuffie
Hello,

Sorry if this has been covered previously in the thread but the game simply won't start. I can't seem to find this '/tmp' file to delete as suggested. Tried restarting also, but to no avail. Any other solutions? please?

Running MacBook Pro 15" Mountain Lion.

Cheers,
"
jruss wrote:
Hello,

Sorry if this has been covered previously in the thread but the game simply won't start. I can't seem to find this '/tmp' file to delete as suggested. Tried restarting also, but to no avail. Any other solutions? please?

Cheers,

Restarting is the same thing as deleting. Post your logs.
"
julus wrote:
"
jruss wrote:
Hello,

Cheers,

Which log should I post?

Thx
"
jruss wrote:
"
julus wrote:
"
jruss wrote:
Hello,

Cheers,

Which log should I post?

Thx

1st post -> FAQ -> Where can i find the logs?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info