[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Okay I am running a Mac book pro OSX 10.6.8 and I have installed everything correctly and I have gone to "show package contents" and then go to the "Wineskin" button which pops up another window which I push screen settings.

I have it on "Override, Resolution 1024X768 with fullscreen selected and the "Use these settings" at the bottom. then I click done and out.

I cannot for the life of me get the game to load properly. It goes to the smaller screen and when I enlarge it it goes really blurry and the words are all over the place ....I have tried and read this entire forum and I still cant seem to get it going.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong or change...

I would really appreciate it as I would love to start playing this game.

Thanks to all that respond
"
Carlyle6 wrote:
Okay I am running a Mac book pro OSX 10.6.8 and I have installed everything correctly and I have gone to "show package contents" and then go to the "Wineskin" button which pops up another window which I push screen settings.

I have it on "Override, Resolution 1024X768 with fullscreen selected and the "Use these settings" at the bottom. then I click done and out.

I cannot for the life of me get the game to load properly. It goes to the smaller screen and when I enlarge it it goes really blurry and the words are all over the place ....I have tried and read this entire forum and I still cant seem to get it going.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong or change...

I would really appreciate it as I would love to start playing this game.

Thanks to all that respond

If you look at post 1, there is a faq for the problem.
But I will help you anyway.

The way I did was to find the production_config.ini file.
Useing cmd+space lets you open a seachbar to find it in.

Once you found it, open the file with TextEdit.

Then find the resolution at set it as so:
resolution_height=750
resolution_width=1024

That worked for me.

You can also try, still inside production_config.ini, to change Fullscreen=false into
Fullscreen=true.
Uploaded v3.7

Needs to be tested, but it performs well on my system.

If you have problem with running 3.6 or 3.1, give it a try.
"
julus wrote:
Uploaded v3.7

I'll give it a go and report back.
"
julus wrote:
Uploaded v3.7

On it when I get home from work.

Edit:

@ krifFinn

I'll make a vid of the problem after I have play tested 3.7
Last edited by Wuffie on Jan 30, 2013, 7:26:42 AM
Just in case you have problems starting the game, like the launcher just flashes and shuts or the PoE icon bounces in Dock a few times then disappears, you can try launching the game by going to the wrapper, that is right-click PoE.app, Show Package contents -> open Wineskin.app -> Advanced, then there select Test Run.

"
Reeseww98 wrote:
Every time I go to open Path of Exile, it says "Weapontypes_Row": The format of this game data cannot be read, is it out of date?

What do I do about this? I've googled it, and there is absolutely no articles about it online.

If you can't get the game running at all, that error would then hint to a corrupted package file. At this moment downloading the Content.ggpk again is the only option to fix corrupted game files.

"
DamienWayne wrote:
"
Wuffie wrote:
But even though the game runs fine, I have found a problem.

When I play I get some flashing images. In my mana orb, health orb and any other kind of "action bar" on the screen. I have northing else running and I am playing in wondowed mode normaly.
I already tried in full-screen, and in defrent res. but I just can't seem to get the flasing away.

Has other got this problem? (Yes, I have not reed though all the pages...)

Best regards
-Emil

I am having the exact same problem! Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT Video Card on a macbook pro running snow leopard. I tried switching around the settings to no avail. The problem does not start until I have played for around 20 minutes or so and then it is constant. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think an issue like that has been reported before. Any chance you could submit a picture or video?

Which wrapper were you using again?

"
cathartist wrote:
To Julus:

(Or anyone else knowledgeable).
I love the fact that you put so much work into developing a way for us Mac users to play this game. However, I cannot figure out how to stop this lag!!! I have read many posts and tried most of the fixes suggested. I run with the 3.6 version and the correct wrapper. I have the mid2012 macbook pro non-retina with 4 gb ram and the standard integrated video card. There is no reason I should lack the resources to run this game at 20 fps. Can you please fill me in on how to optimize my gameplay? I am completely unable to proceed in act 3 because the screen is constantly choppy. Will upgrading the ram help at all? or is the problem probably my video card? And if it's my video card then why do other mac users have problems with good cards?

Thanks!
Cathartist

Turn off Shadows, Textures to medium, Anti-aliasing off, Texture filtering to Trilinear, Post processing Off, Screen Shake off.

Getting more RAM would quite possibly help. The only thing that can hurt is your wallet...

EDIT Typos and some additions
Last edited by krifFinn on Jan 30, 2013, 4:14:36 AM
So, I downloaded the new wrapper, but it's re-downloading the game. Looking at my hard drive, I should still have the game on here, so how can I just use the new wrapper with the already-downloaded content?

If I have to do

Copy "wrapper/drive_c/Program Files/Grinding Gear Games" to new wrapper (to same location)

then I have no idea how to find that and I don't think I have that path on my system.
Last edited by zxy on Jan 30, 2013, 8:17:00 AM
3.7 so far.

First up it seemed to download the game all over again. I can live with that, no biggie.

Then when it was done I got thouse two popups.

"Error". That's it, notthing else.

And

"error opening file: Content.ggpk"

I'm sure you want more then that to go buy, but I am, frankly not, that good with computers, so I do not know where to look for any reports.

-Emil
"
Wuffie wrote:
3.7 so far.

First up it seemed to download the game all over again. I can live with that, no biggie.

Then when it was done I got thouse two popups.

"Error". That's it, notthing else.

And

"error opening file: Content.ggpk"

I'm sure you want more then that to go buy, but I am, frankly not, that good with computers, so I do not know where to look for any reports.

-Emil

Well, I hope you are opening it from you local HDD and not external one. Also I never see that problem. The 3.7 was tested completely from download to few hours gameplay in one session
"
zxy wrote:
So, I downloaded the new wrapper, but it's re-downloading the game. Looking at my hard drive, I should still have the game on here, so how can I just use the new wrapper with the already-downloaded content?

If I have to do

Copy "wrapper/drive_c/Program Files/Grinding Gear Games" to new wrapper (to same location)

then I have no idea how to find that and I don't think I have that path on my system.

wrapper = right click on wrapper -> show contents. only content.ggpk from "drive_c/Program Files/Grinding Gear Games" is needed to be copy/moved from the oldone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info