[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Every time I go to open Path of Exile, it says "Weapontypes_Row": The format of this game data cannot be read, is it out of date?

What do I do about this? I've googled it, and there is absolutely no articles about it online.
Hi there everyone.

First of, realy nice work with the Mac Client.
I'm impressed you pulled this off.

Now I do have a question though.

I seem to have no problem playing at all. I solved the problem with the mini window in the corner, and the mouse off-set. Really nice f.a.q you have.

But even though the game runs fine, I have found a problem.

When I play I get some flashing images. In my mana orb, health orb and any other kind of "action bar" on the screen. I have northing else running and I am playing in wondowed mode normaly.
I already tried in full-screen, and in defrent res. but I just can't seem to get the flasing away.

Has other got this problem? (Yes, I have not reed though all the pages...)

Best regards
-Emil
is there anyway to do packcheck on mac ?
I try to run the mac client version..as soon as i hit Launch it just closes instantly...the icon stays on the app bar on the bottom of my screen but nothing happens ? help is greatly appreciated

now when i run it checking resources pops up for one second then the same thing it just closes , but POE icon stays on the app bar...?
Last edited by Ronan on Jan 29, 2013, 4:21:02 PM
"
Wuffie wrote:
Hi there everyone.

First of, realy nice work with the Mac Client.
I'm impressed you pulled this off.

Now I do have a question though.

I seem to have no problem playing at all. I solved the problem with the mini window in the corner, and the mouse off-set. Really nice f.a.q you have.

But even though the game runs fine, I have found a problem.

When I play I get some flashing images. In my mana orb, health orb and any other kind of "action bar" on the screen. I have northing else running and I am playing in wondowed mode normaly.
I already tried in full-screen, and in defrent res. but I just can't seem to get the flasing away.

Has other got this problem? (Yes, I have not reed though all the pages...)

Best regards
-Emil

I am having the exact same problem! Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT Video Card on a macbook pro running snow leopard. I tried switching around the settings to no avail. The problem does not start until I have played for around 20 minutes or so and then it is constant. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I cannot switch settings in game or it crashes. I have to go into the production_config.ini file in order to change anything.
To Julus:

(Or anyone else knowledgeable).
I love the fact that you put so much work into developing a way for us Mac users to play this game. However, I cannot figure out how to stop this lag!!! I have read many posts and tried most of the fixes suggested. I run with the 3.6 version and the correct wrapper. I have the mid2012 macbook pro non-retina with 4 gb ram and the standard integrated video card. There is no reason I should lack the resources to run this game at 20 fps. Can you please fill me in on how to optimize my gameplay? I am completely unable to proceed in act 3 because the screen is constantly choppy. Will upgrading the ram help at all? or is the problem probably my video card? And if it's my video card then why do other mac users have problems with good cards?

Thanks!
Cathartist
Thank you for this! I had not been able to play PoE for a while with this Mac, but now you've fixed that!
Ok I'm getting this right after the install. Idk whyyyy. And where does PoE even install?

is it working for u guys ? like u just download /install and launch it runs? cause for me it wont run...it just closes the client , and leaves the poe icon on the app bar at the bottom...am i missing a step?
now i get this when i run ''Maps_Row'' : The format of game data file cannot be read, is it out of date ?
Last edited by Ronan on Jan 29, 2013, 7:51:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info