Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63b)

iMac has these specs
Spoiler
Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63b)

As for any other differences: I've separately downloaded Wine and Winebottler (as well at your client) on the iMac, though I'm not using them when running the PoE client. I'm still just using the 3.1 download and opening it from desktop.

NB: whilst typing this post I've tried re-opening the client on my iMac having shut-down to have my dinner. The client won't open as it says the "pack file has corruption" - I've tried the glsl fix but that's done nothing. I'm now thinking some of these problems may be being caused by something that happened at download/install. I'll try uninstalling the client and re-downloading.

I don't know what is causing those corruptions, just delete content.ggpk from the Wrapper/drive_c/Program Files/Grinding Gear Games/Path Of Exile and relaunch.

I hope GGG will split the content.ggpk to smaller files, as this issue also happens on windows occasionally, having to redownload 5,5GB again. (well that is not problem in my country, as we have only unlimited data plans here, but still...)
I am glad that most of the ISPs I've looked into here do not have data caps, which are a freaking scam to get more money anyway.

I always recommend to backup your content.ggpk file. Even if it is not up to date you will only have to download a few patches rather then the whole thing.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

I've been wanting to play this game for a while now!
Thanks a lot for the Mac port! It's working great on my MacBook Pro (8gb ram, 9600m), some texts are unreadable, but that's ok.

www.nicolaswidart.com
I would like to briefly comment on the PlayOnMac utility for Path of Exile.

I did a quick comparison between PlayOnMac app and the 3.1 wrapper. I noticed that the PlayOnMac uses version 1.4 of Wine so I changed the Wine in 3.1 wrapper to that as well, since CXG11.2.0 has performed rather sluggishly lately. And also because CXG11.2.0 is not availab in PlayOnMac. Correct me if I am wrong...

So, I played around three hours straight with each and I did not see any noticeable difference. Loading times between areas were very similar, give or take a second or two. No graphical glitches to report, no missing graphics, no crashes whatsoever. As a whole, gameplay was rather smooth, but some skills do cause lag, unfortunately.

So no real difference for me. But I'm glad to read here that PlayOnMac has worked wonders for some users.

I would gladly promote PlayOnMac as a viable alternative to the wrapper. Especially for users who have difficulties with the wrapper, that is.

Why not add the PlayOnMac to the FAQ, too. So if you are reading this, Dark0mens, give it a consideration...
"
krifFinn wrote:
I would like to briefly comment on the PlayOnMac utility for Path of Exile.

I did a quick comparison between PlayOnMac app and the 3.1 wrapper. I noticed that the PlayOnMac uses version 1.4 of Wine so I changed the Wine in 3.1 wrapper to that as well, since CXG11.2.0 has performed rather sluggishly lately. And also because CXG11.2.0 is not availab in PlayOnMac. Correct me if I am wrong...

So, I played around three hours straight with each and I did not see any noticeable difference. Loading times between areas were very similar, give or take a second or two. No graphical glitches to report, no missing graphics, no crashes whatsoever. As a whole, gameplay was rather smooth, but some skills do cause lag, unfortunately.

So no real difference for me. But I'm glad to read here that PlayOnMac has worked wonders for some users.

I would gladly promote PlayOnMac as a viable alternative to the wrapper. Especially for users who have difficulties with the wrapper, that is.

Why not add the PlayOnMac to the FAQ, too. So if you are reading this, Dark0mens, give it a consideration...

There is high possibility I will be switching to 1.4 too as well. The CX version was used because of the graphical glitches in 1.4. But they got fixed in PoE. Also, I expect there will be font fix within the next few week, so I will then make custom 1.4 with fixed font graphics. (also the launcher graphics will be fixed)
Yes I will be adding it soon, probably here in a few. I was contacted by the person who offered it as an option and asked for some side by side comparisons from people here on the forums. I have been semi-sorta busy with holiday stuff and am finally back home. Have yet to give PoM a try myself, been playing on Windows on my Mac lately since I haven't had a lot of time to play around with it.

*edit: And it has been added.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

Last edited by Dark0mens on Dec 30, 2012, 5:00:55 PM
Can someone walk me through this? New to Macs
Last edited by fischertah on Dec 30, 2012, 7:55:25 PM
"
julus wrote:
"
AAAA28 wrote:
How would you uninstall it? I'm running out of space on my HD and would like to uninstall the game. I assumed it would be the standard drag and drop into Trash and delete, but the amount of HD space recovered was less than it was before I installed it?

Indeed it is a drag and drop... the config files are stored in your documents, but that is only few kB.

The disk space might be used by SWAP files (only restart will clean them efficiently). While playing with wineskin wrappers, creation of those swap files is pretty common, due to the minor memory leak.

Also, if you are familiar with terminal, you can use "du -sk *" command for determining size of directories, to figure out which is taking a lot of space.

I know this is a late reply (was gone for the holidays), but thanks for the tip!
"
fischertah wrote:
Can someone walk me through this? New to Macs

Well, how much aid do you need? Installing applications on a Mac is very simple, the same applies for this wrapper.

Do as follows:

1) Download the disk image from this link
2) Double-click the Disk Image to mount it
3) Drag and drop Path of Exile.app from the disk to Applications folder (or to your preferred location)
4) Double-click Path of Exile.app to start install. Downloading takes a while as the content is approximately 4GB in size
I have been unable to make my game window full screen, or even larger for that matter.

I saw on the front page to CMD + Enter and have tried it, but nothing happens.

I would appreciate any insight on this situation, thanks!

Edit: I actually went back through the thread and found out to hit CMD + ALT + Enter.
Last edited by ScottyD on Jan 2, 2013, 9:22:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info