Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

update: it works but holy crap my laptop fans go INSANE lol. i think ill just pass, so my computer doesnt melt
"
natemoone wrote:
update: it works but holy crap my laptop fans go INSANE lol. i think ill just pass, so my computer doesnt melt

How did you do it? I'm on iMac late 2015 Majove
"
natemoone wrote:

I too would like to know. I had the exact same thing as you, path of exile would "open", basically would just sit there until i force quit.
"
natemoone wrote:

Tell us your secrets.
If you end with black screen after first launch after several errors, just wait for few seconds, and cmd+tab . there should be window about that it crashed or something. Just close it and game should ask it if you want to relaunch in DX9 mode.

However please note, the game works reaaaaaly bad now with the wrapper. (at least on my old 2011 macbook)

"
julus wrote:
If you end with black screen after first launch after several errors, just wait for few seconds, and cmd+tab . there should be window about that it crashed or something. Just close it and game should ask it if you want to relaunch in DX9 mode.

However please note, the game works reaaaaaly bad now with the wrapper. (at least on my old 2011 macbook)

I did that the first time around and it still doesn't start up. A window appears but it stays black forever after giving a few more errors. I'm on a much newer model, a 2017 MacBook Pro in Mojave, so perhaps there's something wrong there—any ideas?
"
Isula wrote:
"
julus wrote:

I did that the first time around and it still doesn't start up. A window appears but it stays black forever after giving a few more errors. I'm on a much newer model, a 2017 MacBook Pro in Mojave, so perhaps there's something wrong there—any ideas?

You need to click trough all of them (20 or so?) until they stop showing up. Afterwards on background there should be crash message.

Another workaround would be to modify poe config (production_config.ini) file and set DX9 manually by inserting/changing "directx_version=9" under [DISPLAY] section.
"
julus wrote:
"
Isula wrote:
"
julus wrote:

You need to click trough all of them (20 or so?) until they stop showing up. Afterwards on background there should be crash message.

Another workaround would be to modify poe config (production_config.ini) file and set DX9 manually by inserting/changing "directx_version=9" under [DISPLAY] section.

Tried that but to no avail. When I check the production_config.ini file after manually changing it to "directx_version=9", when relaunching it, and it not working, it changes to "directx_version=9Ex" without me touching it.

The fans on my laptop start whirring up as it launches, but after the window appears and I click past all the front errors they quieten down again. Fresh install? Or anything else that might aid this? Thanks for taking the time to respond, (and help of course).
After restarting the system game just didn't start. When I go to the applications and clicks PathOfExile - nothing happens, absolutely =(
Mac Book Pro 2015 in Mojave
Howdy,
Just found out about this game and wanting to try it out.
I've downloaded Wrapper v8 and its running.

It crashes when there's an excess of monsters.
Once it also crashed when the error messages, from the first time you open the game, appeared again.

Wondering if my MacBook Pro is too old for the game.
MacBook Pro 13in Mid 2009
2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
8 GB 1067 DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB

The only log in the log folder was this:
warning: taskset/cpuset not available on your platform!
------------------------------------------------------
You are using a 64-bit WINEPREFIX. Note that many verbs only install 32-bit versions of packages. If you encounter problems, please retest in a clean 32-bit WINEPREFIX before reporting a bug.
------------------------------------------------------
Using winetricks 20171222-next - sha256sum: 01ebb56d22f54467343700eedfe283d82a47e67bbb6c2d68b7da743f41bb78a3 with wine-2.21 (Staging) and WINEARCH=win64
msls31
riched20
usp10

Enjoy,
Drover

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info