[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Hey, I just started playing PoE on my Mac "2 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 Go 1867 MHz LPDDR3" and I have big fps/ms drops every time I move a little.
What can I do ?

Thank you in advance.
Last edited by Cymarr on Apr 4, 2018, 6:49:39 PM
anyone tried this on mac https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oml17BUf760 and with moltenvk ?
"
Chidorin wrote:
anyone tried this on mac https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oml17BUf760 and with moltenvk ?

dxvk makes wine translate dx11->vulkan instead of wine's standard dx11->opengl

Hmm, this sounds very promising... If the DX11 now works (should be with more recent wine), then it is worth of trying... The fps issues comes from dx9->opengl at this moment.

Will give it a try hopefully this week, if it will be success, I'll rework the wrapper and installation instructions.

Edit: Did some investigation. Currently this is no-go. Wine-vulkan/dxvk needs to be modified to be able to support moltenvk. We will see this done in the future, but as for now, there is no way to make it work properly on Mac :(
Last edited by julus on Apr 16, 2018, 5:07:04 AM
So, I've downloaded everything and managed to get the game to start up okay. I log in to Oriath, and I'm able to chill for about thirty seconds to a minute before getting an error about failing to uncompress a texture file. This has happened repeatedly now. It seems to be different textures each time. Is there any fix for this? Will redownloading help?

I'm not sure if this has been discussed in the thread already. Is there a way to search the thread specifically instead of the whole forum? New here...

Thanks!
"
julus wrote:
"
Chidorin wrote:

dxvk makes wine translate dx11->vulkan instead of wine's standard dx11->opengl

Hmm, this sounds very promising... If the DX11 now works (should be with more recent wine), then it is worth of trying... The fps issues comes from dx9->opengl at this moment.

Will give it a try hopefully this week, if it will be success, I'll rework the wrapper and installation instructions.

Edit: Did some investigation. Currently this is no-go. Wine-vulkan/dxvk needs to be modified to be able to support moltenvk. We will see this done in the future, but as for now, there is no way to make it work properly on Mac :(

thx for an investigation, really hope for this kind of solution: to have a metal support and may be inside poe directly if it is an easy solution for devs
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac14,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 3.2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: IM142.0129.B00

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1024 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0fea
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3782

Always get message: "Recieved Packet that is to big to deserialze".

Anyone know how to get around this?

UPDATE: Any advice on how to seriously troubleshoot this? I can deal with all sorts of visual glitches, usually closing and opening the window solves them; I can deal with the window randomly minimizing itself; I can deal with FPS drops, and long loading times... but the game randomly freezes and locks up, both in the middle of the action, and, especially, when loading as I move from one area to another. Constantly. To the point of it being functionally unusable. :(

FYI, this wouldn't load at all with the default settings. Am running OS X 10.13.4 (High Sierra) on an 2013 era 21.5" iMac.

I took a look at LastRunWine.log and saw this...

err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.

$ echo $DISPLAY
/private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.Gmd90B38Oz/org.macosforge.xquartz:0

I just installed a version of X11 the other day in an attempt to get "minetest" installed and working, so it occurred to me that this might be the issue. Changed the settings in Wineskin under Advanced/Options to enable "Force use of system installed XQuartz instead of using built in WineskinX11", and the launcher ran successfully. Is now "Allocating Space..."

Hope this works, would be nice to not have to boot my Windows box to play.

Hope this helps someone else.

Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac14,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: IM141.0129.B00
SMC Version (system): 2.14f24

Graphics/Displays:

Intel Iris Pro:

Chipset Model: Intel Iris Pro
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB
Vendor: Intel
Device ID: 0x0d22
Revision ID: 0x0008
Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily1 v3
Displays:
iMac:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (1080p FHD - Full High Definition)
UI Looks like: 1920 x 1080
Framebuffer Depth: 24-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Automatically Adjust Brightness: No
Connection Type: DisplayPort
Last edited by tvlscruz on Apr 29, 2018, 4:37:19 AM
Hi,

I am totally new to the game, I like it a lot.
I installed V8 on my mac without any problem.
Ca. every 5 minutes my game freezes and I have to close the client and to start it new, to log in to play for 5 minutes :D.

Sierra 10.12.6
MacBook Pro (Retina, Mitte 2012)

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Maybe there is any help
Hi,

I am using a Macbook Pro with eGPU - is there anyway I can make POE use the external gfx rather then the onboard one?

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info