[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
tynen wrote:
Is there any way to use loot filters??

Edit:

I found it.

Right click the Path OF Exile.app and click Show Package Content
Navigate to drive_c, users, the user account you're using on OS X, my documents, My Games, Path of Exile
Place the loot filter in that directory

Funny thing, that should actually point into /Users/<your username>/Documents/My Games/Path of Exile :)
So you are browsing the wrapper to end back up in your OSX folders :)
Last edited by julus on Mar 27, 2016, 10:58:34 AM
Hi I am trying to run this wrapper on my Macbook Air (Early 2015) & in addition to the long load times, my game freezes/crashes at loading screens probably 50-75% of the time. Is this a known bug or is there something I have wrong in the game settings?

My Mac Specs:

OSX 10.11.4
512 GB SSD
2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

Additionally, if I "tab out" of the game & then try to get back in, this also tends to cause a freeze/crash. But these freezes/crashes happen on their own even if I never leave the game window.
hai.
so has anybody actually managed to finish a labryth run or get the game to work 100% or even close to that? im still crashing or freezing every 15 or so. is the 6 version any good ? im using the cx version
"
Licoffe wrote:
Out of curiosity, which version of Julus's wrapper are you using? I do not have this issue with the 7th version.

Good to know, thanks! I'm using the v6 version. I've backed up that to an external drive, then downloaded v7 and have tried it. Seems to be working again. I'll chalk this one up to something getting broken in a OS update, likely. ;) Thanks!
Does this work for the new update for anyone else? Doesn't seem to be working for me, once I open it it just seems to be stuck on black loading screen.
Having an issue with the lab in merciless. Once i try to enter in the 3rd Izaro's stage room i crash, guaranteed. Any solution?
Last edited by mussoo on Apr 11, 2016, 6:54:05 AM
So im in a bit of a weird place, i usually play on my pc and my account is through steam, so I've downloaded Play on Mac -> downloaded steam through play on mac -> downloaded path of exile through pc steam.

and it works great, one issue i don't have a loot_filter tab, for selecting my filter O.o
I really love you man, my pc just broke and... really man, thank you!
"
munaky wrote:
Hi everyone, before the Ascendancy patch, i was running the game like a charm. Now i have an insane fps issue. Everytime i kill an enemy, my game freezes for .5 seconds to 1 sec, and when i walk around i go to 150 fps to 2 fps, back to 150 fps to 2 fps. I dont why but i before this patch i had no issues at all.

I'm having similar issues. I hadn't played PoE in a long time (since before Act 4 came out), but when I came back to it and used the latest version of the Wine wrapper (v7) I found performance was much worse than before - big latency spikes, and the FPS dropped to 2-5 as soon as I got into a fight. I tried setting graphics to minimum but it made no difference.
I'm on a MacBook Pro Retina 15" (Mid 2014)
2.8 Ghz Core i7, 16GB DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048MB

I crash regularly if there are too many mobs on the screen or too many effects from the mobs. Especially frustrating during major boss fights. I've tried lowest settings and will see if the crashes persist but it's very frustrating. The worst part is how long I then have to wait while it re-loads the game from scratch.

Do most folks prefer to dual boot instead for better performance? I'm strongly considering that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info