[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
So, I ran into two different types of issues so far. The first issue was the game trying to access an ogg file (audio file) and failing ("Audio/Sound Effects/audio.ogg: Decoded no data"). There is a thread (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/35767) about this issue. It seems that it may be due to a corruption of the content.ggpk file. The other issue was "err:d3d:resource_init Failed to allocate system memory.", which likely means the GPU is running out of RAM.

Thanks a lot man ! That points (i guess) the problem of :
1) Why i got sometimes the error "corrupted content.ggpk" and have to download again the game.
2) The 30min/1h gaming issue.

I always though it was about RAM (I only got 4go on my MBP), but, It's really a huge problem if now you have to get 32Go of RAM to play POE for more than 2h long with the new contents... :/
"
munaky wrote:
Hi everyone, before the Ascendancy patch, i was running the game like a charm. Now i have an insane fps issue. Everytime i kill an enemy, my game freezes for .5 seconds to 1 sec, and when i walk around i go to 150 fps to 2 fps, back to 150 fps to 2 fps. I dont why but i before this patch i had no issues at all.

Hi Munaky, is this happening in all the zones or just in specific ones? It kinda looks like a high latency issue.
-----------------------------------------------------
Want to check out the price of your items? Check out http://poe-rates.com
Last edited by Licoffe on Mar 9, 2016, 7:39:28 AM
"
Licoffe wrote:

@doanpham0907:I also have frequent crashes (every 45/1h) since the new content update with both my wrapper and Julus's one. I'm looking into it.

@C1rcean: Is it stable on your side?

Yeah I crash frequently too. I thought it was normal at first, but as I get into higher difficulties and later acts, it's becoming more frequent. The errors that happen for me are:

"WINEBUG_WHAT_HAPPENED_MESSAGE" which happens most frequently during heavy combat, like Perandus mobs and boss fights.

Occasionally, after this error I force quit all the PoE and Wine processes, but when I relaunch PoE I get the "wrapper is already running" error. This forces me to restart the computer (logging out and back in doesn't work).

"Unable to MapVIewOfFile in MapChunk..." which happens most frequently when zoning in and out of areas.

"Unable to create vertex buffer..." which just happened to me for the firs time. Just when I was running around.

"Decoded no data" for a sound. Only got this one once.

"Unable to create texture". Only got this one once.

I also rarely get a complete instant crash with no error. The whole thing just vanishes including all the processes. This has only happened twice so far, and sounds like the one that's occasionally happening to Windows players as well.

I actually started writing them down. My recent crashes:

<time, bug, action>
After 40 minutes of play, WINEBUG, standing in Lioneye's Watch
After 26 minutes of play, MapChunk, porting into Lioneye's Watch
After 67 minutes of play, WINEBUG, Perandus mobs
After 27 minutes of play, MapChunk, porting into Highgate
After 16 minutes of play, vertex buffer, running around The Southern Forest
After 72 minutes of play, WINEBUG, Perandus mobs
After 20 minutes of play, MapChunk, porting into The Forest Encampment
After 25 minutes of play, WINEBUG, opening strongbox
After 23 minutes of play, WINEBUG, Perandus mobs
After 37 minutes of play, WINEBUG, walking around in The Crematorium
After 32 minutes of play, WINEBUG, Perandus mobs
After 21 minutes of play, complete instant crash with no error, standing in Highgate
After 21 minutes of play, MapChunk, entering The Battlefront
After 18 minutes of play, MapChunk, porting into The Sarn Encampment
After 16 minutes of play, MapChunk, porting into The Sarn Encampment
After 26 minutes of play, sound, porting from The Ebony Barracks to The Sarn Encampment
After 12 minutes of play, texture, porting from The Lunaris Temple to The Marketplace

Both sessions that made it over 60 minutes were mostly trading and standing around.
That's an average Time Before Crash of 29 minutes :(. I guess I won't be doing the labyrinth...FeelsBadMan

-----------------------------------------

Settings:
1400*900 windowed, Everything low or off except VSync (to cap it at 60 frames else my fps is up near 120 and my laptop melts)

Specs:
Unmodified Julus v7 CX wrapper
Model: MacBookPro11,3
16GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
OSX 10.11.3
@C1rcean: Thanks a lot for this great post! It's really important that we all report the type of errors we encounter, this way we can have a list of procedures to apply for each.

According to this post (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18346), the developers advise to use the -gc flag (stands for garbage collection, I suppose) if you encounter a "E_OUTOFMEMORY" or "Unable to Map File" error when changing areas. This should reduce the amount of cached data in memory, probably increasing stability, but increasing loading time between areas. There are two values for that flag 2 and 1, the last one being the most effective.

Could you try adding -gc 2 or -gc 1 in your wrapper EXE flags and tell us if it increases stability on your side and if you still encounter the "Unable to MapVIewOfFile in MapChunk..." error ?

Hope it helps.
Last edited by Licoffe on Mar 9, 2016, 10:47:33 AM
Personnally, I only get the "WINEBUG_WHAT_HAPPENED_MESSAGE" error, randomly* about an average 30min of gaming like I said (*It can be while fighting, walking, loading a map, opening a chest...)

EDIT : Nevermind,I just got also the "map chunk" error.
Last edited by Deathrasher59 on Mar 9, 2016, 1:24:12 PM
"
Licoffe wrote:

Could you try adding -gc 2 or -gc 1 in your wrapper EXE flags and tell us if it increases stability on your side and if you still encounter the "Unable to MapVIewOfFile in MapChunk..." error ?

How I do dat? Like use "Custom EXE Creator" and make a new PathOfExile.exe with that flag, is that what you mean? The last time I edited the wrapper, it broke and I had to reinstall, so I want to make sure I know what you mean.

Edit 1: Oh nvm, you can just add them in "Configuration". Trying it now.

Edit 2: I've played for a few hours now with "-gc 1" on and I have roughly the same frequency of crashes, and the same error messages. I just put -gc 1 with no quotes in the EXE flags in Configuration. That's what you meant, right @Licoffe?
Last edited by C1rcean on Mar 10, 2016, 5:46:50 AM
"
C1rcean wrote:
I've played for a few hours now with "-gc 1" on and I have roughly the same frequency of crashes, and the same error messages. I just put -gc 1 with no quotes in the EXE flags in Configuration. That's what you meant, right @Licoffe?

@Circean: Yeah exactly. Thanks a lot for trying these flags. They are supposed to fix only two types of errors though: "E_OUTOFMEMORY" or "Unable to Map File". Are you still experiencing the latter one? Did you notice another side effect (increase in loading time, etc...)?
Last edited by Licoffe on Mar 10, 2016, 6:36:00 AM
I need to ask a clarification about the loot filter, because i really can't put it in my client. Can someone help me?
Has anyone found a way to use macros in game on the port? In windows I love having my AHK macros to get to my hideout check remaining and other stuff
"
mussoo wrote:
I need to ask a clarification about the loot filter, because i really can't put it in my client. Can someone help me?

Hi Mussoo, did you try Julus's instructions?

"
julus wrote:

download and edit whatever loot filter file you want to use then place the file in the following path

/User/YourUserName/Documents/My Games/Path of Exile/

This folder should contain a file called 'production_Config.ini' if not then you are looking in the wrong folder

Put your loot filter file in this folder

Restart PoE

Go to the Options Menu and click the UI tab. Scroll all the way to bottom and look for a setting that is talking about available loot filters

Click that tab/menu and select the loot filter file you want to use.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info