[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
nozone wrote:
Okay one more update..

used winetricks to install missing msxml3 dll and after a few refreshing the wrapper I am consistently getting

err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
err:ole:apartment_getclassobject DllGetClassObject returned error 0x80040111
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {f5078f1b-c551-11d3-89b9-0000f81fe221} could be created for context 0x1

with the same UI pop up as before

We failed to install the redistribute package required for Path of Exile to run. You need to accept the box that appears when windows asks for permissions to run VC_redist.86.exe

Now try mdac28 package and also vaiec.dll -- we'll get there, slowly but surely I think!

Pretty sure vaiec comes from Visual Studio 6
Last edited by enwave on Mar 1, 2016, 1:55:44 AM
After I installed the msxml3 and redid the vcrun2015 (which succeeded this time), I only get:

wine: Call from 0x7b82d9a2 to unimplemented function api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll._initialize_onexit_table, aborting
fixme:vcruntime:__telemetry_main_return_trigger (0x10000000)
err:module:attach_process_dlls "MSVCP140.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Grinding Gear Games\\Path of Exile\\Client.exe" failed, status 80000100

I also tried installed mdac28, but I can't find vaiec in the list at all.
"
metajack wrote:
After I installed the msxml3 and redid the vcrun2015 (which succeeded this time), I only get:

wine: Call from 0x7b82d9a2 to unimplemented function api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll._initialize_onexit_table, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Grinding Gear Games\\Path of Exile\\Client.exe" failed, status 80000100

Alright! My client is launching -- once you get to this step, turns out installing vaiec is not necessary. You can use an instruction from

https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=39437

In there, there is someone who has a registry file for setting native status on the dlls. You likely already have MSVCP140.dll, but need to use Wineskin's registry editor to import the registry file in the zip on that guys mirror.

As an alternative, you can use the winecfg tool > libraries to add them manually. You'll add by typing in "New override for library" and then use edit button if the library mismatches the below settings. You should have entries somewhere in the list that look like:

api-ms-win-crt-conio-|1-1-0 (native)
api-ms-win-crt-heap-|1-1-0 (native)
api-ms-win-crt-locale-|1-1-0 (native)
api-ms-win-crt-std-|1-1-0 (native)
api-ms-win-crt-runtime-|1-1-0 (native)
msvcp140 (native)
openal32 (native, builtin)
ucrtbase (native)
vcruntime140 (native)

And then you should be up and running. Enjoy!
Last edited by enwave on Mar 1, 2016, 11:45:20 PM
"
enwave wrote:
"
metajack wrote:

Alright! My client is launching -- once you get to this step, turns out installing vaiec is not necessary. You can use an instruction from

In there, there is someone who has a registry file for setting native status on the dlls. You likely already have MSVCP140.dll, but need to use Wineskin's registry editor to import the registry file in the zip on that guys mirror.

As an alternative, you can use the winecfg tool > libraries to add them manually. You'll add by typing in "New override for library" and then use edit button if the library mismatches the below settings. You should have entries somewhere in the list that look like:

msvcp140 (native)
ucrtbase (native)
vcruntime140 (native)

I can actually open my client now, but the issue is I'm getting this https://gyazo.com/1c6f70cc13c2d1d0a894c18fa4e0603b when it opens.

Just a note, I tried reinstalling and I got the same error as beffor.
Has anyone actually gotten it to work yet? Could you put up you client and we could just copy our content.ggpk into it?
so it looks like with the newest update the launcher will come up initially and then not again i had been playing the game for over a month sucessfully but now is there an update needed for this maybe? I have tried every trick i could and nothing is working. even re installed etc.
Last edited by Joepercent on Mar 1, 2016, 6:21:47 PM
"
enwave wrote:
"
metajack wrote:

msvcp140 (native)
ucrtbase (native)
vcruntime140 (native)

Heads up, that second api-ms-win-crt-locale should be api-ms-win-crt-runtime. Kind of a misleading error message if you're missing the runtime override, it will continue failing to initialize MSVCP140.dll.

I'm getting the same error as Chances09 at this point, trying to debug...
Last edited by asbjornsen on Mar 1, 2016, 7:25:56 PM
looks like i'm in the same boat as Chances09 and jornsen

error after all the recommendations is --

err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {f5078f1b-c551-11d3-89b9-0000f81fe221} could be created for context 0x1

maybe all the fiddling with the client has caused some incompatible dll installations?

Okay so after doing everything like you guys said to do i now get this error

The program Client.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close we are sorry for the inconvenience.

WINDBUG_WHAT_HAPPENED_MESSAGE
Last edited by Joansblade on Mar 1, 2016, 9:49:41 PM
"
nozone wrote:
looks like i'm in the same boat as Chances09 and jornsen

error after all the recommendations is --

maybe all the fiddling with the client has caused some incompatible dll installations?

Yeah, my best Google-fu suggests that it's SOMETHING DLL-related, but I haven't been able to figure out more than that; it seems like these are fairly general errors. My stacktrace is identical, for anecdata purposes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info