[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Looks like some issues with the latest update for the ascendency.

Getting a bunch of

`wine: Call from 0x7b835eb9 to unimplemented function api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll._seh_filter_dll, aborting` from the logs

any ideas with this?
I can't even open the game now. running the app does nothing. So I can't even get error messages. running the non CX version
I'm thinking the new version relies on some libraries that wine 1.8 didn't package up yet...

looking at - https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=39437 at the moment seems to be a few fixes out there
I tried both versions and neither seem to work.
"
nozone wrote:
I'm thinking the new version relies on some libraries that wine 1.8 didn't package up yet...

looking at - https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=39437 at the moment seems to be a few fixes out there

Really Wish I knew enough about programming to actually make use of any of that or help fix the problems. But I don't so I'm here. Hope this is fixed by Friday. Fingers Crossed.
I am away from the computer I have POE installed on, but if someone feels like being a guinea pig, try the following:

** THIS COULD MAKE THINGS WORSE, SO TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK **

1. Download Wineskin Winery
2. Update Engine to Wine 1.9.2
3. Update Wrapper to 2.6.2
4. Right click Path of Exile in Applications, Show Package Contents
5. Double-click Wineskin
6. Advanced
7. Change Engine (to new Wine 1.9)
8. Update Wrapper
9. Winetricks
10. Update Winetricks (bottom left corner)
11. Under dlls, check vcrun2015
12. Click dat fancy run button
13. Close winetricks
14. Kill wineskin processes
15. Close Wineskin
16. Go back to Applications, double-click Path of Exile
17. Magic?

If nobody else tries this before me, I'll report back on whether or not it works.
Last edited by enwave on Mar 1, 2016, 12:59:01 AM
I just tried your steps. Everything worked until here:

"

Here is the output (which indicates it failed):

Spoiler
Using native,builtin override for following DLLs: atl140 msvcp140 msvcr140 vcomp140
Executing winetricks_early_wine regedit C:\windows\Temp\_vcrun2015\override-dll.reg
Executing wine vc_redist.x86.exe
fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x0 1 0x0 0 stub
fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x0 1 0x0 0 stub
fixme:ntdll:NtQueryInformationToken QueryInformationToken( ..., TokenElevation, ...) semi-stub
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"msxml3.dll": dlopen(/Applications/Path Of Exile.app/Contents/Frameworks/wswine.bundle/lib/wine/msxml3.dll.so, 258): Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libxml2.2.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/Path Of Exile.app/Contents/Frameworks/wswine.bundle/
err:ole:COMPOBJ_DllList_Add couldn't load in-process dll L"C:\\windows\\system32\\msxml3.dll"
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {f6d90f11-9c73-11d3-b32e-00c04f990bb4} could be created for context 0x1
------------------------------------------------------
Note: command 'wine vc_redist.x86.exe' returned status 5. Aborting.
------------------------------------------------------

Winetricks Commands Finished!!

Attempting to run POE again after that is the same as before; nothing happens and it doesn't start.
"
enwave wrote:
I am away from the computer I have POE installed on, but if someone feels like being a guinea pig, try the following:

** THIS COULD MAKE THINGS WORSE, SO TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK **

1. Download Wineskin Winery
2. Update Engine to Wine 1.9.2
3. Update Wrapper to 2.6.2
4. Right click Path of Exile in Applications, Show Package Contents
5. Double-click Wineskin
6. Advanced
7. Change Engine (to new Wine 1.9)
8. Update Wrapper
9. Winetricks
10. Update Winetricks (bottom left corner)
13. Close winetricks
14. Kill wineskin processes
15. Close Wineskin
16. Go back to Applications, double-click Path of Exile
17. Magic?

If nobody else tries this before me, I'll report back on whether or not it works.

making progress here...

I tried just doing a winetricks update and re-run of vcrun2015 with no luck. BUT going through your steps, upgrading the engine and then using the wrapper's whinetricks seems to be okay (I ran it with a --force, not sure if it made a difference). And here we are --

logs show --

err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"msxml3.dll": dlopen(/Applications/Path Of Exile.app/Contents/Frameworks/wswine.bundle/lib/wine/msxml3.dll.so, 258): Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libxml2.2.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/Path Of Exile.app/Contents/Frameworks/wswine.bundle/
err:ole:COMPOBJ_DllList_Add couldn't load in-process dll L"C:\\windows\\system32\\msxml3.dll"

with a UI display of

We failed to install the redistribute package required for Path of Exile to run. You need to accept the box that appears when windows asks for permissions to run VC_redist.86.exe

Getting sleepy look at this again in the morning
msxml3.dll is also installable from winetricks! you may have to install that with a --force as well.

Good to hear you're making progress. Good luck in the morning! (unless you see this tonight! ha)

You can also verify with regedit tool in advanced section of Wineskin that the dll key (in CurrentUser / Wine / DllOverrides or something like that) is set to builtin (maybe builtin, native).

Again, shooting from the hip here, but hoping I can help in some way!
Last edited by enwave on Mar 1, 2016, 1:40:45 AM
Okay one more update..

used winetricks to install missing msxml3 dll and after a few refreshing the wrapper I am consistently getting

err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
err:ole:apartment_getclassobject DllGetClassObject returned error 0x80040111
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {f5078f1b-c551-11d3-89b9-0000f81fe221} could be created for context 0x1

with the same UI pop up as before

We failed to install the redistribute package required for Path of Exile to run. You need to accept the box that appears when windows asks for permissions to run VC_redist.86.exe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info