[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Wow, using the V5 Alpha 1 and everything is smooth and perfect after the last patch. Dont knowif this is a fluke and will continue but it is lovely :)

Also no freezing every time I open a strongbox, such a nice change. Anyone else had the same?
"
Devgru wrote:
"
julus wrote:
I am awfully short on time, but I will make a new version (hopefully sometime next week, however my macbook GPU broke again, so I will be not able to test it properly).

Also the version numbering will change depending on wine version (currently, there are 3 different wines I can use - Vanilla/Original, Crossover wine (CX) and the Stefan one (D3D).

So in the best case scenario. next week there will be 3 new versions available, each one based on different wine version.

Great news! Ready to test your new versions.

What wine was 4.2.1 based on?

Unfortunetely, My mac is broken again (AMD broke again, and Yosemite in software rendering mode is completely unusable), to don't have a 2400eur paperweight, I had to install Linux on it. There will be no new ports for a while. But you can find the steps how to upgrade the port manually below.

I don't recall on which wine version is 4.2.1 based, but you can check by:
- right click wrapper > show contents
- launch wineskin > advanced

on the bottom, above 3 buttons, you will see engine version, it translates to wine.

In quick, if you want to change engine (wine version) in port, just install wineskin winery ( http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/ ) and use it to download prebuilt wine versions. You can then change the engine inside wrapper by:
- right click wrapper > show contents
- launch wineskin > advanced > tools > change engine used.

Note: Wineskin has a little backlog of wine versions, and not all recent versions are availabe at the moment. Author however promised she will catch up and soon the recent wine versions will be also available to download trough winery.

Wine version types:
WS9Wine - standard wine version
WS9Wine*D3Dboost - Wine with Streams patches (used in V5 to gain speed)
WS9WineCX - wine from crossover (compiled from their provided source codes, no licence violation)

To play with WS9Wine*D3Dboost I recommend to modify any of my V5 as they have required registry configuration in place to enable the streams.
Last edited by julus on Feb 15, 2015, 3:54:49 AM
"
Sunni_Jim wrote:
Wow, using the V5 Alpha 1 and everything is smooth and perfect after the last patch. Dont knowif this is a fluke and will continue but it is lovely :)

Also no freezing every time I open a strongbox, such a nice change. Anyone else had the same?

Seconded!! Since 1.3.1b the text flickering has been completely resolved for version 5 alpha. It runs smoothly and no FPS problems. I recommend version 5 alpha for people still having FPS issues.
"
Sunni_Jim wrote:

Comparing V5 A1 and A2, which one is better?
v5 alpha 1

finally i was able to kill atziri :)
when ingame the fps is good enough to play smootly
unique problem i noticed is that load times are even longer than in 4.2.1, but if after that i can play so well with near no fps drops, i am fine!
As per your reports, I am setting the v5 alpha 1 as recommended version. Hopefully it will work for all of you ;)

Also, even longer loading times were common in closed beta... after they "speed" things up, the game began to lag...
Last edited by julus on Feb 20, 2015, 7:09:56 PM
"
Unfortunetely, My mac is broken again

Sorry to hear that.

Im right now trying to figure out how to change the engine to a newer version. i downloaded and installed wineskin winery, but when searching for possible engines i don't find a newer D3D engine than the one you used in V5.

The newest one i find (and downloaded) is 1.7.24 D3D Boost. But when i wanted to change engines it showed that your V5 uses 1.7.31.

i found a regular wine version of 1.7.36 however, but not a D3D one.

So i stopped at this point and was wondering if there is a possibility to get the newer engines you were talking about? Or do i just have to wait?

Just wondering - will I be able to play online with my friends using install?

Thanks in advance for the clarification!
"
Itshim wrote:
"
Unfortunetely, My mac is broken again

Sorry to hear that.

Im right now trying to figure out how to change the engine to a newer version. i downloaded and installed wineskin winery, but when searching for possible engines i don't find a newer D3D engine than the one you used in V5.

The newest one i find (and downloaded) is 1.7.24 D3D Boost. But when i wanted to change engines it showed that your V5 uses 1.7.31.

i found a regular wine version of 1.7.36 however, but not a D3D one.

So i stopped at this point and was wondering if there is a possibility to get the newer engines you were talking about? Or do i just have to wait?

Yeah, I was compiling those by myself. However giving a guide for this would be really hard, as sometimes the compilation is broken and something needs to be changed (compile flags or source code).

Anyway the Wineskin developer promised to catch up and publish those as well.

As for the Mac, Apple has finally launched repair program. Next week I am going to bring Mac for repair.
"
Doubu wrote:
Just wondering - will I be able to play online with my friends using install?

Thanks in advance for the clarification!

It is same version as for windows. Yes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info