[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Good afternoon guys,

First of all, thank you for the Mac Port that you provided for us, I've bought a new Mac Osx V 10.9 With Intel Core I7, well, I installed, and played for one day in a friends house, it worked perfectly, but now I'm having one problem..

When i'm opening PoE it stays on the launcher screen and the connecting bar starts to run, stays running for a while.. and then i get a msg, which says "Unable to connect to patching server." and it's not only one time, but several times until i manage to get to the Checking Resourses Bar and finally launches the game.. it is starting to annoy me.. I looked on the forum for a solution but only found for Windows, but i have no Idea of how to do that on this Mac.

Remembering that it's my first Mac and it took me a while to learn how to use it.

I appreciate your time and i'm looking forward to a solution.

Thank you Guys.

Kind Regards

Marshall
"
DonMarshall wrote:
Good afternoon guys,

First of all, thank you for the Mac Port that you provided for us, I've bought a new Mac Osx V 10.9 With Intel Core I7, well, I installed, and played for one day in a friends house, it worked perfectly, but now I'm having one problem..

When i'm opening PoE it stays on the launcher screen and the connecting bar starts to run, stays running for a while.. and then i get a msg, which says "Unable to connect to patching server." and it's not only one time, but several times until i manage to get to the Checking Resourses Bar and finally launches the game.. it is starting to annoy me.. I looked on the forum for a solution but only found for Windows, but i have no Idea of how to do that on this Mac.

Remembering that it's my first Mac and it took me a while to learn how to use it.

I appreciate your time and i'm looking forward to a solution.

Thank you Guys.

Kind Regards

Marshall

This ports tries to run game with bug for bug compatibility (well, actually it runs in 3bugs for bug but whatever :)

The problem with patching is often related to network. Your connection to patching server may be bad, or something else is wrong or is the patch servers are overloaded or something else may interfere with your connection (try restart router).
"
julus wrote:
"
TheWandMaster wrote:
I keep getting an issue, where when the application starts up it gets an error saying Unable to create a buffer: 40963 It is usually a sound file or a weapon/armor texture. If anyone knows a fix to this problem that would be great. I already redownloaded the client and it is still doing it so I have no idea what is going on.

EDIT:

http://gyazo.com/d520c9b3501bfde790816876edc4362e Here is a picture of the error that I am having. Now a couple hours later and it is still doing it, I really want to start playing again so if someone could give me some helpful info that would be great

Which wrapper version are you using ?

how to find version

I am using Julus v4.1.1B
"
TheWandMaster wrote:
I am using Julus v4.1.1B

The game tries to initialize sound system, but it cannot access it correctly, is there any chance you are using some 3rd party apps for sound enhancement, or something like that? Also you might try to use 4.0.3
Last edited by julus on Nov 27, 2013, 5:53:18 PM
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 320M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
So thats my set up. What i'm trying to figure out is how to log in using my steam account so i can continue playing on my profile. (normally play on a pc but its out of commission right now) Is there a way to link to my steam profile using the unofficial client?
At home for the holidays so I only have my Macbook Pro. I've tried both versions and can't get either to work. Getting the 3D objects error, tried all the fixes in the FAQ and scoured the last 25 or so pages to see what other people have tried, no luck.

Specs:

Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
Software: OSX 10.8.5

Any advice?
"
Branticus23 wrote:
So thats my set up. What i'm trying to figure out is how to log in using my steam account so i can continue playing on my profile. (normally play on a pc but its out of commission right now) Is there a way to link to my steam profile using the unofficial client?

I am not sure, but the credentials you are using to log onto this forums should be same for the game. (If you have your account linked, then it should work)
"
Musica wrote:
At home for the holidays so I only have my Macbook Pro. I've tried both versions and can't get either to work. Getting the 3D objects error, tried all the fixes in the FAQ and scoured the last 25 or so pages to see what other people have tried, no luck.

Specs:

Any advice?

Doublecheck that you are using port version 4.1.1b or 4.0.3 and set the game to fullscreen via editing the config file.
Last edited by julus on Nov 28, 2013, 2:03:20 AM
"
julus wrote:
"
Musica wrote:

Specs:

Any advice?

Doublecheck that you are using port version 4.1.1b or 4.0.3 and set the game to fullscreen via editing the config file.

Tried both versions and edited the config file already.

borderless_windowed_fullscreen=true
fullscreen=true
resolution_height=800
resolution_width=1280

Does borderless windowed or resolution have anything to do with it? My MBP resolution is 1280x800 so I just set it to that.

Edit: other settings.
Spoiler

[ACTION_KEYS]
attack_in_place=16
chat=13
close_panels=32
detonate_mines=68
enable_corpse_targeting=65
highlight=18
highlight_toggle=90
open_challenges_panel=72
open_character_panel=67
open_inventory_panel=73
open_ladder_panel=76
open_map=9
open_microtransaction_panel=77
open_options=79
open_passive_skills_panel=80
open_social_panel=83
open_world_panel=85
performance_overlay=112
take_screenshot=119
use_bound_skill1=1
use_bound_skill2=4
use_bound_skill3=2
use_bound_skill4=81
use_bound_skill5=87
use_bound_skill6=69
use_bound_skill7=82
use_bound_skill8=84
use_flask_in_slot1=49
use_flask_in_slot2=50
use_flask_in_slot3=51
use_flask_in_slot4=52
use_flask_in_slot5=53
weapon_swap=88
zoom_in=33
zoom_out=34
[DISPLAY]
antialias_mode=0
borderless_windowed_fullscreen=false
fullscreen=true
post_processing=true
resolution_height=800
resolution_width=1280
screen_shake=true
shadow_type=hardware_7_samples
texture_filtering=2
texture_quality=1
vsync=true
[LOGIN]
save_login=true
[SOUND]
ambient_sound_volume=45
dialogue_sound_volume=300
music_volume=70
mute_in_background=false
reverb_enabled=true
sound_effects_volume=45
[TWITCH]
bitrate=0
frame_height=0
max_fps=30
server=Default
webcam_display_height=384
[UI]
always_highlight=false
always_show_sockets=false
auto_equip=true
auto_recenter_map=false
corpse_targeting=key
ground_item_descriptions=full
join_global_chat=true
join_trade_chat=true
key_pickup=false
minimap_alpha=0.55
mouse_wheel_zoom=true
show_ally_mini_life_bars=false
show_corner_map=false
show_enemy_mini_life_bars=false
show_guild_chat=true
show_life_levels=false
Last edited by Musica on Nov 28, 2013, 3:26:00 PM
"
julus wrote:
"
Branticus23 wrote:

I am not sure, but the credentials you are using to log onto this forums should be same for the game. (If you have your account linked, then it should work)

Well when i first started the game i linked through steam and its wanting me to use an email. When i login using my steam email it says there is no existing account. When i log into the forums im directed to a steam page to login using my steam account. Kinda confused of what to do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info