[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

I've been using this port on my MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz i7, 16GB DDR3, OSX 10.8.5 for a few days now, works great! A few texture problems here and there but totally playable and I'm thrilled to have the chance to play this game, so thanks for that.

One issue, has anyone addressed the ctrl+click on a doorway to be able to reset an instance or join another players instance in a league?

I've tried command, option, control + click, none seem to do anything. Any thoughts?
"
Downloaded the latest port. It runs really well once you get in game now, on just default settings, with my mid 2010 MBP. Usual desync, lag spikes, and Piety casting lag-ball-lazorz, but I'm guessing that's the game, not the port. It seem to happen to other people, too.

Well, desync is common issue, the rest is partially the game and partially the port.

"
Load times are up, and long as ever - but I'm still running 1.8. Did they ever get around to fixing that ()map function? I know they at least put in support for OpenGL 4.1 (finally), so perhaps they got around to that, too.

Nope, no improvement in Mawericks at all

"
Nice job, overall.

I have an issue (am I posting in the right place?):
Sometimes, like, 2-3 times every 2 weeks, when I try to open PoE on my mac it states that "Content.ggpk" is corrupted and must be downloaded again.
Haven't found anything like this in the "known issues" so I guess it may be helpful...

But it is very nice to have a mac running game like PoE, great work!
Last edited by caiodoria on Nov 22, 2013, 4:44:29 PM
"
caiodoria wrote:
I have an issue (am I posting in the right place?):
Sometimes, like, 2-3 times every 2 weeks, when I try to open PoE on my mac it states that "Content.ggpk" is corrupted and must be downloaded again.
Haven't found anything like this in the "known issues" so I guess it may be helpful...

But it is very nice to have a mac running game like PoE, great work!

This happens on some people on windows as well.. The best is backup that file reguraly, so you don't have to download it again and again, (altough, when it was patched many times, it's good to delete it and redownload because otherwise it gets fragmented, and may slow game even further. And I don't know if any windows content.ggpk defragmenter would work on mac)
hi i'm trying to get it working on the mac. the game loads but during character select all I see is where you put in your login info and cant see any of the characters. after I manage to get past that, the game is stuck at loading screen. help!!
"
beastlysungy wrote:
hi i'm trying to get it working on the mac. the game loads but during character select all I see is where you put in your login info and cant see any of the characters. after I manage to get past that, the game is stuck at loading screen. help!!

10.6.8 and Intel HD?
I keep getting an issue, where when the application starts up it gets an error saying Unable to create a buffer: 40963 It is usually a sound file or a weapon/armor texture. If anyone knows a fix to this problem that would be great. I already redownloaded the client and it is still doing it so I have no idea what is going on.

EDIT:

http://gyazo.com/d520c9b3501bfde790816876edc4362e Here is a picture of the error that I am having. Now a couple hours later and it is still doing it, I really want to start playing again so if someone could give me some helpful info that would be great
Last edited by TheWandMaster on Nov 24, 2013, 11:54:18 PM
Trying to use this on my new mac, but when I try to open the image it just does absolutely nothing. :(

I'm a mac newb, so troubleshooting isn´t really going too well, anyone got any ideas? :P

-edit-
Yep, like I said, massive newb, had to copy the launcher into applications(obv) for it to work.
Last edited by JiminyBillyBob on Nov 25, 2013, 3:07:22 PM
"
TheWandMaster wrote:
I keep getting an issue, where when the application starts up it gets an error saying Unable to create a buffer: 40963 It is usually a sound file or a weapon/armor texture. If anyone knows a fix to this problem that would be great. I already redownloaded the client and it is still doing it so I have no idea what is going on.

EDIT:

http://gyazo.com/d520c9b3501bfde790816876edc4362e Here is a picture of the error that I am having. Now a couple hours later and it is still doing it, I really want to start playing again so if someone could give me some helpful info that would be great

Which wrapper version are you using ?

how to find version
"
Trying to use this on my new mac, but when I try to open the image it just does absolutely nothing. :(

I'm a mac newb, so troubleshooting isn´t really going too well, anyone got any ideas? :P

-edit-
Yep, like I said, massive newb, had to copy the launcher into applications(obv) for it to work.

don't worry, I had the same issue when I bought the Mac. I used to work with other systems for a loooong time (C64, Amiga, Windows, Linux), and the installation/uninstallation was beyond my imagination (I did not expect to be THAT easy), On windows you are told, run installers or it wont work, and don't delete the program when you are done with it and use uninstaller. On Mac exact opposite :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info