[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
tramshed wrote:
While im not 100% sure about the mac version, on linux turning down the texture quality in the config (should be in something like ~/My Games/Grinding.....) helps with speed. as does using winetricks to disable GLSL

Thanks for the reply. Is texture_quality=1 the lowest? Also, I think that the ridiculous loading times aren't related to the settings. Any insight, Julus?
When i play in fullscreen my mouse disappears. Is there a fix to this?
"
101Bobbie wrote:
"
tramshed wrote:
While im not 100% sure about the mac version, on linux turning down the texture quality in the config (should be in something like ~/My Games/Grinding.....) helps with speed. as does using winetricks to disable GLSL

Thanks for the reply. Is texture_quality=1 the lowest? Also, I think that the ridiculous loading times aren't related to the settings. Any insight, Julus?

Texture quality - 0-5 with 0 the best, 5 the worse.

As for the loading times. That's OSX bug/feature, I cannot do anything about it.
Disabling GLSL breaks the game completely
Is it regular that the game crashes like every 10 minutes?
I've filled 2 new bug (crash introduced with 0.11.6 and crash on resize) reports and actualized 1 old bug (font corruption) to wine developers. Hopefully we will find something.
It goes far higher than 5.
HAIL SATAN!
"
julus wrote:
"
101Bobbie wrote:
"
tramshed wrote:

Texture quality - 0-5 with 0 the best, 5 the worse.

As for the loading times. That's OSX bug/feature, I cannot do anything about it.
Disabling GLSL breaks the game completely

But is it normal that the load times are like 20 minutes on startup and 10-15 minutes to load into the world?
After i downloaded the game, they say me after the launcher "failed resetting Direct3D device objects".

Can someone help me?
"
101Bobbie wrote:
But is it normal that the load times are like 20 minutes on startup and 10-15 minutes to load into the world?

In some cases yes, personally, the inital load takes 5 minutes, and level load takes max 1 minute to load (after clean OSX installation), before that it was double, but not as long as you are reporting (anyway, 10-15 minutes to load world little bit overestimated, game kicks you to lobby when taking more than 5 minutes to load)
"
wowLena wrote:
After i downloaded the game, they say me after the launcher "failed resetting Direct3D device objects".

Can someone help me?

Try 4.0.3/4.1.1b for some people, only one of them works. Hopefully, I'll have permanent solution for this soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info