[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Could someone help me with this.

I have a iMac 2.7 ghz 8 gb memory
While I been struggling trying to play the port, it has been very, very difficult with some areas and the loading times. But I still try to to play and enjoy the game.
With the patch 1.0 now is even worse. I just got disconnected from the Dominus area 5 times in a row, I cant even progress.

Is there anything I can do ? I think the last version Im using is 4.0.2, was it I think.

I have Radeon 6770 so I skipped a few versions since are not compatible.

I dont mind the long loading times and the usual lag and freeze when there are too many things on the screen, but if I cant even fight the final boss you can imagine how I feel !

Any feedback is welcome.

Thank you all
"
seeshores wrote:
EDIT: Never mind. I didn't drag it to my applications folder. I'm a dingus. Please disregard.

I just downloaded the Mac port and it's not starting at all (the launcher doesn't appear). I followed the FAQ and rebooted my laptop.

After double-clicking the Path of Exiles icon, it briefly bounces on my dock and give me the prompt box that states "“Path Of Exile” is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?" I click open and then nothing happens.

Here's the info on my system:

MacBook Air - 13-inch, Mid 2011
Processor 1.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Serial Number C02G22FSDJWT
Software OS X 10.9 (13A603)

I'm attempting to launch v4.1.1b. I just updated to Mavericks so I'm wondering if that is causing the issue.

If there's somewhere else I should direct my question, please let me know! :)

Thanks for any help or advice anyone can offer.

Did you try right-click open....that's what I had to use on first open, and dbl clk was fine after that.
"Truth be told, I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore." Stephen Hawkins
Hello! I apologise if this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find anything on it. My keyboard shortcuts are completely not working at all. Pressing 1-5 for potions, Q, W etc for skills, I for inventory, P for passives - whatever it is, none of them work. I have tried switching around the shortcuts to no avail. I know my keyboard is working and detected ingame, because when I press ESC for menu, that pops up.

Other than that, this installs perfectly for me, I can get into the game fine and move around with no issues. Basically anything using the mouse is perfect but the keyboard is dead.

Help, anyone?

Edit to add, my system info:
iMac 27" Mid-2011
OS X 10.8.5
Memory 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512MB
Wrapper 4.1.1b
Last edited by bluecaravan on Oct 24, 2013, 8:26:51 PM
Hello, I have a problem to run the game.
I playing before in my Mac, but now the game don't wanna run :/

Error: "Failed resetting Direct3D device objects" and after his close.

My config:

MacBook Pro - 13-inch, Mid 2012
Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Serial Number CPWL1YUTDTY3
Software OS X 10.9 (13A603)

I try, unmark the "Use Mac Driver instead of X11" but still the error...

Someone help me please :/

----EDIT

I put the resolution in "800" and "600" and fullscreen off
and RUN!

Someone know why i can't put a high resolution?
IGN: Kyoph
Shadow, lvl 44 - (Dual Dagger) - (not yet CI e-e)

...Never give up, no matter the difficulty... ;)
Last edited by Verlique on Oct 24, 2013, 11:34:50 PM
"
julus wrote:
"
krifFinn wrote:
"
julus wrote:
The both 4.1.1 and 4.0.3 were made and tested on maverick, so something off on your side?

(anyway, as I updated to maverick like half year ago, I don't remember if I had to change something :/

Ok, I think I got it now. I just trashed my old PoE wrapper install and made a fresh one, with wrapper 4.1. that is. Hopefully the game's official release won't bring new issues.

Actually, I hope the game will work again on older wrappers, I don't like the changes which needed to be done to get this going again.

I can see your point. As for my problem, it still exists. So basically what happens is when I double-click PoE.app to open it flashes a few time on the dock like it s trying to open but then closes suddenly. Then the launcher appears for a brief moment and the dock gets flooded with PoE icons. Something's really messed up because the game just tries to open up again and again while it is sort of running already. Such a silly problem :) I can, however, run PoE with Test run from the PoE.apps Wineskin file but it isn't very convenient...

"
blackspiral wrote:
* A lot of snips, sorry for that.*

With the patch 1.0 now is even worse. I just got disconnected from the Dominus area 5 times in a row, I cant even progress.

I dont mind the long loading times and the usual lag and freeze when there are too many things on the screen, but if I cant even fight the final boss you can imagine how I feel !

I can feel your pain. Looks like it is the same issues all over again that were persistent with Piety fight earlier in Open Beta. I have yet to clear the new content, but not really looking forward to that if it's going to be disconnects and memory-related crashes.

"
bluecaravan wrote:
Hello! I apologise if this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find anything on it. My keyboard shortcuts are completely not working at all. Pressing 1-5 for potions, Q, W etc for skills, I for inventory, P for passives - whatever it is, none of them work. I have tried switching around the shortcuts to no avail. I know my keyboard is working and detected ingame, because when I press ESC for menu, that pops up.

Other than that, this installs perfectly for me, I can get into the game fine and move around with no issues. Basically anything using the mouse is perfect but the keyboard is dead.

*snip*

Are you playing full screen or windowed, or windowed full screen? Could be related to not playing in "true" full screen.

Do you have other apps running in the background? Try closing them and then playing again.

Any keyboard shortcuts in OS X could also cause the issues you mentioned so check your system preferences for probable causes eg. any Mission Control shortcuts and so on.
Hi guys, i get also the "Failed resetting Direct3D device objects" error even after unchecking the box.
I am running the Game on OSX 10.9 atm with an Intel HD 4000.
Does 10.9 provides any problems?

Edit: Ok the error is a Resolution Problem. If i start the game in a smaller Window it does not appear.
Last edited by HotOreo on Oct 25, 2013, 7:43:18 AM
hi i just downloaded and installed this all works fine until loading into the starting area.

immediately crashes and can see my character on the beach with a man with an ! above his head.

this is the error received
Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000003 in 32-bit code (0x48adb2bb)

any way to fix this?

running on 10.8.5 but now upgrading to mavericks as i saw a post that this was made and tested on it once updated to mavericks i shall report my findings.

if you could private message me with an answer it would be greatly appreciated

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

NOT SURE WHAT I DID, MAYBE GC1 FIX OR CREATING A NEW CHARACTER BUT NOW GAME IS WORKING FINE. MORAL OF THE STORY.... KEEP TRYING YOU'LL GET THERE ;)

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************
Last edited by anonymatt on Oct 25, 2013, 7:42:13 AM
"
"
bluecaravan wrote:

*snip*

Are you playing full screen or windowed, or windowed full screen? Could be related to not playing in "true" full screen.

Do you have other apps running in the background? Try closing them and then playing again.

Any keyboard shortcuts in OS X could also cause the issues you mentioned so check your system preferences for probable causes eg. any Mission Control shortcuts and so on.

Thank you for your suggestions. I tried changing back and forth from full screen to windowed to windowed full screen and the problem persisted in all cases. I also closed all apps and tried, no dice. I never use Mission Control and all of my Mac shortcuts are pretty much the default so I don't know what it could be.

By sheer dumb luck, however, I have found the trigger to make keys work - pressing them together with the Control key. i.e. control-M makes my microtransactions pop up, control-P my passives, etc.

I have ABSOLUTELY no idea why this should be the case. If anyone has a clue, help would be appreciated!

EDIT: Problem solved! It had to do with my keyboard input layout - I have Japanese keyboard enabled by default and when I type in English, I switch to Japanese - Romaji which for all purposes is exactly the same as US English. Apparently, PoE doesn't like Japanese - Romaji. Switching to US English fixed it.
Last edited by bluecaravan on Oct 25, 2013, 8:43:32 PM
hi all,

using this client for a while now to play POE, only known problems so far, lags@bosses etc.

But since update to 1.0 I experience lots of crashes lately. at least 6 times the last 2 days.

Anyone else had this?

I used to use 4.1.1, after one crash my content package got corrupted, so I did a fresh install wit 4.0.3.

Seems to be the same....

Any ideas?

thanks
Last edited by gnujuba on Oct 25, 2013, 8:51:00 AM
I have the same issue as the player above me.
I've tried redownloading & patching twice on each version now, but still no luck.

Ps,
I have this problem at start up. When starting the app up, it shows the small patching screen and then suddenly the error.

Edit:

Sometimes it does start up, but then the screen goes white and i get the 3D error.
Last edited by Caperon on Oct 25, 2013, 8:43:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info