[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

I had the strange 30-60 minute freezing bug with previous versions, and with 3.8 it seems to be fixed! Strangely enough, 4.0.2 still freezes fairly reliably for me. I had this freeze with 3.1, 3.6, 3.7, 4.0.1, and 4.0.2, and I had tried to get a custom-built wine to crash, but I was unable to get the built version of wine to actually run.

I'm on 10.8.2 on an rMBP 15" with a GeForce 650M with the internal display and two external monitors attached.

Thanks again for the amazing work!
Took a long time for it to finally work, but I finally got the game up and running. Thanks for all your work!

Will post back if I run into any bugs during gameplay.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does this client run cross platform multiplayer? Meaning, if a friend of mine downloads this for her mac, will I be able to play MP with her on my pc?
Finally got a chance to play through the game a bit. Is the Fetid Pool supposed to be completely pitch black, did i miss something? Or is it an error in the game -- for us mac users?
"
xLupus5646 wrote:
Finally got a chance to play through the game a bit. Is the Fetid Pool supposed to be completely pitch black, did i miss something? Or is it an error in the game -- for us mac users?

Probably a mac issue. Pc version works
"
"
xLupus5646 wrote:

Hence why I'm in a Mac OS X thread, the same one that I downloaded the client port from.

Forgot to mention in the first post, I'm on a mid 2009 macbook pro, version 10.6.8. I downloaded v4.0.2 off page 1. Everything seems to be working fine, its just that one zone thats pitch black, like the caves in pokemon where you need the flash HM to get through, lol.
"
xLupus5646 wrote:
"
"
xLupus5646 wrote:

Hence why I'm in a Mac OS X thread, the same one that I downloaded the client port from.

Forgot to mention in the first post, I'm on a mid 2009 macbook pro, version 10.6.8. I downloaded v4.0.2 off page 1. Everything seems to be working fine, its just that one zone thats pitch black, like the caves in pokemon where you need the flash HM to get through, lol.

Oh, I thought you were just askin if it was supposed to be like that. Also, if you play the mac version of this, do you know if you can play with people with pc versions of the game? I am curious D:
"
xLupus5646 wrote:

Turn off post processing

"
Oh, I thought you were just askin if it was supposed to be like that. Also, if you play the mac version of this, do you know if you can play with people with pc versions of the game? I am curious D:

Well, you are running original windows version in mac, so what do you think? (hint: yes)
"
julus wrote:
"

Well, you are running original windows version in mac, so what do you think? (hint: yes)

I am on a pc. A friend of mine has a mac laptop and I want to know if we can play together even though our systems are different and this is an unnoficial version. If we can't, it kind of defeats the purpose of her getting it. :P
"
"
julus wrote:
"

I am on a pc. A friend of mine has a mac laptop and I want to know if we can play together even though our systems are different and this is an unnoficial version. If we can't, it kind of defeats the purpose of her getting it. :P

Yup! The game's code is unaltered from the Windows version (as julus stated, it actually is the Windows version). However, the game has some sticky spots when run on Mac, it lags when loading new spell effects and animations, as well as taking longer during load screens. I guess it's up to you and your friend to decide if that makes it too hard to play together.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info