[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
julus wrote:
"
xLupus5646 wrote:
Hence why I'm in a Mac OS X thread, the same one that I downloaded the client port from.

Forgot to mention in the first post, I'm on a mid 2009 macbook pro, version 10.6.8. I downloaded v4.0.2 off page 1. Everything seems to be working fine, its just that one zone thats pitch black, like the caves in pokemon where you need the flash HM to get through, lol.

Turn off post processing

ahh, thank you.
"
PoptartOnRye wrote:
Yup! The game's code is unaltered from the Windows version (as julus stated, it actually is the Windows version). However, the game has some sticky spots when run on Mac, it lags when loading new spell effects and animations, as well as taking longer during load screens. I guess it's up to you and your friend to decide if that makes it too hard to play together.

Thanks man, for some reason my brain couldn't grasp what julus had said, so I thought he was saying that we were both on mac's and that it would work cause of that :P And those are some good things to know, I will tell her that.
Just want to say thank you for the great work!
I do not want to install Windows so this allows me to play the Game and it its working fine. Fluently and looking good.

Thanks a lot :)
I'm user of Mac OS and I have a solution

Open PoE of mac with right click - Show Contents
Open WineSkin and go to Advanced Options

in custom line put this --patching-server pathofexile.com:3724
solved :)
"
warlock47 wrote:
I'm user of Mac OS and I have a solution

Open PoE of mac with right click - Show Contents
Open WineSkin and go to Advanced Options

in custom line put this --patching-server pathofexile.com:3724
solved :)

And this should be solution to which problem precisely?
Games runs great, aside from some big frame rate drops when I run into rare packs and bosses. I play HC and always have to burn a granite to make sure I live through those hairy 3 seconds.

Hopefully we can get a fix. I've already put $20 into the game for stash tabs, lets get some more micros GGG.
For me Act 2 & 3 are almost unplayable, mainly due to constant frames dropping & lowering graphic settings doesn't seem to make any difference. Act 1 for some reason was playable for the most part.

No issues on the Windows side, works perfectly at highest settings. But thanks for the port, It is getting better, can't really complain when the game is free and the port is unofficial =P If somehow most of the frame drops are resolved that would be amazing =)

Specs
2011 iMac
Core i5 2.7GHz
4GB Memory
Radeon HD 6770M 512MB
So I downloaded this last night and it worked fine, no issues at all. When I opened it up today the window screen is the size of a postage stamp. I have attempted to go into wine and force full screen and also re-size the windows manual. Full screen won't load video and manually adjusting the screen size isn't helping anything either.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this.

Thank you
"
kch0060 wrote:
So I downloaded this last night and it worked fine, no issues at all. When I opened it up today the window screen is the size of a postage stamp. I have attempted to go into wine and force full screen and also re-size the windows manual. Full screen won't load video and manually adjusting the screen size isn't helping anything either.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this.

Thank you

cmd + enter. worked for me :)
It worked fine for about 3 hours and then crashed. Now when I try to play it it gives me a RUNTIME error and won't allow me to open the game.

Is there a way to fix this? I'm not very computer savvy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info