[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Quick update for my experience in 4.0.2 (had a annoying mouse bug + mouse lag in 4.0.1):
The 'mouse lag' (= there was like a delay on the mouvement of the mouse) is gone. But the the other bug still persists. The game doesn't register all my mouse clicks. Meaning that I often have to clic twice for it to register it.

I still don't use any programs for dashboard or anything.

Hafuu
www.nicolaswidart.com
Last edited by Hafuu on Feb 19, 2013, 2:19:52 AM
Have exactly same issue as Hafuu, in 4.0.1 and 4.0.2.
Has is something to do with Razer mouse?
"
Viiva wrote:

Did you both tried to use "SteerMouse" as driver?
"
Viiva wrote:

Not that I know of. I have used both DeathAdder and Imperator with Wine without any problems. They both have official Mac drivers by Razer, though.
Seems to work a little bit better with this update.
I've noticed that the lag spikes are caused always and especially when i use the spell "ice shot".

Without lag spikes, game work well.

For mouse offset, i configured in .ini :
resolution 800*1280
full screen ON
vysnc off
post process off

Macbook pro 13''
2.7 GHz i7
Intel HD Graphics 3000
16 Go RAM 1333 MHz DDR3
Last edited by Revox on Feb 19, 2013, 4:30:00 AM
"
Kasom wrote:
"
Viiva wrote:

Did you both tried to use "SteerMouse" as driver?

Nope. I have official drivers for Naga.
And Steermouse costs 20$ :S
"
julus wrote:

Because, welcome to Apple. think different does not mean different is better. The worst lags are caused by OSX and only way to fix it is not use it. On High details the summon skelleton skill lags game for 7,8s, from which 6s is OSX loading it to memory (this is done in fraction of second on windows and linux), also it is the same reason for long loading times. the remaining time is GPU driver trying to make the game sync again.

I've already opened bug at Apple with a test case about year ago, and they closed it as duplicate. So they know about it, but if or when it does get fixed is in the stars...

And I can't ask GGG devs to don't use map* functions in the game, just because of few Mac users...

Are you seriously blaming OS X for lags that are OBVIOUSLY caused by the fact that it is running on a layer of emulation? If there is one thing that emulation should be awful with, it's graphics. The bottleneck happens at the emulator level, not at the OS level.

"
julus wrote:

Don't compare native ports. WoW and D3 was made natively for Mac. Also Blizzard have a lot of resources to spare on mac version of game.

So you do admit that the lags have nothing to do with OS X and everything to do with the emulation.

"
julus wrote:

According downloads, there are about 4000 mac PoE gamers... which is less than 4% of all PoE gamers... (not so much big anomyre. eh)?

Not counting those playing in VMWare, BootCamp or those who also have a gaming PC on the side. I know that if there was a native Mac port, I'd be more than glad to use my Mac instead of my PC to play.
"
Nicymarbot wrote:
"
julus wrote:

Because, welcome to Apple. think different does not mean different is better. The worst lags are caused by OSX and only way to fix it is not use it. On High details the summon skelleton skill lags game for 7,8s, from which 6s is OSX loading it to memory (this is done in fraction of second on windows and linux), also it is the same reason for long loading times. the remaining time is GPU driver trying to make the game sync again.

I've already opened bug at Apple with a test case about year ago, and they closed it as duplicate. So they know about it, but if or when it does get fixed is in the stars...

And I can't ask GGG devs to don't use map* functions in the game, just because of few Mac users...

Are you seriously blaming OS X for lags that are OBVIOUSLY caused by the fact that it is running on a layer of emulation? If there is one thing that emulation should be awful with, it's graphics. The bottleneck happens at the emulator level, not at the OS level.

Yes, I am seriously blaming the OSX for lags, as long as this test code will yeld this result:

And FYI, Wine is not emulator nothing is emulated here

"
Nicymarbot wrote:
"
julus wrote:

Don't compare native ports. WoW and D3 was made natively for Mac. Also Blizzard have a lot of resources to spare on mac version of game.

So you do admit that the lags have nothing to do with OS X and everything to do with the emulation.

They have and they don't. Some lag goes from game, but the main part is from OSX itself - can be resolved by preloading (with a cost of longer loading screens). Also, when the developers are developing things for mac, they try not use mmap for big files, as it gets really slow.

EDIT: this can be (possibly) also solved if GGG would stop using 5GB pack file and use small files (max 50mb) instead.

"
Nicymarbot wrote:
"
julus wrote:

According downloads, there are about 4000 mac PoE gamers... which is less than 4% of all PoE gamers... (not so much big anomyre. eh)?

Not counting those playing in VMWare, BootCamp or those who also have a gaming PC on the side. I know that if there was a native Mac port, I'd be more than glad to use my Mac instead of my PC to play.

Even if there was a native version, it still will be a small portion of users (way below 10%) .
Last edited by julus on Feb 19, 2013, 6:57:16 AM
Hey Julus... Is the mmap problem also relevant when the whole file is in ramdisk or would it be possible to fore the file into memory. 5 GB is not that much :)
"
Kasom wrote:
Hey Julus... Is the mmap problem also relevant when the whole file is in ramdisk or would it be possible to fore the file into memory. 5 GB is not that much :)
already tried that, it does not help, because of way how mmaping on osx works.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info