"
Pweres wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:
FleepQC is correct.

The zone decides the level.
Magic mob drop +1 level
Rare and uniques +2.

The exp of a magic mob is twice, rare quartuple, unique sextuple of a white mob.
Is this info correct? It feels like blues are worth closer to 4x and rares about 10x. And the reward for Uniques seems to vary a lot.

Im fairly sure blues are closer to 4-5x white xp too. Should be pretty easy to check exact numbers if anyone cares to do so.
IGN: KoTao
I said this to Pwere already, but I'll say it here again. You simply can't remove the penalty because it would make Descent too gear dependant. Someone with insane RNG, who finds a storm cloud could skip 2-3 zones and then out level everyone else, while everyone else is struggling in a lower level zone with normal or bad gear. 1 unique could effectively decide the winner every single time and it would only encourage mindless rushing and give players with good rng too much of an edge over players with worse rng who are not able to skip these zones as a result of worse rng.

I mean sure if you want descent to be an RNG fest then remove the level exp, but it's a terrible idea if you want it to be somewhat competitive and fair.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Aug 3, 2013, 5:45:50 AM
"
Im fairly sure blues are closer to 4-5x white xp too. Should be pretty easy to check exact numbers if anyone cares to do so.

I might have mixed it up with HP but there is a dev posting in a thread mentioning Exp and HP.
"
SlixSC wrote:
I said this to Pwere already, but I'll say it here again. You simply can't remove the penalty because it would make Descent too gear dependant. Someone with insane RNG, who finds a storm cloud could skip 2-3 zones and then out level everyone else, while everyone else is struggling in a lower level zone with normal or bad gear. 1 unique could effectively decide the winner every single time and it would only encourage mindless rushing and give players with good rng too much of an edge over players with worse rng who are not able to skip these zones as a result of worse rng.

I mean sure if you want descent to be an RNG fest then remove the level exp, but it's a terrible idea if you want it to be somewhat competitive and fair.

Someone with a stormcloud from the lvl9 area is going to win anyway. Anyone who gets a godly unique/drop early on and has even moderate skills to back it up is going to take 1st in class and probably make a leaderboard run as well. Theres no need to skip whole zones when you can 1-shot everything.

Removing the xp penalty would just prevent the opposite rng, where 2-3 zones in a row have low density and no blues, leaving the player literally unable to keep up since once youre underleveled, it tends to become a vicious circle where even full clears wont bring you to par for the next zone, not to mention the time lost with full clearing.

Descent does have way too much rng- considering half the classes will progress 50%~ faster with a drop only gem, its actually already much less competitive than standard races-, but id rather have a few players get an occasional easy win from a rare drop, than have many players end up in unwinnable situations through no fault of their own due to (lack of) monster spawns.

Fixed seeds and monster spawns would be even better, but the devs have proven pretty loathe to eliminate most of the rng aspects of racing so its hard to see that happening.

Edit: No xp penalty would also add a nice tension to the races, specifically the choice between fast/easy xp, or slow/hard xp with a chance to pull ahead if you execute well.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Aug 3, 2013, 7:23:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info