Build of the Week Video #9

Video #9 has been uploaded!

This week we demonstrate Faerwin's unarmed Marauder build which uses the Facebreaker unique item to kill enemies in one punch.

If you'd like to submit your own build for consideration, please do so here.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Best usage of the word 'congratulations', ever.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
amazing build, I love playing unarmed characters in games, and got pretty excited the first time i heard of face breakers.

one day... Ill have them...
Brother Laz designed some uniques?
That's the best thing ever. This guy really has 'something'. His Median XL mod kept me glued to D2 for years after I got bored with regular D2exp.
If new skills are to be implemented to the game, I'm sure this guy has one or 2 bright ideas, just like facebreaker :)
Congratulations to the build of the week.
Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum - That's nature for you.
"
KhelThuzad wrote:
Brother Laz designed some uniques?

Yes, this and Springleaf iirc.
Also, Facebreaker was a MXL unique.

I second the sentiment on MXL. I played it for about 2 years and was in a hiatus when a little bird told me about PoE... :)
nice video,i like it.nice build too.i just watch on you tube.since my english is bad,one thing confuse me.or word,to be precise...nerf,nerfing.what that mean,please?
"
begzadreso wrote:
nice video,i like it.nice build too.i just watch on you tube.since my english is bad,one thing confuse me.or word,to be precise...nerf,nerfing.what that mean,please?

it means to make something weaker, less powerful
I should clarify that the two things we're changing are both basically bug fixes. Having weapon elemental damage or quivers affect unarmed attacks wasn't really intended.

I shouldn't have used the word "nerf" in the video, judging by the youtube comments :P
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
I guess he'll just have to swap to a shield, like maybe that legendary with a 48% block chance.

As to the elemental nerf, I agree with that decision. I think a big part was the 40%-fire quiver, and the elemental boosts just pushed it way too far.

I'm looking at a build like this after the nerf is made. Only need to focus on strength and survivability, maybe incorporate phase run for more one-shot power.
The fact that you guys are having BrotherLaz design uniques for your game excites me. Just upped from my 10 dollar beta access to silver status. The amount of dedication GGG has and the way you are so actively involved with your supporters makes the decision a no-brainer. You guys rock.

As far as the build, it looks incredible. The "rebalancing" seems justified. I hope unarmed remains viable in the future as I loved playing monks in NWN and had fun making an unarmed menace in Skyrim.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info