[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

Will do, however, every boss so far is peanuts.
"
Oldfella wrote:
Will do, however, every boss so far is peanuts.

merciless oak is kinda of a pain :)

temp chains + enfeeble works pretty well though
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
another update on my progress, I am currently level 54 just got into merc not to long ago. Piety was kind of a pain but I managed to solo my whole way to her wasn't going to back down now.

I did find something that really helped by that point I as able to use 2 specters along with my 6 zombies so I picked up a burning miscration and a cave beast. the un-righteous fire fomr burning miscreation + hp drain from cave beast made that fight like 900% easier she took constant damage + my zombies eating her face.

current gear:

my resistances are trash but that hasn't been a problem so far because I have been staying out of the fight and cursing people because at this point zombies just steam roll through everything. I have been focusing on IIR/IIQ gear and am currently at 134% IIR and like 23% IIQ not bad I think, other then the fact that I had to dump a lot of jewelers and fusing into that hat to get it 4 linked but I think it was worth it.

passive tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAP0HYwj0EVAUsBdQGYUabBzcJDwnqSqYMYg6MDvhSOdJUUwtTblVxlcrWm1fKmvbbRlzU3RVeQN8zn0Yfll_xoIehWCIQIt6j0aQM5Mnm6GdrqKjpqynCKcrp1yqxKyYvJ-_l8BUwfPDbck9zLzPZdDQ1BnZC-L345_r5OwY7IryHvfX-oA=

my next points are going into getting the hp nodes to get weight lifting, then working my way to grave pact.

final thoughts still loving summoners.
I host Good Morning Wraeclast the #1 video source of Path of exile news and information! check the show out. https://www.youtube.com/user/HCMonstrLP
I wouldn't recommend focusing on IIR at this point.
You should focus on ES/RES first.
You also might hit a brick wall on merciless sewers cause of the chaos damage.
Either get some help or go CI.
After that keep farming Docks (up to 68ish level) then Lunaris all the way up to 80 if you want :D.

When you get some decent res and 3k ES you can start doing the low level maps. With CI of course.

IIR will come by it self, don't focus on that early on :).

If you need a pair of bones of ullr boots let me know, i got few in stash.

You can have 1 for free.

And your weapon does not help you one bit.

You should be looking like this type of weapons.

I highly recommend this. I think i might have one that you can use.

Let me know.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Aug 2, 2013, 8:01:03 PM
tip for those that think merc oak is a problem: before fighting him go into the water fall cave and specter the chaos damage over time bears, get 2 if you can. killed him in under 5 seconds took no damage no minions died.
I host Good Morning Wraeclast the #1 video source of Path of exile news and information! check the show out. https://www.youtube.com/user/HCMonstrLP
"
tip for those that think merc oak is a problem: before fighting him go into the water fall cave and specter the chaos damage over time bears, get 2 if you can. killed him in under 5 seconds took no damage no minions died.

Added.
IGN Riokar | My guides
"
Rathik2 wrote:
I tried a 20% level 16 faster attacks which totals 50% attack speed.

I don't, it feels to me like multistrike does a bit more damage.
Multistrike > Faster Attacks > Minion Damage. So yes, if you took out Multistrike, then that how it would feel.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Aug 3, 2013, 4:53:30 AM
Lovely to be a summoner.

Just did Catacombs (lvl 53) while i am lvl 48. Pretty hard but managed to survive and reach the endplateau. Looties:

2 chaos
5% superior minion & totem elemental resistance
Soul Mantle
Several cheaper orbs, stones, scraps
Just wanted to post and say that I was inspired to try Summoner after reading this guide. I'm level 34 now and loving it. I decided to level as summoner so it's still quite difficult and slow, but I've read that things just get better the higher level you get.

Notables so far : 14Q Zombies, 29/10 Perandus Belt

At 40 I'll be using my 5-link ES chest that I had on another character. What do you suggest I put in there? I was thinking Zombies- Multistrike - Melee Splash - Minion Life - Rarity

But didnt know if something else would be better than minion life

Thanks!
"
Mc_Coy wrote:
Just wanted to post and say that I was inspired to try Summoner after reading this guide. I'm level 34 now and loving it. I decided to level as summoner so it's still quite difficult and slow, but I've read that things just get better the higher level you get.

Notables so far : 14Q Zombies, 29/10 Perandus Belt

At 40 I'll be using my 5-link ES chest that I had on another character. What do you suggest I put in there? I was thinking Zombies- Multistrike - Melee Splash - Minion Life - Rarity

But didnt know if something else would be better than minion life

Thanks!

Zombies- Multistrike - Melee Splash - Minion damage - IIR/IIQ

Some people argue that Zombies- Multistrike - Melee Splash - Faster attacks does more DPS.
I tested it, I didn't notice any difference BUT faster attacks does not boost the damage from minion instability were minion damage does increase the explosion damage.

Wiki link
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Minion_Instability

More damage = faster clears = more items.
If a zombie dies just re summon it.

And yes, as I said before minions are weak early levels.
You should be focusing on ES and res when leaving.
Farming gear goes with the end build.
Some uniques that i have listed in the leveling section are cheap and extremely effective.
Get them.
IGN Riokar | My guides
Last edited by Rathik2 on Aug 3, 2013, 12:36:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info