[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
xSJx wrote:
Rathik, you should try faster attacks instead of minion damage for your zombies and see how you like it :).

I know, I tried it, I just don't like the green color socket.
Well outside of color prejudice there's no reason not to. Since zoms have no base increase to attack speed (and Multistrike is a "more" bonus), it's 44% more damage, 54% with quality. After Multistrike and passive tree, Zombies have about 190% increased damage before Minion Damage, which means its 92% increase is only 31% more damage even with max quality. Plus Faster Attacks has a lower cost multiplier. Simply put, not using Faster Attacks is a mistake on your part.

Thanks for the info. I'll give it another try.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Aug 1, 2013, 1:55:44 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
xSJx wrote:
Rathik, you should try faster attacks instead of minion damage for your zombies and see how you like it :).

I know, I tried it, I just don't like the green color socket.
Well outside of color prejudice there's no reason not to. Since zoms have no base increase to attack speed (and Multistrike is a "more" bonus), it's 44% more damage, 54% with quality. After Multistrike and passive tree, Zombies have about 190% increased damage before Minion Damage, which means its 92% increase is only 31% more damage even with max quality. Plus Faster Attacks has a lower cost multiplier. Simply put, not using Faster Attacks is a mistake on your part.

I tried a 20% level 16 faster attacks which totals 50% attack speed.

I don't, it feels to me like multistrike does a bit more damage.

Used them vs Kole, it looked to me with multistrike he was going down a bit faster.

Either way, both are viable, so take your pick.

Personally I'll stick with MS cause of the socket color.

IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Added video section.
IGN Riokar | My guides
"
xSJx wrote:
I killed normal merveil with fireball if i recall correctly, had been leveling it to use vs cold resist enemies.

Thanks, fireball did the trick. I had to level one up a bit first. I also leveled up fire trap after equipping some +dex gloves, and wore a cold resistance ring that brought my total CR up to 66%. While farming for the xp I also found a +1 minion gem rare circlet with linked sockets for Summon Skeletons and Added Fire Damage. I ran Clarity and Anger during the fight and still had enough mana pool and regen to spam fireballs, traps and skeletons. Phase 2 was even easier since I could also summon zombies from the corpses. This setup made her fairly trivial so if any other new players with mediocre equipment are trying this build I would highly recommend this strategy against normal Merveil when minions are still weak.
"
RedRover57 wrote:
"
xSJx wrote:
I killed normal merveil with fireball if i recall correctly, had been leveling it to use vs cold resist enemies.

Thanks, fireball did the trick. I had to level one up a bit first. I also leveled up fire trap after equipping some +dex gloves, and wore a cold resistance ring that brought my total CR up to 66%. While farming for the xp I also found a +1 minion gem rare circlet with linked sockets for Summon Skeletons and Added Fire Damage. I ran Clarity and Anger during the fight and still had enough mana pool and regen to spam fireballs, traps and skeletons. Phase 2 was even easier since I could also summon zombies from the corpses. This setup made her fairly trivial so if any other new players with mediocre equipment are trying this build I would highly recommend this strategy against normal Merveil when minions are still weak.

Added in External tips.
IGN Riokar | My guides
Colonnade video added.
IGN Riokar | My guides
"
Rathik2 wrote:

I tried a 20% level 16 faster attacks which totals 50% attack speed.

I don't, it feels to me like multistrike does a bit more damage.

Used them vs Kole, it looked to me with multistrike he was going down a bit faster.

Either way, both are viable, so take your pick.

Personally I'll stick with MS cause of the socket color.

We mean replace minion damage with faster attacks, not multistrike :P

It definitely does more dps, the synergy with multistrike is awesome. Zombies + multistrike + melee splash + faster attacks is the way to go in a 4l for max damage IMO.

Edit: watched videos, looks pretty solid.

Another edit: glad to help redrover57 :)

fire trap is awesome too, I forgot to mention those. I made two shadows, ran them to kill hillock, and traded the fire traps to my witch. Those combined with fireball give you a single target and aoe fire skill to deal with cold resist mobs while leveling as a cold witch using ice nova and freeze pulse. Maybe I should write a guide to leveling a summoner as someone with no gear, I've done it twice getting the hang of it :D
Last edited by xSJx on Aug 1, 2013, 9:05:36 PM
Added Pier map.
Crazy map, was pretty fun.

Recording it gave me a shit load of FPS issue.
The video is good quality though.
IGN Riokar | My guides
Still enjoying the build, just finished a lvl 44 area while I am lvl 40.

I noticed a big difference since I am using
"
Oldfella wrote:
Still enjoying the build, just finished a lvl 44 area while I am lvl 40.

I noticed a big difference since I am using

The stats on that shield should be on an armor IMO.
And the shield should have been in a base resist shield, like angelic or archon.

Summoners need some love on the armor department.

Anyway, as I said, if you need any help on boss etc let me know.
IGN Riokar | My guides

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info