[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

"
sgtmadman wrote:
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
sgtmadman wrote:
ok so here is my gear doing merc docks and it is so damn slow to kill stuff any advice or somehting and i am useing the build posted

Ok, first of all damage affixes, spell, crit etc are worthless, your minions do not benefit from it.
The damage that Arc will gain is pitiful. Arc is not used as a damage spell.

Second, your support gems are really very low level. Lots of DPS loss from there.
This is the most important part. Apart from the few uniques that boost damage the only way to add more DPS is with gems.
You need to aim for 20/20 gems. I can't stress this enough. Its an absolute necessity to keep your DPS up to par with higher level areas.

Use LMP over GMP.

Use sidhebreath amulet if you need more DPS. The only benefit you getting from your amulet is the cold resist and the attributes, all the rest are wasted.

Use perandus belt, absolutely amazing belt for this build. Dexterity is a pain to get.

Drop clarity for haste, clarity is pretty much worthless for this build.
Your boots have the right color for your auras, you should always use boots or gloves for auras and specters, use Arc on helmet. This will come handy when you are fighting temple piety.
Read strategy section for more info.

Use vulnerability curse + temporal chains/enfeeble or go with two DPS curse.

Take a look at my gear/gems and try to match it.

If you are still leveling ignore IIR/IIQ. Focus on survival and minion DPS.

Post your skill tree also.

Other than that, your setup looks fine. You just need levels.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAP0HYwx9EH8QlxFQFLAVUBXXF1AabBzcHRQnqSj6KpgsvzlSOjA74UQESOdMLU25Tm1WY1crWAdakV8qZp5qrGvbbRlxTXNTdFV8zn0Yfll_xoIegseFYIauiECLeo9GkDOTJ5uhna6io6aspwinK6h9qsSsmLiTu9a8N7-XwcXB88Ntxp7JPcy80NDT-9eG2Qva3eL35oHr5Ovu7BjsivIe99f6gPrS this is my skill tree so far

Your build is fine.
You should have gone for Mind and matter first.
That way you can get some STR faster which you can save a skill point from the 30STR nodes.
After that you can go for Nullification if you need some extra DEX.
You will need at level 20 gems, 153DEX for haste, 108/109 STR for melee splash/reduce mana.

Using perandus belt will save you 2 skill points. Aim for a 29+ attributes.
A 28+ perandus plus the easily reachable DEX notes will give you 152 DEX which means you will have to spend another skill point to get the required DEX or use a gear that has some DEX on it which might limit your IIR/IIQ choices.

Plan ahead.

IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Sep 7, 2013, 11:38:04 AM
Do you think inner force is still worth it to get w/ only 3 auras due to the nerf (even tho i know they buffed it to 15 now). I was looking to see if there's any other good options & the only ones i could really see it either 30% more ES CD or 10% more cast speed both close to CI.

I know CS isn't all that important to sue because we aren't doing the damage but it helps cast minions faster making us more mobile & cast arc faster for more culling opportunities. Just come down to whether anybody think that 21% increase to Discipline, Haste, & Purity (I'm ognna go out on a limb & say most ppl will put Purity as 3rd aura) vs either 30% ES CD or 10% Cast Speed. What do yall think?
"
JMag85 wrote:
Do you think inner force is still worth it to get w/ only 3 auras due to the nerf (even tho i know they buffed it to 15 now). I was looking to see if there's any other good options & the only ones i could really see it either 30% more ES CD or 10% more cast speed both close to CI.

I know CS isn't all that important to sue because we aren't doing the damage but it helps cast minions faster making us more mobile & cast arc faster for more culling opportunities. Just come down to whether anybody think that 21% increase to Discipline, Haste, & Purity (I'm ognna go out on a limb & say most ppl will put Purity as 3rd aura) vs either 30% ES CD or 10% Cast Speed. What do yall think?

This is a topic that I made few days back to see what you getting exactly from inner force

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/504778

"
Haste
6% move speed -> 7.26 (1.26 gain)
13% cast speed -> 15.73 (2.73 gain)
13% attack speed -> 15.73 (2.73 gain)

Discipline
215 energy shield -> 260.15 (45.15 gain)

Purity
27% all resistance -> 32.67 (5.67 gain)
4% max resistance -> 4.84 (0.84 gain)

Decimal values don't count. They are rounded down.

Dropping Inner force will not break the build one bit.
Its a trade off, of those gains vs 3 skills you can use somewhere else.
Remember that auras affects minions also.

I was also thinking to drop inner force for something else.
It all comes down to your gear I guess :).

IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
JMag85 wrote:

This is a topic that I made few days back to see what you getting exactly from inner force

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/504778

"
Haste
6% move speed -> 7.26 (1.26 gain)
13% cast speed -> 15.73 (2.73 gain)
13% attack speed -> 15.73 (2.73 gain)

Discipline
215 energy shield -> 260.15 (45.15 gain)

Purity
27% all resistance -> 32.67 (5.67 gain)
4% max resistance -> 4.84 (0.84 gain)

Decimal values don't count. They are rounded down.

Dropping Inner force will not break the build one bit.
Its a trade off, of those gains vs 3 skills you can use somewhere else.
Remember that auras affects minions also.

I was also thinking to drop inner force for something else.
It all comes down to your gear I guess :).

About the only options i said, I see that we can also get 3 6% ES nodes. imo i think that 18% more es is worth more over those small increases to the auras. the real killer imo is purity. u can get a 6% all res node for one point if u go the bottom route & it's right there. No other points need to be spent to get to it. Also not increasing the max resist is lame.
I hope I'm not bothering you but I can't figure out where your getting your dex from. According to your build you have 104 dex & from your gear that u posted u get 30 from the belt. That's a total of 134 but you have a maxed haste equipped that requires 153. I can't figure out where your getting that 19 Dex from.
"
JMag85 wrote:
I hope I'm not bothering you but I can't figure out where your getting your dex from. According to your build you have 104 dex & from your gear that u posted u get 30 from the belt. That's a total of 134 but you have a maxed haste equipped that requires 153. I can't figure out where your getting that 19 Dex from.

I forgot to update first post when I hit level 89. I used to use an attribute amulet.

On the templar side below Mind and Matter, you will find Skill of the Ancestors (20 DEX).

Keep in mind that I use a ring with 32 STR.
IGN Riokar | My guides
Last edited by Rathik2 on Sep 8, 2013, 6:05:16 PM
have you tried the new unique Mon'tregul's Grasp? thoughts?
I host Good Morning Wraeclast the #1 video source of Path of exile news and information! check the show out. https://www.youtube.com/user/HCMonstrLP
"
have you tried the new unique Mon'tregul's Grasp? thoughts?

No, I didn't. I just don't see why is it worth 15+ exalted and its not needed for this build what so ever.

Read page 31. Already been discussed.

EDIT

If you check trade chat and some of the topics you'll see that the item is crashing bad. And I mean bad.
There are b/o for 7-8 exalted. Wait a few more days/weeks and that will sell for few gcps.

It means people tried it and it didn't work out as they though they would.

Personally I think you just loose to much of the defensive stats from a weapon with a little to no gain on DPS.

Not to mention the item was made as a weapon which will probably have a bad effect when you switch weapon slots to cull with the Reaper.

Personally I value the item at 2-5 gcp depending on stats.
IGN Riokar | My guides
Last edited by Rathik2 on Sep 9, 2013, 2:09:28 AM
Hi there again,
Lvl 69 at the moment farming merc docks relatively comfortably. My equipment still sucks, the only thing of note is that I put all my wealth into 1 ex (my first) and I got an andvarius for it. Stacked a bit more mf so I'm hoping it will pay off soon.

I got a question: was thinking to use tempest sheild as I play onslaught and currently my shield is only 2500. The tempest shield would go together with clarity and discipline in a 4 item slot with reduced mana. You think this makes sense?

Also, I only have a 4L armor, I use a 19Q raise zombies + multistrike + minion damage + minion life. I do have the mellee splash and faster attacks gems, as well as IIR and IIS gems; think I should modify anything?

Thx for all the advice:)
Last edited by JaehaerysTheMad on Sep 9, 2013, 6:09:57 AM
Hi,
Man, that is awesome build :) And I love my 22 x undead army ripping enemies apart :)
I'm lvl 83 now - I was using raise zombies/minion dmg/minion life nodes -> yesterday I tested multistrike/melee splash, I have to admit - I'ts damn faster.

Here's my gear:

Any suggestions what should I change to upgrade ?
Is this new sceptre worth 10 exalts ? - nvm, sorry, I just noticed the 31 page :)
And one more: I heard like mf gear/skills doesn't work in maps O.o true ?
Should I farm docks/lunaris/catacombs only or find power gear for later maps without mf ?
Last edited by adiosmuchachos on Sep 9, 2013, 8:48:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info