[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

"
Hi again,

Just some update on my progress in onslaught: I advanced to 38 and moved to cruel with no trouble at all. Didn't feel in danger but I decided to temporarily go a bit away from the main skill tree investing 4 points to get Divine Toughness and Fitness and the other 2 life nodes leading to them; points that I will eventually retract when moving to CI.

Gear wise, some upgrades:
- got multistrike and enfeeble (still missing arc and melee splash)
- got a 3L Ullr
- got a 4L armor that allows me to run zombies with multistrike, minion life and and added fire damage
- got a perpetual granite flask of adrenaline

Other notes:
- my gloves are crap I should really invest in some decent gloves
- I gave up fireball and I think I'll give up firestorm as well as the minions kill fast enough by themselves as well. Will replace it with arc as soon as I get one.

Questions:
- I have a 3L goldrim (but with no blue socket). About what level should I plan changing it?
- At the moment I'm using only one curse: which one is more efficient to stay alive: temporal chains or enfeeble?
- When I wanna up the dps (farm runs) which offensive curse should I use? Got vulnerability in stash. Should I trade for another?
- My Ullr actually has 4 socks but just 3 are connected; would it be worth to try my luck to get a 4L out of it?

Cheers:)

Ok, first take this into consideration.

"
wade001 wrote:
so far this is what the community has gathered, socket and item level required

1 socket : 1
2 sockets: 1
3 sockets: 15
4 sockets: 28
5 sockets: 35
6 sockets: 50

if it can roll 4 sockets, it can link them.

1h weps/shields = 3max
Helm/Boots/Gloves = 4max
Chest/2h weps = 6max

So if your item is not ilvl 28+ don't try to 4L it.

If you Goldwyrm are not 30%IIQ and +45% fire resistance don't bother. Buy ones with those stats first then 4L. They are dirt cheap.
Personally I wouldn't use those boots, I would rather get ES boots with IIR/IIQ because ES is important. Plenty of then on forums. Use http://poe.xyz.is/ to find what you need.

Emm, debatable about curses.
Temporal chains makes the monsters attack/cast slower for there normal damage and it also allows you room to maneuver, meaning you can stay away from them very easy. If you are not there for the hit you won't take damage.
Enfeeble makes them hit less hard and with a chance to miss.
Personally I used them both at all times. Desynch is a big problem in this game, because loosing 10% EXP at my level is a big issue.

I am assuming you are talking about public groups.
Elemental weakness and Vulnerability is the way to go.
Those two curses help all builds.
If you are solo, temporal chains/enfeeble + Vulnerability.

If your Bones of ullr are not 14-15% speed don't bother. Again, use the search engine to find what you need. Bones of ullr are so common, finding a 4L with +14-15 speed% ones to buy shouldn't be a problem.

Regards
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
Rathik2 wrote:

Temporal chains makes the monsters attack/cast slower for there normal damage and it also allows you room to maneuver, meaning you can stay away from them very easy. If you are not there for the hit you won't take damage.
Personally I used them both at all times. Desynch is a big problem in this game, because loosing 10% EXP at my level is a big issue.

If your Bones of ullr are not 14-15% speed don't bother. Again, use the search engine to find what you need. Bones of ullr are so common, finding a 4L with +14-15 speed% ones to buy shouldn't be a problem.

Regards

I think there is a bit of confusion, I meant the unqiue helmet goldrim (+30ish res all).
I will use temp chains vulenaribility for dps I don't feel comfortable giving away all defense.
The bones are 14%speed :)
I'm interested in starting this build, reading your leveling tips section, I have one question. Where do you got after 61-71 skill points?
"
"
Rathik2 wrote:

Regards

I think there is a bit of confusion, I meant the unqiue helmet goldrim (+30ish res all).
I will use temp chains vulenaribility for dps I don't feel comfortable giving away all defense.
The bones are 14%speed :)

Sorry about that :)

Well the cap is evasion so apart from the 30-40 resist and the 10%IIR all rest stats are worthless for you.
Just search for ES heads with health and res and maybe some iir/iiq while leveling.
I can't tell you what level you need to change it because it depends on what resists you have on other items. If you need the resistance keep it a bit longer.

Leer Cast Festival Mask is a decent item if you can cover the resist..

30% reduced Damage
+(20-30) to Dexterity
+(20-30) to maximum Life
+(20-30) to maximum Mana
You and nearby allies gain 15% increased Damage

http://poe.xyz.is/ is your friend :), use it, learn it, love it!

The curses comes down to personal preference. Nothing stopping you to go dual DPS curse or dual defense.
See what fits your play style.
If you like get 2 Doedre's Damning rings and use 4 curses. Groups will love you :).
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Aug 29, 2013, 10:24:49 AM
"
theeze wrote:
I'm interested in starting this build, reading your leveling tips section, I have one question. Where do you got after 61-71 skill points?

Look at the end build under the "The Matriarch build" section.

Your build may very depending on what gear you have. You might need to get some STR or DEX points or even more resistance.

IGN Riokar | My guides
"
LuckyDevil387 wrote:
Quick question for you Rathik.. your rings are simply stunning ! Did you craft them or trade for them? How much did they run you?

Im level 70 at the moment in Hardcore useing your build and I'm now in the mix of getting my IIQ/IIR up and so far I have all the standard unique items. I hate useing 2 Andvarius rings due to my res. being lacking and I watnted to see what your 2 rings ran you befor i go into crafting or tradeing for some.

Onto my next question. I plan on useing my Heartbreaker unique dagger that I used on my sporker to cull with..So what would you suggest I use in place of culling strike linked to Arc?

I was thinking about droping arc as a 4 linked set up making it a 3 linked set up with Arc IIR/IIQ and making my spell totem and summon skeles a 4 linked with sepll tot. sumon skeles IIR/IIQ since to me they look to be landing some last secound hits when they blow up.

Last but not least I just want to say I love this build! I was mostly a Nerco summoner in D2 LOD so this build feels right at home with me.

Right, I think you should take a look at these topics to understand how much this rings worth :).

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/496406

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/497555
Not for sale.
Mirror worthy.
Look under sold section.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/412804
c/o= 80 exalted !!!
b/o= 86 exalted !!!

For heartbreaker.
First, you need to take into consideration that the Culling strike from the weapon only applies to the spells that you cast directly. It will NOT affect minions.

If you are planning on using heartbreaker then I would go with faster casting, else Arc will be to damn slow.
Spell damage is also worthless to you.
Mana, ES and 10% ES cool down recovery are good mods.
You loose faster casting though on curses and minions gems.
You also loose the chance to get resistance from weapon.
Here are some example weapons that are good for summoner.

It depends on the rest of the gear you have. If you are good with resistances then the weapon is very good to use. Its a min/max thing really.

If your skeletons are getting kills then you should use 20% quality culling strike on zombies.
Thats what I am using.

And yea, I made this build because I used to play necromancer on D2 also.
It does feel right at home :).
IGN Riokar | My guides
Last edited by Rathik2 on Aug 29, 2013, 11:08:06 AM
First, thanks for this guide. Just got back into PoE after a few months off, this build has really got my interest again.

Used a free respec on an oddball life summoner, went from 72 to 78 with no deaths solo. Even at L18 zombies, only have issues keeping them alive against rolling fire-patch elementals and one time the lunaris 2 big golem got corpse exploded. Leveling gems is painful and slow, really curious what 20/20 zombies will be like.

Minor note: I do value IIQ gem over IIR gem, but until you get a solid 6L it just won't work. RRRGB on a 5L ES chest just will never happen, not without hundreds of chromatics. RRGBB for multistrike/melee splash/culling(faster attacks solo)/zombie/IIR is a lot more realistic until you do have the 6L.

Otherwise seems to be steadily improving, just need to farm currency/gear, as a lot I have was for dual ice spear totem build. Still haven't tried group play with this build, probably want better iiq/iir on it before I do higher level map farming seriously. (only 66-67 so far, don't want to waste good ones solo with low mf)

Reiterating that boots of Ullr and Sidhebreth are fantastic leveling, and usable until you're looking at end-game upgrades. (sadly still have Ullr equipped, but the third spectre never hurts) Finding a good archon shield seems even harder than a 6L chest, sometimes.
Yeap, getting RRRBG on 5 socket is a very hard.

You will do fine in a map group. Just ask if anyone is running higher mf than yours, if not, run your culling.

For shield use the search site.
Even a 200 es with some extra res or INT will help.
Also check angelic kite shields also, they come with less base es but with same base res.
IGN Riokar | My guides
First off thanks for posting this build, it has been a great Guide

I have came up with a slight variate based on my leveling experience that uses Necro Aegis
Would appreiate some inputs if any :

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAB2MMfQ5IEH8QlxEPES8RUBGWFLAVUBXXGjIabBzcHRQnqSj6KU8qmCy_OVI6MDrYO-FDY0QERnFI5025TdhObU99UWBWY1crWAdY9VqRXcZgbWaeaqxr220ZcU1zU30Yfll_xoBWgW-Cx4Vghq6IQIhri3qMdo9GkDOTJ5UgmZqaz5uhnYCdrp3Enjyio6aspwinK6h9qZWqxKyYsHe0DLUEtve3MbiTu9a8N7-XwcXB88Ntxp7JPcy80NDT-9eG2Qva3d3z4vfjhOQi5oHrY-vu7BjsOOyK8h731_qA-tI=

Main reasoning for my points selection:
1. to max IIR/IIQ, gear choices are quite limited (i am most definately NOT rich in currency)
Taking all the major STR and DEX was necessary

2. Necro Aegis imo is the most powerful point you can take for a summoner. I am not sure why most summoner builds neglect taking this. Sure you lose all the benefits (on main char) from the shield, but you are not suppose to tank / take damage to begin with.

3. I have also taken the Phalanx wheel (far left) for more All Resist and defense. Simply cause my amulets and rings are all focused on IIR/IIQ

4. Also made a slight branch into Prestidigitation and Reduce mana cost for skills.
I am running three auras Purity / Discipline / Anger at all times with close to 300mana left
The Character becomes extremely mana hungry and these passive points helped alot

Do note I have really crappy gear and these point selection is based on my experience leveling a summoner from scratch.
"
Tremerus wrote:
First off thanks for posting this build, it has been a great Guide

I have came up with a slight variate based on my leveling experience that uses Necro Aegis
Would appreiate some inputs if any :

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAB2MMfQ5IEH8QlxEPES8RUBGWFLAVUBXXGjIabBzcHRQnqSj6KU8qmCy_OVI6MDrYO-FDY0QERnFI5025TdhObU99UWBWY1crWAdY9VqRXcZgbWaeaqxr220ZcU1zU30Yfll_xoBWgW-Cx4Vghq6IQIhri3qMdo9GkDOTJ5UgmZqaz5uhnYCdrp3Enjyio6aspwinK6h9qZWqxKyYsHe0DLUEtve3MbiTu9a8N7-XwcXB88Ntxp7JPcy80NDT-9eG2Qva3d3z4vfjhOQi5oHrY-vu7BjsOOyK8h731_qA-tI=

Main reasoning for my points selection:
1. to max IIR/IIQ, gear choices are quite limited (i am most definately NOT rich in currency)
Taking all the major STR and DEX was necessary

2. Necro Aegis imo is the most powerful point you can take for a summoner. I am not sure why most summoner builds neglect taking this. Sure you lose all the benefits (on main char) from the shield, but you are not suppose to tank / take damage to begin with.

3. I have also taken the Phalanx wheel (far left) for more All Resist and defense. Simply cause my amulets and rings are all focused on IIR/IIQ

4. Also made a slight branch into Prestidigitation and Reduce mana cost for skills.
I am running three auras Purity / Discipline / Anger at all times with close to 300mana left
The Character becomes extremely mana hungry and these passive points helped alot

Do note I have really crappy gear and these point selection is based on my experience leveling a summoner from scratch.

I agree with point 1, but for the rest, I'd say you'll have some troubles reaching lvl 92 with crappy gear anyway

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info