Descent Chest Feedback

"
indczn wrote:
Can't say I agree with this at all. The resists have a noticeable impact on killing speed, especially when a +1 wand isn't found. Just running the skelly area with resists/not resists makes it obvious. Aoeing a resist group usually allows them time to surround you.

Caster skeletons are annoying to kill, sure, but I think they're pretty annoying for melee characters too. Probably more annoying.

Resist magic enemy groups I can understand; but that's just RNG, they're not very common. It's like complaining about ele reflect rares. Anyway, unless they have movespeed too, or are blocking the way, you should probably just ditch any hard-to-kill enemies and move on.

"
Also, LOL@ice nova, really? Thats a reliable drop for an example...

lol, OK I should have said Freezing Pulse.

I just chose Ice Nova because I happened to get it last Witch run-through.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
please relook and balance the gems better for future descent races. If its unknown what builds people play in non turbo races heres a general idea:

Witch: Ice nova until LMP ----> Freeze pulse
Marauder: Leap slam
Shadow: Dual Strike + Cleave
Rangers: Rain of Arrows (their gems are probably fine) -- Although some argue they would cleave + Dualstrike as well
Templar: Dual strike + cleave
Duelists: Cleave and Leapslam (they're fine obviously)

I played shadow every race and im confused at how some of the gems were even thought of. Flicker Strike for example? You probably have the data for that, how many people seriously picked that chest over the wrath/clarity one. Witch records were mainly set by having the lucky ice nova drop. Shadow records could of been beat if cleave would of dropped at earlier levels. When a random gem needs to be dropped to set a record something is wrong.

Also weapons for all classes should be relooked (from chests), For example daggers were their main weapon for shadows, I don't think I ever selected those chests because daggers are the worst items to ever roll in a race. Would prefer claws/swords instead, along with wands for the casters.

I'd like to suggest something added to descent as well.. Some kind of vendor that allows you to sell items for vendor recipes only. Or at least an option to either get currency from a chest versus sell crap to a vendor. It would be nice to be able to sell three small pots I find for a medium pot, or possibly craft a sapphire ring with all the useless gems I have to pick up. Or even use the extra quicksilver to craft movement speed boots..
Last edited by Rithz on Aug 21, 2013, 1:15:13 AM
"
Rithz wrote:
It would be nice to be able to sell three small pots I find for a medium pot..

The problem here is the lowered flask drop rates DUE to the added vendor recipes, which are not available in Descent.
How about if they add a vendor at the end of each zone, at which u can only sell stuff a.k.a potions, rings, MS boots etc recipe... getting some transmutes, alts...
If it ends up gems changing to cookiecutter builds then it shows just how laughable the attempt to create a real race is.

Better give everybody fixed gems chests and all items are white.
This would kill the Randomness at all.
The more I think about it, the more there should be a minimum of 3 chest options. It would even fit thematically; PoE has always been about triads, such as AR/EV/ES, blue/red/green, etc. For example, the ranger's green options may encourage archery, her red options may encourage dual-wielding, and her blue options may encourage traps (Fire and Bear, mostly); similarly, the Marauder's red chests may encourage two-handed, green chests one-handed (either shield or dual-wield), blue chests encourage totems (Decoy and Shockwave). The "resist rings" chest could force you to choose which resistance you desire. And so on.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Aug 21, 2013, 7:56:27 AM
I have enough difficulty remembering which chest to get each time, if they want to add a third chest then I suggest they change the names of the chests to be whatever the contents of that particular chest are going to be!
Example
First chest is named "Quicksilver Flask, Quicksilver Flask, Wisdom Scroll, Wisdom Scroll" instead of "Alluring"
If they colour the chests with some red/blue/green trimming, I really don't think it would be that hard to remember. For example, Chest 2 might be something like:
Red chest: 2x Medium Life Flask, 2x Coral Ring, 2x Orb of Transmutation
Blue chest: 2x Medium Mana Flask, 2x Paua Ring, 2x Orb of Transmutation
Green chest: 2x Quicksilver Flask, 2x Iron Ring, 2x Orb of Transmutation

Remembering that based off of colour would be extremely easy.

I guess the main problem would be figuring out some kind of backup in the case of colourblind folks.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Calling them "red", "Blue" and "Green" chests would work. Or some other words that meant strength, dexterity and intelligence.

Even if they keep the two-chest model, it should be made obvious from the names what is in them.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Aug 21, 2013, 4:36:40 PM
That "sell/recipe only npc at the end of each zone" idea was something id also considered adding to my earlier wall of text, but i think itd detract from the no-interaction and never-stop-moving aspects of descent.

Three chests with a much wider and more all-ecompassing range of gems, orbs and items would do the job just as well.
IGN: KoTao

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info