Descent Chest Feedback

"
indczn wrote:

- Raise Zombie: Do I even need to crucify having this as an option? Minions are worthless in races.

I'll limit myself to this one since it reflects an attitude I commonly see in people arguing balance changes that I strongly disagree with. Not everything in a race is supposed to be about/for the top players hoping to get a Demi. For a player who's barely able to get far enough for the first or second point tier the increased survivability from a few decoys is well worth the mana spent to raise them. You're never going to win a race in the sense of finishing in the top X while running a pack of zombies; but you're also significantly less likely to die overall which is a major benefit for keeping lower level players interested in the races.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
"
Qarl wrote:
Thanks for this feedback. We will be making changes to the chests for Season 4 Descent. (Specifically they will be updated by GGG_Neon)

Excellent.
IGN: KoTao
"
Summoner wrote:
"
indczn wrote:

- Raise Zombie: Do I even need to crucify having this as an option? Minions are worthless in races.

I'll limit myself to this one since it reflects an attitude I commonly see in people arguing balance changes that I strongly disagree with. Not everything in a race is supposed to be about/for the top players hoping to get a Demi. For a player who's barely able to get far enough for the first or second point tier the increased survivability from a few decoys is well worth the mana spent to raise them. You're never going to win a race in the sense of finishing in the top X while running a pack of zombies; but you're also significantly less likely to die overall which is a major benefit for keeping lower level players interested in the races.

And so I'll reiterate: make every gem an option.
"
Qarl wrote:
Thanks for this feedback. We will be making changes to the chests for Season 4 Descent. (Specifically they will be updated by GGG_Neon)

Oh god it's coming back??

/wrists

Tell me not as a signature race at least. I have an aneurysm ready and waiting to pop based on your reply.
Last edited by boof on Aug 20, 2013, 1:45:18 AM
And remove such horrible drops such as 3 Regretorbs. Scourings is something you would need because you found a magic linked item but there isn't a single alteration orb in chest so stats have to be removed and rerolled.

Descent always comes down to Curious Chests in the End.

Also monsters shouldn't have got any resists at all. Resists only put caster builds at disadvantage.

Since it's a wipe race good currenency should drop far more often.(The droprates are as horrible as in the normal game)
Nothing is more annoying that getting alch chests and getting screwed up with the rerolls.

"
boof wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

/wrists

Tell me not as a signature race at least. I have an aneurysm ready and waiting to pop based on your reply.

It won't be the signature event.

"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
I just had an interesting idea: what if Chest 6 (support gem) and Chest 8 (resist rings vs. potions) were swapped? The support gem has an equip level of 12 so you can't use it at Chest 6 anyway, and large potions/resist rings have lower equip levels.

Hmm well large pot = 14, Greater = 18. I usually am at or close to 12 when i get the first support gem chest.

I play Marauder and overall i think the chests are pretty good, no drastic changes necessary. Well done, Neon.
Necropolis: 96
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
Qarl wrote:
"
boof wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

/wrists

It won't be the signature event.

Thank you Qarl. You saved a life.
"
Hilbert wrote:
Also monsters shouldn't have got any resists at all. Resists only put caster builds at disadvantage.

Early resists aren't that noticable. Ice Nova vs water cave is fine, firestorm vs simians is fine, etc...
You don't really notice the resists until the Hall of Heroes. By that point, you've had the chance to get elemental curses and ele penetration support gems.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:

Early resists aren't that noticable. Ice Nova vs water cave is fine, firestorm vs simians is fine, etc...
You don't really notice the resists until the Hall of Heroes. By that point, you've had the chance to get elemental curses and ele penetration support gems.

Can't say I agree with this at all. The resists have a noticeable impact on killing speed, especially when a +1 wand isn't found. Just running the skelly area with resists/not resists makes it obvious. Aoeing a resist group usually allows them time to surround you.

Also, LOL@ice nova, really? Thats a reliable drop for an example...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info