Point Blank + Lightning Strike doesn't seem to work

Actually Point Blank does not change projectile damage, but applies to a ranged attack. Lightning Strike is a melee-attack, which generates ranged projectiles. The projectiles themself are no seperate attack. So at least this part is not confusing.

So the wording is correct, in this case. But the wording should allow the use of wands. Which would make sense and should not break any balance, since it the keystone is far away from most wand-nodes and the support-gem isn't that strong either (since you normally want to keep range, with the mostly single-target wandskills.
anyone know if burning arrow is affected as well?
"
Yogurt8 wrote:
anyone know if burning arrow is affected as well?

Burning Arrow is an attack only useable with a bow (which is a ranged weapon). So yes, it should increase all components (physical and fire are probably the ones you're interested in) of the damage from Burning Arrow. It should also indirectly increase any burning damage since it is dependent on the amount of fire damage done.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
The keystone isn't far away from tons of projectile damage and dual wield nodes though - so it is completely viable damage-wise to go wands as a Ranger. Especially considering two easily available clusters of +elemental damage with weapons. A hatred ranger running dual wand is a scary thing, to make them close-ranged would be an interesting twist.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQIABB95HgXc070GwETPCNty1wr8Kq8OhOkcEmgPxxMV2mkUgyuTF4eVhxhg2UkZYlP-HV7NnSPAK9sj70isJEKdoCbA84kskvP-NQEndjXuYPo6q_InOv24hjuQyGRBLfD0RMYy6UaqDY5IWfzzT-mDIFJZeclS_IQEWuNeclxZFhhexIRxX_ngqGDw1q1hmt9KY2o8MmRl6xtlp-7KaYVs3Gwg-OtwI3fgcYQpHHO-ypl3ztDse4rWDX87b0_gICcpv1I5rt6BFAXvHhJf7fZ5FoyfC2qaOuLN8kM_foJ57e64ZfYJqpft49jdRc3wrtWS_WgJbYX9L_yJaX6WwAzcYYbmhQ-SsmK2kxriZbKzkQOAgiBVr6bMJPQKmBS09lXhhNccEt0jUXicvMMX3bweUokUxWquutvhsrw6_NrmYf31xD7JlBalo5bGNAk=
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Aug 25, 2012, 6:59:50 PM
Within PoE, "Ranged" specifically refers to weapons. A "ranged attack" is any attack made with a ranged weapon (bow or wand). LS is not a ranged attack, it is a melee one. It can't be both.
"
Shippal wrote:
By the Lightning Strike skill description, lightning "is released from the weapon as projectiles as you strike". By all accounts, this is considered ranged damage (as noted by the fact that you can use Lesser Multiple Projectiles on it).
No, that shows it's projectile damage - damage dealt by a projectile, not that it's "ranged" in the terminology of the game.

However, as of 0.9.12 and the projectile refactor, Point Blank is changing to specifically affect projectile attacks, rather than ranged attacks, so will affect LS.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Point Blank is changing to specifically affect projectile attacks, rather than ranged attacks, so will affect LS.

The mind boggles at how this is going to be balanced.
Well Lightning Strike is actually primarly used by marauders, which have a long way to go to reach point blank. Although it is only 5 Points from IR, which is also something a lot of people want.

I'm more concerned about Shadows. They can use Point Blank to boost their projectile-damage, which would make some nasty spells. On the other hand shadows might need this improvement.
"
Emphasy wrote:
Well Lightning Strike is actually primarly used by marauders, which have a long way to go to reach point blank. Although it is only 5 Points from IR, which is also something a lot of people want.
It's also a support gem.

"
Emphasy wrote:
I'm more concerned about Shadows. They can use Point Blank to boost their projectile-damage, which would make some nasty spells.
No. Point Blank will affect Projectile Attacks. It will continue to have no effect on spells.
I'm excited to hear about this change. Will make my power siphon shadow even more ridiculous close up.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
What? Power Siphon already benefits from Point Blank.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info