0.9.12 - Arrows will now be real projectiles

Ah fantastic. Been wanting this since I first started playing.
Does this mean that multiple projectiles can now hit a single target?
"
zentaco wrote:
Does this mean that multiple projectiles can now hit a single target?

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Covert wrote:
Does this mean I can 'shotgun' with arrows the same as I can with projectile spells?
No. there was discussion of this, but for balance reasons and to help make attacks more distinguished from spells, multiple wand projectiles or arrows from the same attack cannot "shotgun" the same target, but most spells can.

Please read the thread, it's only 2 pages long!
Visit the Path of Exile Wiki at http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/
"
Jonathan wrote:

[li]Bonus Change: Bow/Wand skills will be able to be used with Totems and Traps so long as you are wielding a bow when you use them. This hasn't been implemented yet due a few tough implementation issues, but we are keen to do it.[/li]
[/list]

We will be deploying these changes to Alpha within a few days to get feedback.

This is great news!

Poison Arrow traps.. rain of arrows totems.. just more and more build diversity.

" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
I made an ranger and it felt super weak and I think they will be weak in pvp aswell. Im new though so i dont know about high lvl rangers. I was doing maybe 200 dps with my bow when my brother who was melee was getting 800dps. with my attack speed i would maybe get 1.5 attacks off before he would be right ontop of me pounding me silly.

It seems to me with so many ways to close the distance with flicker strike, phase run, shield charge, ice wall/teleport combo that rangers are going to suck even more.

Rangers have poor DPS, their evasion skill is sub par compared to armour and now people can just dodge their arrows until they get close enough to 1 shot the archer.

is their going to be any future buff to bow attacks or am i just being a poor baby?
"
stickman wrote:

Rangers have poor DPS, their evasion skill is sub par compared to armour and now people can just dodge their arrows until they get close enough to 1 shot the archer.

Get iron reflexes if you want armor too (Converts evasion to armor)
And that is why it is implemented to alfa not beta at the moment ;)
I have a pretty good feeling about this. Are these features just for PVP, or will mobs be able to dodge (by chance). It seems a little weird that you still need decent accuracy rating plus skill/luck to hit a mob/player, while say, a witch, doesn't have to worry about rolled misses. Will damage be buffed to compensate, or did the classes feel pretty fairly balanced in this regard?

Current IGNs:
Smoothjazzz - 61 Summoner Templar (Default)
PostHardcore - 52 2H Marauder (Hardcore) (RIP)
PointBlaurader - 68 Bowrauder (Hardcore)
As a student in programming/design I really love how you guys talk about the structure/design of you game from a 'behind the scenes' perspective!

Keep up the good work!
ign: SQLException

dxdiag: http://pastebin.com/8WJ696Hu
Now I'm just waiting for when they make melee hits like projectiles where if you move out of the way of the swing you avoid the damage completely. It's kind of annoying to take damage when you clearly moved out of the way of the attack. :(
Last edited by KatGunz on Aug 24, 2012, 3:48:25 AM
I can't wait to test out the new Arrow Dodging active skill.

Of course, I can already hear the desync and lag complaints from archers and wand-shooters that weren't feeling these effects as much as everyone else right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info